Metal Storm logo
Comets on Fire

22.10.2007 - 16:12
Throne of Rats

Another one of my top bands, I think they are a very unique band. They are highly regarded as one of the best Rock/Jazz/Psychedelic bands that is out there. Blue Cathedral is an absolute masterpiece as is the rest of their releases. This thread was created for the Comets on Fire fans....If there is any.....
----
Burning Crosses, Invoke the Powers, Rape the Crown, Hell Awaits!!
28.10.2007 - 01:34
John Barleycorn
Minimalist
Didn't they have some connection with Dead Meadow? I love the latter and if Comets on Fire is even remotely similar, I'll be intrigued.
08.11.2007 - 01:09
Throne of Rats

Written by John Barleycorn on 28.10.2007 at 01:34

Didn't they have some connection with Dead Meadow? I love the latter and if Comets on Fire is even remotely similar, I'll be intrigued.

I never new of any connection between Comets and Dead Meadow. But I do know that if you like Dead Meadow you will very much like Comets. (If thats what you meant by connection) If you want hevier faster stuff get anything from Self Titled through to Blue Cathedral, if mellow is what you want Avatar is amazing.

Blue Cathedral is my pick, fast at times, psychedelic and just all round amazing. It is probably their highest regarded CD.
----
Burning Crosses, Invoke the Powers, Rape the Crown, Hell Awaits!!
29.11.2007 - 11:51
CrypticMyth
Metal Scientist
I've only heard their 2006 release, Avatar and it kicked some ass. Sort of like a totally blues version of MVO or something. How are the others in comparison to Avatar? Similar stuff or of a totally different vein?
----
"You're all the same, the lot of you, with your long hair and faggot clothes. Drugs, sex, every sort of filth. And you hate the police, don't you? You make it easy."