Metal Storm logo
The Cult

24.10.2007 - 22:21
slowdeathchick
So I have been going back through some of my older albums and I came across one of The Cult. Started listening to it and decided it was worth goin aout and bying another album. In the mean time I've fallen in love with the songs "Shape the Sky" and "American Gothic". So what are yur thoughts on this band/their songs?
----
The past defines the future, but sometimes you must leave something behind to be able to grow.

Gaahl
24.10.2007 - 23:10
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
staff
I think they lost a lot of their magic when they dropped their goth rock roots and became fairly ordinary hard rock/heavy metal ("Electric" was the beginning to this downfall, although even "Sonic Temple" still had some decent songs on it). "Beyond Good And Evil", which is the album those two songs you mention come from, was a little bit of a return to form from the band; however, still a far cry from the (Southern) Death Cult stuff, the debut and Love. Those are the albums that are Cult at their best IMO (yes, Im one of those people who think "Peace" should have been the real "Electric") and at that time they played a type of rock that was completely unique and still is. Once Duffy fell in love with just riffing away, the band became boring. Oh, and the latest album is pure CRAP i'm afraid...
25.10.2007 - 09:59
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
i like tehm like all albums what I had hear, but ONLY 80ties stuff, great, band, one of firts who put emeotions into music , and poetry fielings and mysticism too,
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing