Metal Storm logo
Funeral Mist

Original post

Posted by , 04.06.2006 - 02:47
What do you think about this awesome Swedish BM band??? they're one of the mos tbrutal, insane acts around, and at the same time they keep a blood-chilling "ceremonial" atmosphere... their album Salvation is a masterpiece, and some of the demos make also a very good job... if theire is ONE overlooked Black Metal band in Sweden, it is Funeral Mist... highly recommended.
23.02.2009 - 00:04
Metalhead2
Skinhead1
Written by VPeter on 22.02.2009 at 20:52

Written by Metalhead2 on 22.02.2009 at 20:34

Quote:

They could simply say in their reviews that they don't like an album, because maybe to them its boring.

ANUS guys are discussing about quality and not about everyone's retarded and nonimportant opinions. But yeah, you do not even know what does quality mean, so why are you replying to me? Why you don't spend more time trying to understand their opinions(facts actually)

Would you please stop acting like a religious fucktard and grow an own opinion?

Now this is funny. First of all, I shared a lot of philosophy views before joining ANUS. Second, they are the only ones I found on Internet that understand that melodic metal and pop(and all other crap) are exactly the same music. and finally, I don't follow anyone but I trust them because they understand some things you will never understand.

But you should rather read the first paragraph of the Conservatinist's review. The fact that you (pretty much like all another Christians) think rather of quantity than quality is a reason of your nonunderstanding of ANUS.
23.02.2009 - 01:05
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Haha what a follower. It's funny how he rated Wintersun and two Hammerfall albums a 10.

I haven't heard it yet but I'll download it soon.
23.02.2009 - 01:23
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Metalhead2 on 23.02.2009 at 00:04

Now this is funny. First of all, I shared a lot of philosophy views before joining ANUS. Second, they are the only ones I found on Internet that understand that melodic metal and pop(and all other crap) are exactly the same music. and finally, I don't follow anyone but I trust them because they understand some things you will never understand.

But you should rather read the first paragraph of the Conservatinist's review. The fact that you (pretty much like all another Christians) think rather of quantity than quality is a reason of your nonunderstanding of ANUS.

In his defence, you are the most self-contradicting user I have ever seen on here. Comparing all your old posts it seems you change opinions more than a pair of socks, so its really hard not to believe that you are pretty much a tool of that childish website. So please, I beg of you, refrain from posting for a few months until you've formed a solid opinion of your own and stuck to it for more than 2 weeks.

Fuck ANUS.com.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
23.02.2009 - 11:39
Sunioj

Written by Conservationist on 22.02.2009 at 22:36

Either that, or they believe what they write and don't dumb it down to pander to the lowest aspects of human beings.

I also don't see where you read intellectualism -- which seems to me to involve drinking pumpkin lattes and wearing berets -- from a review that just tries to analyze the music. Not pander to you with some statement like "It'll tear your fucking head off!"

In fact, speaking for the rest of the ANUS crew... we'd rather you just talked about the album, instead of trying to attack us for daring to write a review that actually analyzes the music "and stuff."

Actually, speaking on behalf of everyone that isn't on the same narcissistic level as Anus.com, we'd rather you talk about the album then attacking the audience and the band. If you call that analyzing, then a big lol. I'm done repeating myself.

This is coming from a person that doesn't like this album too much either.
23.02.2009 - 12:12
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Conservationist on 21.02.2009 at 20:11

Quote:

Metal since 1998 has produced a whole lot of favorites that seem to be forgotten six months later. Funeral Mist Maranatha is going to be the latest, although for the next 96 hours people will tell me I'm wrong, stupid, primitive and dumb for thinking that.

Funeral Mist - Maranatha review

Summary: it's a trendy kvlty fvcking tvrd, so avoid it and buy something good instead.

Damn that was a terrible review, by any standard, regardless of whether or not I like the album (which I do). Seems to be more about grinding a personal axe than writing a balanced, fair review and in fact seems more pre-occupied with black metal status and culture and, frankly, sticking the boot in if the overtly offensive nature is anything to go by. Obvioulsy reviews are indelibly about personal opinion but your task for this week is look up the meaning of "objective".

But yeah, I really like the new album, far more than Salvation anyway which although I liked has ended up sounding like a lot of other bands nowadays. There seems to be industrial constituent, at least superficially which I approve of. The general variety and pace of the album is very much a step up.
23.02.2009 - 15:04
TheBigRossowski

Written by Conservationist on 22.02.2009 at 22:37

Written by TheBigRossowski on 22.02.2009 at 20:59

I just RE-read that shit of a review and found very un-fact like material. "Well -- you can always go lower, like meth whores who don't mind your big dumb friend with AIDS joining in.."

You complain when it's analytical, and then you complain when it's plain-spoken. Sounds to me like you'll complain no matter what it is...

Actually, the review wasn't at all analytical. It was written in a comprehensible manner, but it didn't actually 'review' the album. At least this new review you posted talks a little bit about the album.

And I'm the Dude man, I don't complain...I just like....state my opinion you fuckin' goldbricker

EDIT: WAIT! I have some time before I have to take off for work so I checked the link. It just takes you to a blank MA page and says there are NO reviews yet. Now I'm curious where you got this review or if you made it up yourself after hearing a song or two from the album.

Can you actually discuss how YOU feel about the album? Feel free to leave 'White Stone', and 'Anti-Flesh Nimbus' out of that, though I do enjoy that last choir piece. I hear some riffs repeat themselves here and there, but this is time for you dudes...well, not dudes...nihilists (drawing on my Lebowski references) to state your opinions on this album.
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
23.02.2009 - 15:17
Metalhead2
Skinhead1
Written by Doc G. on 23.02.2009 at 01:23

In his defence, you are the most self-contradicting user I have ever seen on here. Comparing all your old posts it seems you change opinions more than a pair of socks, so its really hard not to believe that you are pretty much a tool of that childish website. So please, I beg of you, refrain from posting for a few months until you've formed a solid opinion of your own and stuck to it for more than 2 weeks.

Fuck ANUS.com.

I am stuck to my opinion since the last June/July. In the last April I started to appreciate Burzum, Immortal and old Therion and slowly fucked off all crap. And what if I rated Hammerfall and Wintersun albums with 10? It was long time ago (before June/July).

You just can not prove me that I am wrong because it is impossible and because you can't you spend your time to find my ancient posts that were written long ago. That's all.
23.02.2009 - 17:58
VPeter

Written by Metalhead2 on 23.02.2009 at 15:17

Written by Doc G. on 23.02.2009 at 01:23

Fuck ANUS.com.

I am stuck to my opinion since the last June/July. In the last April I started to appreciate Burzum, Immortal and old Therion and slowly fucked off all crap. And what if I rated Hammerfall and Wintersun albums with 10? It was long time ago (before June/July).

You just can not prove me that I am wrong because it is impossible and because you can't you spend your time to find my ancient posts that were written long ago. That's all.

Lol, you amuse me. You act like you are from Westboro church, all dogmatic and brainless, zero logic. Anus is like that club of elite ubergeeks of bug collectors in high school, where only the most brainless and up the ass elite can join. Despite claiming they rule, they always fail in life and get some well deserved beating during dodge ball. Go back and listen Hammerfall and Wintersun again wannabee ubergeek, elitism isn't worth it. Oh yeah, to avoid any further petty attempts to gain attention by you *adds to ignore list*
24.02.2009 - 21:20
TheBigRossowski

It doesn't look like they will be discussing the album, so...MOVING ON. I listened to the vinyl on the 22nd and then found a download to put on my iTunes. Since then, I'd say I've listened to the album at least six times.

The slower songs really pull me down a bit. White Stone and Anti-Flesh Nimbus aren't that interesting, but they're not horrible songs either. I've said this before, but the album is also easier to digest than Salvation. Maybe that's why there are a lot of goldbrickers saying it's following Dimmu Borgir's "Carnival Music".

My personal favorite is still Living Temples, but at points the guitar make a weird "buzz" that was played in Jesus Saves! already. The children's singing at the end is some eerie shit! The thing I like the most is how Arioch seems to intentionally play around and make you think it's going to be soft, but then the song practically explodes in your face.

I personally rated the album as very good. It has its downfalls, depriving it of being a "brilliant" album, but I would recommend it without a doubt.

There's the Dudes two cents for anyone who is interested.
----
25.02.2009 - 11:54
TheBigRossowski

Written by Blood Red Moon on 25.02.2009 at 00:14

Written by TheBigRossowski on 24.02.2009 at 21:20

The slower songs really pull me down a bit. White Stone and Anti-Flesh Nimbus aren't that interesting, but they're not horrible songs either. I've said this before, but the album is also easier to digest than Salvation. Maybe that's why there are a lot of goldbrickers saying it's following Dimmu Borgir's "Carnival Music".

White Stone seems like Arioch just went into the studio and they recorded him as he was warming up or something. It feels really random and chaotic yet uninteresting. I really don't think that it was written as a "serious" track but they put it on the album anyway. I love the album, I find it more exciting and insane than Salvation. What I like most about Funeral Mist and new Marduk, is how in your face it is. It's not just raw black metal, it's raw black metal and it's loud and absolutely crazy.

I wouldn't say it's more insane than Salvation, but it's a good album! The choirs are actually better this time around. Like I said before, the kids in Living Temple...creepy. And on A New Light and Anti-Flesh Nimbus. However, to date my favorite 'extra' stuff like that is on 'Sun Of Hope' with the slave like sounds.
----
26.02.2009 - 16:38
Conservationist

Written by TheBigRossowski on 23.02.2009 at 15:04

Actually, the review wasn't at all analytical. It was written in a comprehensible manner, but it didn't actually 'review' the album.

I checked the link. It just takes you to a blank MA page and says there are NO reviews yet. Now I'm curious where you got this review or if you made it up yourself after hearing a song or two from the album.

Check again. It's there.

Both reviews review the album, just at different levels of abstraction.

Who are you to define what a review is?

What are your qualifications?

Oh, another embittered dude on the internet. FUCKING AWESOME
26.02.2009 - 16:40
Conservationist

Written by VPeter on 23.02.2009 at 17:58
Anus is like that club of elite ubergeeks of bug collectors in high school, where only the most brainless and up the ass elite can join. Despite claiming they rule, they always fail in life and get some well deserved beating during dodge ball.

Where do they claim they rule?

Where do they get beat?

They claim they like quality music. What's wrong with that? Are you against quality?
26.02.2009 - 18:01
TheBigRossowski

Written by Conservationist on 26.02.2009 at 16:38

Written by TheBigRossowski on 23.02.2009 at 15:04

Actually, the review wasn't at all analytical. It was written in a comprehensible manner, but it didn't actually 'review' the album.

I checked the link. It just takes you to a blank MA page and says there are NO reviews yet. Now I'm curious where you got this review or if you made it up yourself after hearing a song or two from the album.

Check again. It's there.

Both reviews review the album, just at different levels of abstraction.

Who are you to define what a review is?

What are your qualifications?

Oh, another embittered dude on the internet. FUCKING AWESOME

...you still haven't talked about the album. My qualifications? You're a joke. That review wasn't there when you posted your statement, Mr.Prozak.

I'll stick to a wiseman's words and ughhh...not feed the trolls. He's a pederast. What's a p-e-d-e-r-a-s-t Walter? Shut the fuck up Donny.
----
26.02.2009 - 19:56
Conservationist

Written by TheBigRossowski on 26.02.2009 at 18:01

...you still haven't talked about the album. My qualifications? You're a joke. That review wasn't there when you posted your statement, Mr.Prozak.

The review covers the album. You just refuse to see it for some reason. I can't help you with your insults or delusions; Metal-Archives did however suspend the review until the album was "officially" out, after initially posting it.
04.03.2009 - 23:03
Southern Wind
Account deleted
The first listens of Maranatha had been really dissapointing. It seems that Arioch didn't take a lot of time to write this shit, even though 5 years had passed since Salvation.
13.04.2009 - 11:47
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Damn, Salvation is one of my favorite black metal albums of all time, but Maranatha is a huge step down. It lacks the punch and darkness of Salvation, the choirs are too minimal, and many of the songs seem too drawn out. I really want to like this but I just can't... disappointment of the year so far for me

I hope it grows on me though!
13.04.2009 - 18:34
Metalhead2
Skinhead1
Quote:

I really want to like this but I just can't

Yeah, why nobody with high IQ likes maranatha?
13.04.2009 - 20:19
Lord_Regnier

Written by Metalhead2 on 13.04.2009 at 18:34

Quote:

I really want to like this but I just can't

Yeah, why nobody with high IQ likes maranatha?

Looks like anyone who doesn't think like you is instantly labeled as not intelligent in your mind. The same childish attitude than on the Beherit thread.

You sound like those foolish elitists on that Anus.com lame attempt at a metal forum. It's because of such individuals that people in general have such a low opinion of Black Metal fans. You make us all (the BM fans I mean) look like arrogant close-minded elitists who think they're better than others.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
13.04.2009 - 23:18
ForeverDarkWoods

Written by Lord_Regnier on 13.04.2009 at 20:19

Looks like anyone who doesn't think like you is instantly labeled as not intelligent in your mind. The same childish attitude than on the Beherit thread.

You sound like those foolish elitists on that Anus.com lame attempt at a metal forum. It's because of such individuals that people in general have such a low opinion of Black Metal fans. You make us all (the BM fans I mean) look like arrogant close-minded elitists who think they're better than others.

Don't be so hard on him. I'm guessing you were also like 13 once. The Anus.com people (that douchebag included) just stayed at that age indefinitely for some reason.

We can at least laugh at them, though. Seriously, they themselves are the only ones who think they're cool in any way.

I mean, believe me, actually thinking that black metal IS "the raw essence of pure black evil in man" (taken from 101 rules of bm) is not some kind of virtue...

Besides, If I've ever seen a trend with people who act like that guy, it's that most likely, nearly everybody here would kick his ass.

The best part about my entire post is that I don't even like Maranatha much. In comparison to Salvation, it was just fucking lame. I was thinking it might grow on me. It didn't, and now I realize how fucking boring it is.
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America
13.04.2009 - 23:33
Metalhead2
Skinhead1
Quote:

Looks like anyone who doesn't think like you is instantly labeled as not intelligent in your mind.

The reason: I have realized that they are wrong. I have realized that the relativism sucks through my own experience.
Quote:

You sound like those foolish elitists

remove foolish. Prove me that I am foolish. You can't?
Quote:

It's because of such individuals that people in general have such a low opinion of Black Metal fans.

Who are those people? Pope and Obama supporters?
Quote:

I'm guessing you were also like 13 once.

Me 13? I think that I am 17,5.
Quote:

We can at least laugh at them, though.

You can laugh at everybody. Just like I can. However when I laugh at someone I understand why I do that.
14.04.2009 - 00:35
Lord_Regnier

Written by ForeverDarkWoods on 13.04.2009 at 23:18

Don't be so hard on him. I'm guessing you were also like 13 once. The Anus.com people (that douchebag included) just stayed at that age indefinitely for some reason.

We can at least laugh at them, though. Seriously, they themselves are the only ones who think they're cool in any way.

I pity them, really.

@Metalhead2: I 'don't need to give any proof that you are foolish. You give the proofs yourself in the douche comments you have the habit to post. By the way, Anus.com bears its name quite well, as I put this pathetic pseudo-intellectual bullshit up my ass. A website named ANUS, with lots of assholes on it...How fitting.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"