Metal Storm logo
The Hellacopters

28.10.2007 - 04:35
Eternal Flames
Swedish rock band formed in 1994 as a side project of ex-Entombed drummer Nicke Andersson and Backyard Babies guitarist Andreas Svensson aka Dregen. Eventually Svensson departed from the band to concentrate on his own band Backyard Babies. With a couple of line-up changes, they finally found a full line-up and for over a decade now, they have been releasing consistent and solid rock n' roll albums.

On October 13, the band announced that their career spanning over almost 13 years would finally be drawing to a close, as they were planning to release their seventh and final album in early 2008 followed by their farewell tour. I was fortunate enough to see this great band live back in 2003 and I must say they put on an excellent show. I was really hoping that I would get to see them live again one day, but unfortunately it doesn't seem like that opportunity will arise.

My favourite album by this band is probably High Visibility. The songwriting is what makes the album so great. It's very catchy and just straightforward rock. Their latest release Rock & Roll Is Dead was also very good. Not as good as High Visibility in my opinion, but still very enjoyable. I cannot wait to hear their upcoming and last album.

So, are there any other fans of this band here?
02.11.2007 - 01:34
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
They have this song called Born In 69 I listened to a long time ago...I think that's all I know about this band...
06.11.2007 - 11:15
Eternal Flames
Don't believe I've heard that particular song. I know they have a song called "Born Broke", if that is maybe the song you were thinking of. The only "Born in 69" song that I have heard is by Rocket From The Crypt.
06.11.2007 - 20:31
Sonsofsabbath
I have heard of this band, and have heard a song, I thik it was a tribute. Did they cover sweet leaf?
07.11.2007 - 11:50
Eternal Flames
Written by Sonsofsabbath on 06.11.2007 at 20:31

I have heard of this band, and have heard a song, I thik it was a tribute. Did they cover sweet leaf?

I'm not quite sure if they did a cover of Sweet Leaf, but I do know that they did a cover of Dirty Women, if that was perhaps the cover that you heard? You really should check out some of their original stuff though.
22.04.2008 - 01:45
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
well looks like none heard of them

but what really happend with band, they were on TV in one period all the time in magazines everywhere now they r gone so what happend ????

im glad i saw this thread im goin to hear some hellacopters songs
----
On pirun vaikea selvitä hengissä hautaan saakka
It is damn difficult to stay alive till the grave
Erno Paasilinna
:devil:
22.04.2008 - 09:23
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I know only I miss em 3 years ago in Swe whan thay play liofe there I listened some glam band becaus eitv was closser get to bus station
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
21.10.2008 - 21:21
Thryce
Retired Staff
Elite
The Hellacopters - Final Shows Ever Live On MySpace

The Hellacopters invites all their fans and friends world wide to see their final gigs ever, live streamed on http://www.myspace.com/hellacopters , October 25 and October 26.

Earlier this year, The Hellacopters announced that they are putting an end to it. For good. 13 years of being the Rockn'Roll ministers of Sweden, the Popes of Powerpop, the Caesars of Scandinavian Rockugallia is right now ending with a final tour of sold out concerts all over the Nordics, and 2 days of pure rock at the 4 sold out gigs at Debaser Medis in Stockholm.

And just as intensely as they have always done full throttle and stepped on the gas every single second they have been on stage - just as intensely they want to go out. And they want all their friends to join.

The four final gigs of The Hellacopters will be live streamed in MySpace HD quality on their page http://www.myspace.com/hellacopters:

Saturday, October 25th, 12.30 and 21:00 (CET)
+Sunday, October 26th, 15:00 and 21:00 (CET)
----
Your favorite band sucks.
25.10.2008 - 06:06
Eternal Flames
Thanks for that information Thryce. I'm definitely looking forward to watching it.

It'll be interesting to see where each member will go from here. I know Nicke is continuing with Death Breath, and Robert's doing the same with Thunder Express. At least they'll have more time to concentrate on these side-projects now.
01.01.2012 - 19:44
moe5512
Hellacopters is one of my favorite bands, hope they reunite :/