Metal Storm logo
Amaran's Plight

01.11.2007 - 17:08
Danigar
I'm opening this thread to talk about a new excellent super band called Amaran's Plight. They are formed by Gary Wehrkamp (Shadow Gallery) on guitars, Kurt Barabas (Spock's Beard) on bass, Nick D'Virgilio on drums and DC Cooper on vocals. I recently got their album Voice In The Light and was so blown away, I loved they brand of melodic progressive metal a la Shadow Gallery so much. I recomend this band to all of those who love Shadow Gallery and similars, in fact I felt like listening to a SG album but with the amazing addition of Cooper on vocals, and a lot of incredible intrumental passages and melodies along with a very interesting storyline. I just hope they continue working and releasing more material because they feature some of my favorite musicians (Without a SG release in so much time this surely does it for me!) Well what do you think about them, I think is one of the best if not the best progressive release of the year, although Paradise Lost is hard to surpass for me. ^^
20.06.2009 - 19:07
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Written by Danigar on 01.11.2007 at 17:08

I'm opening this thread to talk about a new excellent super band called Amaran's Plight. They are formed by Gary Wehrkamp (Shadow Gallery) on guitars, Kurt Barabas (Spock's Beard) on bass, Nick D'Virgilio on drums and DC Cooper on vocals. I recently got their album Voice In The Light and was so blown away, I loved they brand of melodic progressive metal a la Shadow Gallery so much. I recomend this band to all of those who love Shadow Gallery and similars, in fact I felt like listening to a SG album but with the amazing addition of Cooper on vocals, and a lot of incredible intrumental passages and melodies along with a very interesting storyline. I just hope they continue working and releasing more material because they feature some of my favorite musicians (Without a SG release in so much time this surely does it for me!) Well what do you think about them, I think is one of the best if not the best progressive release of the year, although Paradise Lost is hard to surpass for me. ^^

Damn, this thread is old.

But I'm listening to their album ''Voice in the light'' right now, and it is very good. Nice ballads, great progressive rock/metal group.

They are still active.. but since 2007 there is nothing new from them.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/