Metal Storm logo
Deicide - Ralph Santolla Playing Guitar On Upcoming Album

Official Earache Records press release:

Veteran guitarist, Ralph Santolla has rejoined Deicide and is currently hard at work recording his guitar parts for Deicide's 2008 release, "Till Death Do Us Part" at Morrisound Studios in Florida.

Deicide had previously parted ways with Ralph Santolla back in May of this year. Over the course of the following months, he would spend the summer touring with Obituary and pushing his talent as far as it could go. When he was asked to rejoin Deicide in time for the recording of "Till Death Do Us Part", Santolla came back to the fold as a man possessed and he had come back, literally better than ever before.

While there will inevitably be naysayers who doubt the decision, Deicide drummer, Steve Asheim insists that Ralph Santolla's return will only strengthen the maniacal musical landscape that Deicide is known for. "Ralph is really reaching towards the very depths of his abilities to come up with something completely fresh and challenging."

Even those outside of the band have given nothing but positive feedback on Ralph Santolla's progress during the recording sessions. "Jim Morris came and told me that Ralph has been coming up with some of the greatest metal riffs and licks that he's ever heard;" says Asheim. "Ralph's really pushing his abilities to the limit, coming up with things that he's never been able to do before."

View some recent shots of Ralph Santolla recording his guitar parts at Morrisound Studios in Florida:

| Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 |

"Till Death Do Us Part" will be released in early 2008.

Source: earachenews.blogspot.com
Band profile: Deicide
Posted: 01.11.2007 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 17   Visited by: 3 users
01.11.2007 - 17:16
graywolf87
Account deleted
Shit one of the best Death Metal guitarist out there these days, I saw the guy face to face at a Obituary concert...sadly I don't consider myself a fan of Deicide. That also means Allen West might be out of jail soon and rejoin Obituary?
01.11.2007 - 17:35
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
These are good news, Ralph i s great for Deicide guitar parts IMO...
Looking forward to the new album!
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
01.11.2007 - 17:45
Sunioj

Nice pics. I like Ralphs shorts.
01.11.2007 - 18:06
Bararey
Winter is Coming
I saw him with Obituary as well last month, and I got a great picture of him playing the guitar
He looks very beachy with the shorts and sandals, is it still summerish in Florida?
----
"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."
Ser Jorah Mormont
01.11.2007 - 18:48
MrEddieG

It's always summer here.
365 days a year.
I hate it.
01.11.2007 - 19:43
Hamird
Lieutenant
Jack Owen and Ralph Santolla are the best guitarists in death metal today. and this is a big chance for Glenn benton to work with them instead of Haffman brothers. ...
01.11.2007 - 19:51
Metal Maiden
Megadead
Hmm...I sure hope he continues working with Obituary...
01.11.2007 - 22:30
Stigmatized
"...there will inevitably be naysayers who doubt the decision"

Why? Ralph was the best thing to happen to Deicide.
01.11.2007 - 23:00
ParabelluM
Account deleted
hello you metal companions! i've never seen deicide live on action, because i think they never came up to argentina, obituary came here in june and i couldn't go... i just think ralph is the best thing of deicide, his riffs and solos kick ass!! I hope he stays in deicide till the end of times!!! :O (?)
01.11.2007 - 23:36
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Nope, this is incorrect. He'll be contributing to the next album, but he hasn't rejoined.

source
02.11.2007 - 00:00
Metal Maiden
Megadead
Written by Dangerboner on 01.11.2007 at 23:36

Nope, this is incorrect. He'll be contributing to the next album, but he hasn't rejoined.

source

Well, that's a relief...i mean, i've always liked Obituary better, so i'm glad he's staying AND working with Deicide...Given that, Obiruary's profile here must be updated...
02.11.2007 - 15:15
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
"Till Death Do Us Part" will be released in early 2008.

Ah a great news!!
----
that which shines without names and forms...
02.11.2007 - 18:57
AnarChrist

Way to go,he made Deicide really shine!
----
oh my fucking god, fucking dinosaurs
03.11.2007 - 12:56
Thryce
Retired Staff
Written by Dangerboner on 01.11.2007 at 23:36

source

Corrected
----
Your favorite band sucks.
04.11.2007 - 13:57
Desertman
Account deleted
great ..now thats a pro attitude

do what you done with deicide again
05.11.2007 - 05:36
ASiema113

I don't have a problem with Ralph Santolla rejoining Deicide as much as I have a problem with the name of the new album. IMO for what it counts it just doesn't sound like a promising release, of course "Stench of Redemption" is a pretty good name but I guess they lacked in terms of their sound. I guess i'm not a big Deicide fan, gonna go listen to some Vital Remains.
----

Written by Guest on 18.01.2008 at 09:05

People are always at their very best when they're dead.
05.11.2007 - 06:03
Opium
Account deleted
I was fearing the end of this band, however, I can't see their next release being as good as "Stench..", since Deicide have never been amongst the most consistent bands ever.

At least Ralph is back

Hits total: 2617 | This month: 5