Metal Storm logo
Puscifer

02.11.2007 - 03:35
Dan066
Account deleted
Let's talk about the new side project of Maynard James Keenan. His debut "V is for Vagina" just came out (october 30th 2007) and I was very surprised (it was good, just not what i expected). Warning, it is not the same Maynard you know from Tool, or A Perfect Circle. Here you can talk about news, songs, and everything else.
You can visit Puscifers website, or their myspace "myspace.com/censorshipisacancer" for more information about them.
02.11.2007 - 03:40
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Cool! Maynard is in something else now! Nice album title IMO...I'll be sure to check it out...I love his voice and would love to hear it in other genres of music for sure...
02.11.2007 - 03:58
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
Staff
Huge disappointment IMO. I like the direction, since it is so much different than Tool or APC; however, they are simply not able to fulfill the potential of this sound. As it is, "V is for Vagina" sounds like a juvenile Alabama 3.
03.11.2007 - 18:30
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Ooooooohhhhhhhh gotta check 'em out ASAP! If Maynard's in it, it's good.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
18.11.2007 - 21:03
Dan066
Account deleted
Written by jupitreas on 02.11.2007 at 03:58

Huge disappointment IMO. I like the direction, since it is so much different than Tool or APC; however, they are simply not able to fulfill the potential of this sound. As it is, "V is for Vagina" sounds like a juvenile Alabama 3.

for the most part, i agree. I expected so much more, although i didnt think it was that bad. I think the biggest dissapointment was the short range in maynards vocals. Its true, you really cannot compare puscifer to Tool or A Perfect Circle.
22.11.2007 - 20:58
hanna of steel
Poison Girl
V For Vagina is currently my favourite album - I've had it on repeat for days.

It is different to Tool , but imo it is very good.

My favourite tracks are Momma Sed and Indigo Children.

I like Maynards voice - ok it might not have much range but it suits this music.
----
Hell is other people - Jean-Paul Sartre
28.01.2008 - 21:09
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
I really liked this album (Thanks Hanna for uploading it for me). It's completely different form Tool and APC, but as always MAynard does a great job.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!