Metal Storm logo
Into Eternity - Begin Work On Concept Album

Official Century Media press release:

Extreme progressive metal leaders Into Eternity have completed the touring cycle for their highly acclaimed album, "The Scattering of Ashes", and are currently hard at work on material for their much anticipated new recording, which guitarist/vocalist Tim Roth says will be the group's first conceptual album.

"The Scattering of Ashes" campaign saw the band embark on five North American tours with highlights including an appearance on Gigantour performing alongside Megadeth and Lamb Of God, but it was this past summer's tour alongside Dream Theater that really saw the band reach out to a new audience.

Roth states: "We are officially done touring for "The Scattering Of Ashes". We ended up doing 150 shows and being away for close to 200 days of the year! The whole band did a great job, as it's not always easy being away from home for so long, but I think it's important to do it the old-school way and tour as much as we can. No one can say we're a lazy band!

"Our last tour was with Edguy, Light This City and Echoes Of Eternity. It was a big success for us, so we want to thank those bands again. It was cool bonding with all the bands and 'bro-ing down' with them at 4:20. This touring cycle, we also got to tour with Megadeth, Lamb Of God, Opeth, Arch Enemy, Overkill, Sanctity, The Smash-Up, Destruction, Hirax, Municipal Waste, The Haunted, Dark Tranquillity, Scar Symmetry, Redemption and the mighty Dream Theater! We ended up doing five full U.S. tours on this cycle, and they all were special to us. Playing with Megadeth and Dream Theater each night was a real dream come true!

"Right now we are home in Canada awaiting the cold chill of winter. It is supposed to snow tomorrow, so I'll be in front of my warm computer composing new riffs for the next album. For the first time ever, we will be doing a concept album. Stu and I are working on the lyrics right now. It's always good to keep moving forward and to try new things, and this is something that we have always wanted to do. We have done two songs already, and it's turning out really cool. We'll keep you posted in the future as things start to progress further.

"Thanks to all our fans for supporting us, and we'll see you again in 2008!"

Source: centurymedia.com
Band profile: Into Eternity
Posted: 04.11.2007 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   Visited by: 4 users
04.11.2007 - 16:20
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
I really got to see theese guys live!
04.11.2007 - 16:34
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Cant wait for the album. Hope they improve.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
04.11.2007 - 16:59
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
This sounds very interesting, let's see what they'll make with the new album...
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
04.11.2007 - 17:00
Bararey
Winter is Coming
Before I read the entire Title I thought oh another tour of Into Eternity

Glad I was wrong, it is about time they started a new album,,, hope it turns out well
----
"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."
Ser Jorah Mormont
04.11.2007 - 20:00
-MeTaLlIc-OwL-
Account deleted
I saw them once... they totally kick ass.
05.11.2007 - 05:23
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Wonder if they'll get a new singer again...
05.11.2007 - 17:47
Thryce
Retired Staff
Written by Bararey on 04.11.2007 at 17:00

Before I read the entire Title I thought oh another tour of Into Eternity

Glad I was wrong, it is about time they started a new album,,, hope it turns out well

Lol! Today Symphony X confirmed a N. American tour for spring next year. Support acts are Epica and (surprise surprise) Into Eternity... Those tour sluts sure love to do it live
----
Your favorite band sucks.
05.11.2007 - 23:50
Bararey
Winter is Coming
Written by Thryce on 05.11.2007 at 17:47

Lol! Today Symphony X confirmed a N. American tour for spring next year. Support acts are Epica and (surprise surprise) Into Eternity... Those tour sluts sure love to do it live

haha,

OK at first I thought you must be joking, but then I went to Epica's website and it was confirmed.

A lot of touring can get stressful for a band, and the last time I saw Into Eternity Stu was so out of it it was not even funny, and I was looking forward to seeing them..
----
"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."
Ser Jorah Mormont

Hits total: 2037 | This month: 7