Metal Storm logo
Latvian Metalstormers

Original post

Posted by W-Lash, 05.11.2007 - 00:52
Ello there!
As you see, old "Latvian Metalstormers" thread has been closed because of reaching 500 posts.

This one should be the new thread.

Go on, keep spamming!
30.03.2012 - 22:38
W-Lash
Metal Master
Long time has gone since my last visit. What's new?
31.03.2012 - 01:10
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by W-Lash on 30.03.2012 at 22:38

wellcome beck, nothing new and everytrhing is new, depends what you know
where have you been?
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
31.03.2012 - 05:57
Kitty
So, what's going on over there in Latvia?
----
...And I meowmeowmeow!
31.03.2012 - 13:06
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Kitty on 31.03.2012 at 05:57

So, what's going on over there in Latvia?

Political lies
----

apos;'
[image]
01.04.2012 - 16:04
W-Lash
Metal Master
Written by Bad English on 31.03.2012 at 01:10

where have you been?

And what do you think? I was right here but forgot to take a look in this forum for some while. You know how that happens - one day you find out that visiting one or another place on internet is a bit boring...
01.04.2012 - 16:07
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by W-Lash on 01.04.2012 at 16:04

Written by Bad English on 31.03.2012 at 01:10

where have you been?

And what do you think? I was right here but forgot to take a look in this forum for some while. You know how that happens - one day you find out that visiting one or another place on internet is a bit boring...

I know I dont visit my self, studies and work search....when I get a job I might be a gooner
unfortunatly there nothing better to do so Im hanging here
----

apos;'
[image]
14.06.2012 - 10:04
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
New sludge/death/doom band from Latvia

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Diseim/3540344937
----

apos;'
[image]
01.04.2013 - 14:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Tagad mes seit varam runat latviaki,. loti laba iideja, hehehe nevajag tulkot
Man patik sis datums
----

apos;'
[image]
02.04.2013 - 04:11
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by Bad English on 01.04.2013 at 14:00

Tagad mes seit varam runat latviaki,. loti laba iideja, hehehe nevajag tulkot
Man patik sis datums

aww, I missed it.
23.10.2013 - 00:13
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
R.I.P Aivars Brize

Neptūns - Dzelzsbetons

Līvi - Zābaku dziesma

Leģions - Laiks ir laiks

http://www.apollo.lv/zinas/miris-muzikis-aivars-brize/617615
----

apos;'
[image]
29.10.2013 - 01:02
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Bad English on 23.10.2013 at 00:13

R.I.P Aivars Brize

Neptūns - Dzelzsbetons

Līvi - Zābaku dziesma

Leģions - Laiks ir laiks

http://www.apollo.lv/zinas/miris-muzikis-aivars-brize/617615

my God that is some terribly totally atrocious old school heavy metal. It must be among the worst I have ever heard.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

29.10.2013 - 01:05
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Whitch one you mean
----

apos;'
[image]
29.10.2013 - 01:11
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Bad English on 29.10.2013 at 01:05

Whitch one you mean

all three
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

29.10.2013 - 01:15
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 29.10.2013 at 01:11

Whitch one you mean

all three

lats is horible, but well Ian Gillan is same nowadays
secend I pick up maybe not best song , thdre are better, but 1th one is OK and awesome, since back at thaysz there wa sluck such bands can exist since officially rock music was ''evil from the west'' and not all bands can play so free, so its OK
I never ever have owned anything by Neputuns, only some songs what was at radio, I have seen Livi live maybe lats time in 1995-97 I dont remeber, but I onmly like 1th album by the band, (I must have some tape somewhere still) rest is weeker and weeker and lyrics are weird and sometimes cheasy
1th album was OK and most heavyer and ''agrtesive'' from Livi , more in old school HM style
----

apos;'
[image]
29.10.2013 - 01:15
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 29.10.2013 at 01:11

Whitch one you mean

all three

lats is horible, but well Ian Gillan is same nowadays
secend I pick up maybe not best song , thdre are better, but 1th one is OK and awesome, since back at thaysz there wa sluck such bands can exist since officially rock music was ''evil from the west'' and not all bands can play so free, so its OK
I never ever have owned anything by Neputuns, only some songs what was at radio, I have seen Livi live maybe lats time in 1995-97 I dont remeber, but I onmly like 1th album by the band, (I must have some tape somewhere still) rest is weeker and weeker and lyrics are weird and sometimes cheasy
1th album was OK and most heavyer and ''agrtesive'' from Livi , more in old school HM style
----

apos;'
[image]
04.11.2013 - 05:47
Ragana
Rawrcat
Līvi is a historic Latvian band, their songs and lyrics (because they're in Latvian and somehow correlated to what was happening in Latvia at the time) have inspired so many people, including my parents. In order to understand the value of this band, you would have to be a Latvian living under occupation in 20th century or be a child of someone who knew what it was like to live then. Maybe it's not the best rock band in the world, but it has a certain sentimental value to us, Latvians. Besides, there aren't many "true" Latvian bands that would sing in Latvian even now, so this is one of those bands people abroad listen to when they're homesick.
I wouldn't even try to compare this to any other band.

And K7 indeed did not post the best (in my opinion) songs.
04.11.2013 - 21:50
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ragana on 04.11.2013 at 05:47

Līvi is a historic Latvian band, their songs and lyrics (because they're in Latvian and somehow correlated to what was happening in Latvia at the time) have inspired so many people, including my parents. In order to understand the value of this band, you would have to be a Latvian living under occupation in 20th century or be a child of someone who knew what it was like to live then. Maybe it's not the best rock band in the world, but it has a certain sentimental value to us, Latvians. Besides, there aren't many "true" Latvian bands that would sing in Latvian even now, so this is one of those bands people abroad listen to when they're homesick.
I wouldn't even try to compare this to any other band.

And K7 indeed did not post the best (in my opinion) songs.

I agree and songs Neptuns whit Brize is so damn rare, I think its Igo who is singing there, since it was rare band
Legions, is old timers rock, for old ppl who likes some better jusic then Latvijas Radio 2 are playing
Livi I just pick 1th song, and good look at news about Brize, I post best live concert on LTV
----

apos;'
[image]
03.01.2014 - 20:39
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Any comments about Euro?
----

apos;'
[image]
05.01.2014 - 08:00
Ragana
Rawrcat
Nope.
05.01.2014 - 13:06
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ragana on 05.01.2014 at 08:00

Nope.

why not?
Does I am ony one what are happy because of it?
----

apos;'
[image]
06.01.2014 - 03:27
Ragana
Rawrcat
Why are you happy? You don't even live in Latvia...

I'm neutral. I mean, I just returned from a super-expensive country and everything in Latvia seems reasonably priced or the same as in Norway. I keep forgetting, though, that the average wages are nothing like in Norway. The only thing that is constantly bugging me... I keep mixing the coins of both currencies. I got used to the quite big Norwegian crowns and now I have to get rid of some Latvian money AND get some euros... so buying something sometimes takes a while. But I'll adapt.
06.01.2014 - 16:52
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Awesome lyric ... sex pistols style

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFupux9Qkj8
----

apos;'
[image]
07.01.2014 - 15:40
Ernis
狼獾
I am expecting to see your coins in circulation in Estonia... Your coins are beautiful. It's good that the national symbols were preserved for the euro coins unlike the Estonian design with a geographical outline and the state's name in block letters underneath, all surrounded by stars... It just looks tacky and soviet... like the emblem of Belarus but less elaborate...
07.01.2014 - 18:33
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ernis on 07.01.2014 at 15:40

I am expecting to see your coins in circulation in Estonia... Your coins are beautiful. It's good that the national symbols were preserved for the euro coins unlike the Estonian design with a geographical outline and the state's name in block letters underneath, all surrounded by stars... It just looks tacky and soviet... like the emblem of Belarus but less elaborate...

I havent seen out coins
----

apos;'
[image]
08.01.2014 - 01:00
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by Ernis on 07.01.2014 at 15:40

Thank you! People here are indeed rather proud of that and I've heard some saying those are the most beautiful coins in Europe, haha. But it is both wrong and sad that some Europeans now think it's a woman who milks cows, though... In reality, and I'm quoting, "the "head of a maiden" symbolizes Latvia and its core values - the love of Latvians for their native land, their quest for freedom and pride in their nation".
Anyway, I was quite surprised that I have so many Estonian coins at the moment (I just checked because I heard that on our 2 euro coins, on the sides, it's written "God bless Latvia", not the name of country like most (?) euro coins... but I couldn't find any 2 Latvian euros). Quite honestly, I was expecting that I would have more coins from Germany.

And, K7:

08.01.2014 - 01:46
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Wow awesome, just like lat (BTW anyone remebers ''Repsiks'' ala Latvian rubel LOL , I remeber curency change between soviet rubles, to latvain rubles and then to lats, as child, it was cool, pick up lomonade bottles, take those to store and get new santimes

BTW I heard somewhere in maxima one try bought something, gave german euros, they did not take them in store, he went to bank and change to latvian eiros ... some ppl in Lv are idiots LOL
----

apos;'
[image]
08.01.2014 - 01:55
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by Bad English on 08.01.2014 at 01:46

BTW I heard somewhere in maxima one try bought something, gave german euros, they did not take them in store, he went to bank and change to latvian eiros ... some ppl in Lv are idiots LOL

I haven't heard of this story, but I've read that there have been some problems with other countries' euros in some grocery stores. It's weird.
08.01.2014 - 02:19
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ragana on 08.01.2014 at 01:55

I haven't heard of this story, but I've read that there have been some problems with other countries' euros in some grocery stores. It's weird.

it was on nat radio, I heard online
its stupid, euro's is one ... idiotism
----

apos;'
[image]
10.01.2014 - 18:59
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Ragana on 08.01.2014 at 01:55

When euro became the currency here, there was a piece of news about a bus driver refusing to accept Spanish euro coins... other than that, I haven't heard of any similar instances...
However, there have been situations where coins of other currencies end up in local circulation due to their resemblance to euro coins... I once got a Bulgarian 2-cent coin from a vendor at the marketplace... it did look a lot like 2 euro cents but just with a different value...

There was another case reported in the media about an elderly lady who was selling knitwear at the Christmas market in the old town. She accepted a 100-euro bill from some Russian tourists and gave them back 60 euros worth change... it was probably dark and there were also other circumstances that prevented the lady from seeing that the bill was a fake... the watermarks peeled off later... in fact, one of them had been taken from a CD case...

Anyway... I just came back from vacation and brought some foreign currency for our circulation. I usually save all Estonian coins in a piggy bank and whenever I go abroad, I use them there... our coins look pretty bad (in fact, I could say they have the worst design within euro-zone) but I am sure there are people abroad who will be happy when they get to see new and exotic coins... in fact, a shop assistant in Galicia actually asked me where the coins were from...

My personal favourites are the Austrian coins (especially the small copper denominations with three different flowers) and the Portuguese (which have a certain mediaeval fantasy look)
I will certainly be proud to pay in Mildas in a Maxima or Rimi : )
By the way... you have Rimi in Norway as well, right?
12.01.2014 - 11:17
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by Ernis on 10.01.2014 at 18:59

Anyway... I just came back from vacation and brought some foreign currency for our circulation. I usually save all Estonian coins in a piggy bank and whenever I go abroad, I use them there... our coins look pretty bad (in fact, I could say they have the worst design within euro-zone) but I am sure there are people abroad who will be happy when they get to see new and exotic coins... in fact, a shop assistant in Galicia actually asked me where the coins were from...

My personal favourites are the Austrian coins (especially the small copper denominations with three different flowers) and the Portuguese (which have a certain mediaeval fantasy look)
I will certainly be proud to pay in Mildas in a Maxima or Rimi : )
By the way... you have Rimi in Norway as well, right?

Good idea to distribute them! I'm now checking my coins... yeah, all of them are brand new and shiny and therefore Latvian.
I haven't seen Austrian ones... actually, I've never paid much attention to euro coins before. It's just now that I realize it's kinda fun to exchange them, haha.

And yeah, there are some Rimi in Norway, but, as most grocery stores in Norge, they're small and the quality of products is just not the same as in the Baltics.