Metal Storm logo
Discuss the worst movie you have seen

Original post

Posted by Damnated, 04.06.2006 - 15:34
So, what is it? I just saw a horrible one last noght, I almost throw up, it was that bad. The actress in the lead role was ugly as hell, and the whole thing was like a big puddle of mud. BTW the title was Call Girl
24.06.2013 - 12:22
I don't even remember where I found it, but it was this B-movie serial killer story called "Garden of Flesh" or something. The killer, who was a writer who based his work on his killings, would dress up the corpses of the girls he killed and tether them to the bottom of a lake and then come by to tend his garden with scuba equipment. The box for the movie seemed to be suggesting it was horrible killer vs strong female protagonist. No, it wasn't. She escaped by luck and then didn't have to really face him down---they did some kind of sting operation by putting in a mannequin that looked like her into his dead chick garden that had a camera and that's how they identified them. The acting was terrible, the production values were crap and the main character was just so boringly passive. I like the idea of a writer doing horrible stuff to "research" a book, but this one did not work. And this coming from a person who loves crappy horror movies.
----
And I shall not be dark but beautiful and terrible as the Morning and the Night! Fair as the Sea and the Sun and the Snow upon the Mountain! Dreadful as the Storm and the Lightning! Stronger than the foundations of the earth. All shall love me and despair
24.06.2013 - 12:25
Written by Jtbmetal123 on 26.01.2013 at 07:37

Prometheus was horrible.

I tried SO hard to like it, but it totally let me down. There was some potential for it not to suck, that's the annoying part. I found the pregnancy and the c-section part pretty effective body horror, but the rest was just...not good. I hear they're making a sequel, too.
----
And I shall not be dark but beautiful and terrible as the Morning and the Night! Fair as the Sea and the Sun and the Snow upon the Mountain! Dreadful as the Storm and the Lightning! Stronger than the foundations of the earth. All shall love me and despair
22.09.2013 - 21:28
I'm still going with Bio-Dome. I usually don't spend much time watching movies I would never like in the first place, and even then I don't really spend much time bashing bad movies in general (or at least what I perceive to be bad movies). But damn, is that movie so annoying it becomes darn near physically painful to watch. Pauly Shore and Steven Baldwin's characters have to be the most annoying and loathsome characters I've ever encountered in anything. It's amazing how annoying and downright horrendous that movie is.
----
"You travel within the glory of my memories, insect. I can feel your fear as you tread the endless expanse of my mind. Make yourself comfortable... before long I will decorate my home with your carcass."
23.09.2013 - 13:35
ANGEL REAPER
five words : "The Adventures of Baron Munchausen " .that pile of crap was 2 hours long and although starred Uma Thurman and other great actors it was the worst excuse for big budget film ever!
And i am not going to provide a link to this horrible thing either.
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
23.09.2013 - 13:49
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Get Carter (2000) - the remake of the classic Michael Caine movie from 1971 (as if it needed a remake but I guess Hollywood van't help it); awful, plus Stallone as Carter was dreadful (bad choice as leading role, what were they thinking?!).

Another remake that irritated me was the one of the German movie Das Experiment (awesome movie BTW). The Hollywood version missed the whole point/substance of the original, not even famous actor like Brody and Whitaker could save the movie.
06.11.2013 - 15:36
mz
Not a huge movie fan and I barely watch movies but the most shitty movies I've ever seen are some of 007 and spiderman.
Oh, I was actually forgetting abut Hulk. The scene in which his short stretches out when he turn into crazy green thing is really stupid.
I guess the whole super hero thing is not made for me, excluding Batman only.
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
06.11.2013 - 15:48
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by mz on 06.11.2013 at 15:36

Not a huge movie fan and I barely watch movies but the most shitty movies I've ever seen are some of 007 and spiderman.
Oh, I was actually forgetting abut Hulk. The scene in which his short stretches out when he turn into crazy green thing is really stupid.
I guess the whole super hero thing is not made for me, excluding Batman only.

no they're not that bad if you watch Argo and Inception , Erik hates to hear this from me
----
The Fangirl.
06.11.2013 - 16:01
mz
Written by angel. on 06.11.2013 at 15:48

no they're not that bad if you watch Argo and Inception , Erik hates to hear this from me

never watched these two. Shall do and give my opinions ASAP, especially on inception.
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
06.11.2013 - 21:31
Yuros
Worst movies I've lately seen are Prometheus (ending was good, but everything else is just lame) and Red Riding Hood (I thought it would be something more than twilight - and I was wrong on many levels)
07.11.2013 - 09:57
no one
Account deleted
^ didn't think Prometheus was that bad, can think of a lot more shittier movies

Kath and Kimberalla
07.12.2013 - 20:34
Lady GaGa
Account deleted
Anything with Seth Rogen, Jona Hill, James Franco, Steve Carell, Michael Cera, Jack Black, Seth Green, etc...
09.12.2013 - 06:28
Mattybu
The worst movie I have EVER seen in my life is Death Proof. I guess if I had to count the grindhouse thing as a whole it wouldn't be the worst because Planet Terror was okay but man, Death Proof has absolutely no value no matter what way you look at it, what a waste of time.
09.12.2013 - 07:09
no one
Account deleted
Written by Mattybu on 09.12.2013 at 06:28

The worst movie I have EVER seen in my life is Death Proof. I guess if I had to count the grindhouse thing as a whole it wouldn't be the worst because Planet Terror was okay but man, Death Proof has absolutely no value no matter what way you look at it, what a waste of time.

totally agree, too bad a lot of people don't
09.12.2013 - 15:15
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Not the worst movie I've ever seen, but it's definitely shit.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
09.12.2013 - 19:42
Mattybu
It would be more bearable if it had that so-bad-it's-entertaining quality to it, present in lots of low budget sci-fi movies. Typically the worst of those are still at least partly fun to watch.
09.12.2013 - 21:05
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Agreed. Some of my favorite movies are B movies (check out this link if you like bad-good movies too) but the problem with Death Proof is that it's just bad. It just lacks all across the board. No character development, extremely simple storyline, an ending that had to of been re-written last-minute just to make a deadline or something, weak acting, minimal and repetitive action sequences...

It looks especially bad compared to Planet Terror.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
09.12.2013 - 21:26
Mattybu
Good summary of it there. See I don't really watch movies so much so I don't really put pieces like character development and such together on my own but you got it.

My brother is a HUGE movie guy, like he will literally know just about any movie you could possibly mention and he has if not hundreds, thousands of DVDs at home. I still remember when I was very young and he started his first rack consisting of some sci-fi movies like War of the Worlds, 20 Million Miles to Earth, Them, etc. He was always into the Ray Harryhausen stuff (not that all of that is necessarily cheesy) as well as Roger Corman so if I ever need some good old fashioned cheese there's lots around the house Also a lot of monster movies like Godzilla, Mothra, and my personal favourite being the Gamera series. I like how the role is kind of reversed and Gamera actually defends Earth from various rapscallion monsters. Also he is a giant turtle.

70's blaxploitation movies are cool too. interesting from a historical point of view and usually containing at least a baseline amount of ridiculous fun. A certain one from 1975 starring Fred Williamson comes to mind that I may not be allowed to mention on this site. It does contain probably the funkiest and most amazing theme song ever as well.
10.12.2013 - 06:59
no one
Account deleted
Yeah i used to be a b-movie/classic horror movie fanatic

Watched "the Croods" the other day. I don't usually like those kids animated movies, but if your in the right mood (stoned) they can be pretty good.
10.12.2013 - 16:08
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Guest on 10.12.2013 at 06:59
I don't usually like those kids animated movies, but if your in the right mood (stoned) they can be pretty good.

Kids movies are the best when high. The more surreal and zany the better.
----
14.12.2013 - 04:19
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish
BloodRayne. That movie exists somewhere outside the normal spectrum of good, bad and that wonderful 3rd category of "so bad it's good". It just flies right over the latter. Probably the only time I've ever felt like a movie was a complete waste of time.

Death Proof isn't that bad, though it's one of Tarantino's weakest (together with Django Unchained). Planet Terror is marginally better.
08.01.2014 - 17:36
In Bone Factory
The Traveler (2010); I feel guilty for watching such movie
Bride Wars (2009); Kate Hudson, Anne Hathaway at thier worst
Dark Shadows (2012)
Killer Elite (2011)
Scream 4 (2011)
Larry the Cable Guy: Health Inspector (2006); Pure Shitt
Dirty Love (2005)
The Eye (2008); Big waste of time and there is nothing to be compared with original version
Meet the Spartans (2008)
----
The End Is Nigh ...
08.01.2014 - 22:47
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by In Bone Factory on 08.01.2014 at 17:36

Either you're a masochist or you don't read reviews of movies before watching them.
----
09.01.2014 - 23:55
Mercyful_Kate
I'm not sure whether Miami Connection was the worst movie I've ever seen, or the best.
11.01.2014 - 10:15
Lady GaGa
Account deleted
The Tree of Life

Too long, boring, trying too hard to be poetic, lack of a storyline and loooong silent scene with no meaning just landscapes and black screen with some red light in the middle...

Seriously one of the worst movie I've ever seen, but it's a good way to fall asleep if you cannot sleep at night.
12.01.2014 - 05:49
Mercyful_Kate
Written by Guest on 11.01.2014 at 10:15

The Tree of Life

Too long, boring, trying too hard to be poetic, lack of a storyline and loooong silent scene with no meaning just landscapes and black screen with some red light in the middle...

Seriously one of the worst movie I've ever seen, but it's a good way to fall asleep if you cannot sleep at night.

That was truly one of the worst movies I've ever seen too. Like you said, it just tried too damn hard to be poignant and poetic. It was garbage.
18.01.2014 - 20:20
In Bone Factory
Oh God, "Killing Them Softly" is pure catastrophe.
----
The End Is Nigh ...
21.01.2014 - 17:19
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Guest on 11.01.2014 at 10:15

The Tree of Life

It did help me get some sleep before my night's watch started at work...

Either way... it was one of those classic "coming of age" flicks about some kid who grows up to be a sour old man who constantly dwells in memories about his deep childhood in an ordinary (and somewhat dysfunctional) family with some happy and some tragic moments, love-and-hate relationship with siblings and parents, about discovering himself and his sexuality and finding a place in the wide wide world... oh so many awkward scenes, so much disturbing imagery... some slo-mos of kids playing in the street and the anticipation of something tragic happening (one kid being run over), mom screaming "NOOO!"... father and mother fighting, standing in the shower and thinking "oh, I seem to have a dick... wonder what I should do with this", forbidden love affair with the girl next door and/or 40-year-old English teacher/another guy/Kate Winslet... all accompanied by some melancholic piano score and/or female operatic vocals...

Oh... and let's not forget the reviews, awards and all kinds of possible accolades... "THE BEST MOVIE OF THE YEAR!" "THE NEW STANLEY KUBRICK!" "A SPELLBINDING COMING OF AGE DRAMA!"

And then a good and interesting film that you like will be completely underrated because it's eclipsed by something like this...
04.03.2014 - 00:31
Gawain
Account deleted
THE LAST. AIRBENDER.... KILL. ME. NOW.

I watched the movie first, didn't like it at all. After a year I grabbed and watched the show, it was my first 'anime' - 'cartoon' I ever watched. Then I watched the movie with a friend out of curiosity because I had largely forgotten it. I contemplated shitting on the television and then killing myself with the dialogue in the movie. It's just so horrid.

Probably in the top 5 worst movies I've ever seen.
06.03.2014 - 07:44
MetalDoomMaster
The Blair Witch Project. I saw it when it came out when I was like 8, and it wasn't even scary then. It was just pure shit.
06.03.2014 - 15:01
Jtbmetal123
Jaws 3 was horrible.