Poll

Which Suffocation album do you prefer?

Pierced From Within
Effigy of the Forgotten

Total votes: 25
06.11.2007 - 19:09
Mad Laughter
Account deleted
Well, this is hard. Suffocation is a great band...Effigy is fuckin great, and absolutely classic. Pierced From Within is also amazing.....I would have to go with Pierced. I would like to see what you all prefer. I am really expecting lots of people to go with Pierced soley based on the production, since there are alot of inexperienced metalheads on this forum (no offense to anyone). That's just the way it goes....the main reason I am going with Pierced is "Brood of Hatred" which is one of my favorite death metal songs ever....and the whole album is just really great......however I boiled it down to my favorite song on each album and saw which one I liked better...thus, it was "Jesus Wept" vs "Brood of Hatred", and "Brood" took the cake.
06.11.2007 - 20:11
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Sorry I dunno if I had her any of them, maybe have but cant remeber
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
06.11.2007 - 23:31
Mad Laughter
Account deleted
You MUST HAVE THESE ALBUMS!!!! Suffocation RAPES dude.....unless you're not a death metal fan....
07.11.2007 - 00:09
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Sorry man Im not fan of ban I prefere diferent DM its not my type of band
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
07.11.2007 - 02:50
theflyingmachine

This is an excellent thread idea, although I am not going to vote. I always consider this band a two-headed beast, comprised of course of Effigy and Pierced. Although I consider Human Waste to be a close third favorite, these two albums are definite must haves for all death metal fans.
Anyways, I used to not appreciate the production on Effigy because it sounds almost muffled, but I now consider it to be just as good of production as Pierced (although Pierced sounds shitty on my car's new stereo for whatever reason). Pierced is absolute genius, and is extremely complex without being dissonant, and technical without losing brutality. I actually considered Pierced to be the best death metal album ever for awhile, although I've probably listened to it too much. On the other hand, Effigy is the exact prototype of what death metal should be. It has nine classics and zero filler.

Last month, I would have picked Pierced, but now, I would pick Effigy...that is why I am not voting.
07.11.2007 - 03:41
Mad Laughter
Account deleted
Written by theflyingmachine on 07.11.2007 at 02:50

This is an excellent thread idea, although I am not going to vote. I always consider this band a two-headed beast, comprised of course of Effigy and Pierced. Although I consider Human Waste to be a close third favorite, these two albums are definite must haves for all death metal fans.
Anyways, I used to not appreciate the production on Effigy because it sounds almost muffled, but I now consider it to be just as good of production as Pierced (although Pierced sounds shitty on my car's new stereo for whatever reason). Pierced is absolute genius, and is extremely complex without being dissonant, and technical without losing brutality. I actually considered Pierced to be the best death metal album ever for awhile, although I've probably listened to it too much. On the other hand, Effigy is the exact prototype of what death metal should be. It has nine classics and zero filler.

Last month, I would have picked Pierced, but now, I would pick Effigy...that is why I am not voting.

Same here tbh I change all the time....
18.02.2008 - 02:51
theflyingmachine

Just listened to both albums recently and definitely prefer Effigy now. So it looks like the poll is 1 to 1
18.02.2008 - 03:10
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I can't vote. Both albums are masterpieces, but are very different from each other. Effigy is more brutal, but Pierced has more of an identity for each song. Lately I've been preferring Effigy, but I used to like Pierced more, so I still can't decide.

Edit: I voted for Effigy only because I've played it more.
13.10.2008 - 14:17
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
effigy for sure, just so brutal all the way through, the drums on infecting the crypts are just spectactular... and absolutely brutal riffage pierced just doesnt quite get to me as much...
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
16.10.2008 - 00:08
Sunioj

Written by BurbotsRevenge on 13.10.2008 at 14:17

effigy for sure, just so brutal all the way through, the drums on infecting the crypts are just spectactular... and absolutely brutal riffage pierced just doesnt quite get to me as much...

Hmm.... I think you should also check out the self titled. You might like it more than Pierced, I found it to be a slight faster album: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Biulo9IZOAU

Hah, didn't notice that I didn't post before. I prefer Pierced though, I think that one clicked more because I heard it before Effigy however I've been listening to Effigy more recently.
25.03.2010 - 14:25
Don Martin
le fu-
I prefer Effigy, not only because it was my first Suffo album but the vocals are much cooler than on Pierced. Also, Reincremation is my fav Suffo song ^^
----
What a tackastrophe!
24.07.2010 - 19:53
JD
Account deleted
I voted for Effigy of the Forgotten becouse it's my first Suffocation album, but Pierced From Within also very good album and quality of the Pierced is better.
24.07.2010 - 22:41
vezzy
Stallmanite
Effigy. It's a brutal death staple.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
25.07.2010 - 21:50
ForeverDarkWoods

I much prefer Effigy to be honest. It manages to do some brutal death metal while still clingning tightly to the atmospheric formula that make the old school death metal so great. Most brutal death fails in this regard.
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America
16.06.2023 - 06:56
I voted for Pierced from Within.