Metal Storm logo
Metal Book Reviews?

Original post

Posted by Dane Train, 07.11.2007 - 00:27
One thing I have always loved about this site are the album reviews. In fact that is how I first discovered Metal Storm. I read the review on Dream Theater's Falling Into Infinity and thought it was the best review of the album I have ever read. Not they gave it a great score, but the way it was scored and the logical review and reasoning behind it.

But back on track.

We have great album reviews here. We have some great articles (everyone read mine!!! sorry...), as well as concert and festival reviews.

What about books? There are a lot of books about Metal out there, and occasionally some Metalhead might actually read one...assuming Metalheads read. There are some great books out there that look at the history of a band, like Hammer of the Gods or The Dirt, books that look at specific scenes/genres like Choosing Death or Lords of Chaos, and biographies/autobiographies of artists like Slash or Save Me From Myself. And then there are a whole slew of books about the history of Heavy Metal.

So what do you all think about this? I personally would love to write reviews for the dozens of Hard Rock/Metal books I have.
22.12.2008 - 18:28
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
elite
Written by Doc G. on 20.12.2008 at 12:59

I just finished my review on Lemmys autobiography, and then I noticed, there is only 2 book reviews up....both of them being mine, where the heck are you on this one dude? I'm all alone out there...

Oh man, I just have not had time. I am going to try and hammer one out soon. I am thinking I'll do Brian Welch's autobiography. I am currently working on a huge paper and Christian Metal, so that has been occupying my writing time.
----
(space for rent)
25.10.2009 - 23:15
Jan
I just uploaded my first book review (first review on anything really) a few days ago. Hopefully it will get accepted.

I have a couple of ideas for more book reviews, that I hope to find the time to write in the next months.
(But as I can see from this thread, one should be careful with the promises - reality has a way of interfering with even the best of intentions )

Personally I love books - not only about metal, and I think it would be great to see more book reviews here.
26.10.2009 - 00:58
DayFly
Written by Jan on 25.10.2009 at 23:15

Personally I love books - not only about metal, and I think it would be great to see more book reviews here.

I thought I'd voice my support up front. I love books, too and if you post reviews here, you'll have at least one regular reader
06.11.2009 - 07:55
Jan
Written by DayFly on 26.10.2009 at 00:58

Written by Jan on 25.10.2009 at 23:15

I thought I'd voice my support up front. I love books, too and if you post reviews here, you'll have at least one regular reader

Well, its there now.