Metal Storm logo
Testament - Prosthetic Records Will Reissue Two Albums

Prosthetic Records is proud to announce reissues from Bay Area metal legends Testament. Both to feature new liner notes, 1997's "Demonic" was remastered and 1999's "The Gathering" will include the previously only available in Japan, "Hammer Of The Gods." Both will see a worldwide release through the label on Jan. 8, 2008. Previously released through Spitfire Records and currently out of print, both records are a welcome addition to the Prosthetic Records catalog.

Currently gearing up for the release of a new studio record featuring all new music via Nuclear Blast, Testament's line-up for "Demonic" included Gene Hoglan (Death, Strapping Young Lad), while "The Gathering" featured metal legends James Murphy (Death, Obituary), Steve DiGiorgio (Death, Iced Earth, Sadus), and Dave Lombardo (Slayer).

Comments Lamb Of God drummer Chris Adler: "Testament is far and away one of the most influential bands in all of modern metal. While other veteran acts soak up much of the spotlight with sing a-longs, Testament maintains the unsurpassed musicianship, integrity and brutality that continues to create an untouchable legacy."

More praise for Testament: Joel Stroesl (Killswitch Engage): "Testament has been one of my favorite bands for many years...they have always helped define aggression and musicianship. They are one of the few bands that have kicked ass throughout their entire career. "Demonic" and "The Gathering" not only kept with the times in the metal world...but set new standards."

Silenoz (Dimmu Borgir): "The Gathering was a sledgehammer to the face when it came out and still is to this day! Sheer rawness and power combined with catchy, groovy patterns and monstrous thrash riffs proves Testament as one of the most influential metal bands ever to grace planet earth. I sum this album up in one word: authority!"

Dez Fafara (DevilDriver): "The Gathering is equal to "Back In Black" by AC/DC in its song writing and song sequence. For some, its either Metallica or Testament; for me it's Testament. "Demonic" is the deadliest, dirtiest, crushing record, where they truly found their heavier and darker side."

Source: blog.myspace.com
Band profile: Testament
Posted: 07.11.2007 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 16   Visited by: 6 users
07.11.2007 - 18:28
Thryce
Retired Staff
666th News Post

Can anyone explain to me why musicians of crappy bands who have absolutely nothing to see with Bay Area Thrash are commenting this re-issue news?
----
Your favorite band sucks.
07.11.2007 - 18:40
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Thryce on 07.11.2007 at 18:28

666th News Post

Can anyone explain to me why musicians of crappy bands who have absolutely nothing to see with Bay Area Thrash are commenting this re-issue news?

what you mean?
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
07.11.2007 - 19:06
Bararey
Winter is Coming
Because they were asked to

At first i thought they might all be under the same label, but that was not the case, I have no idea how they gathered those comments from these specific musicians.
----
"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."
Ser Jorah Mormont
07.11.2007 - 20:20
Samuel550
Account deleted
The only real deal metal musician there was Chris Addler, the rest I can care less about. Interesting news though.
07.11.2007 - 21:38
Ereinion'
Account deleted
nice i have to get thes 2 cds
07.11.2007 - 22:56
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Written by Thryce on 07.11.2007 at 18:28

666th News Post

Silenoz is the one and only Lord Satan!
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
07.11.2007 - 23:23
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
The only commenting musician I really respect is Chris Adler. The rest I could really care less about. Anyway, this is great news that two of their albums are being rereleased, but I already have "The Gathering" and I don't like "Demonic" enough to buy it.
07.11.2007 - 23:42
Thryce
Retired Staff
Don't you all dare to put words in my mouth I said crappy bands, not crappy musicians. It's not because I find those bands crappy that I don't respect the musicians.
----
Your favorite band sucks.
08.11.2007 - 04:37
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Dez Fafara has no place commenting on anything relating to Testament.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
08.11.2007 - 04:43
Opium
Account deleted
I was truly expecting a couple of their earlier albums to be remastered, ah well.
08.11.2007 - 05:03
Samuel550
Account deleted
Do we really need a re-issue of The Legacy and The New Order with revamped sound and everything? Hell no, I like them the way they are.
08.11.2007 - 05:29
Opium
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 08.11.2007 at 05:03

Do we really need a re-issue of The Legacy and The New Order with revamped sound and everything? Hell no, I like them the way they are.

To each their own

Still, a clearer sound couldn't go astray here, IMO.
08.11.2007 - 06:26
Syk
myspace/bonerama
I first thought this news said Pathetic Records

Lol amen Thryce, congrats on the 666

Insin, you mean couldn't care less. "Could care less" means you currently care more than zero care points

I'm glad it's not a reissue of Order since I already bought that, but it probably would have made that album a whole lot better if they stuck some other song on the end.
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
08.11.2007 - 12:16
Samuel550
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 08.11.2007 at 05:29

Written by Guest on 08.11.2007 at 05:03

To each their own

Still, a clearer sound couldn't go astray here, IMO.

Remastering the sound to such raw thrash albums IMO would ruin the novelty of their releases back in 87-88. I have a high value towards old-school metal production.
08.11.2007 - 14:42
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
same with Opium.........don't like the later albums anyway.
09.11.2007 - 15:06
Pichelson

They better should make a re-release of the album Souls Of Black from 1990.:-[

Hits total: 3322 | This month: 7