Metal Storm logo
Bolt Thrower - Vote BT On Wacken Open Air 2008

UK Death Metal steamrollers Bolt Thrower have posted the following message:

"As most of you probably know, Bolt Thrower don't like to play festivals, but as a lot of you want to see us playing festivals, we try and play at least one festival a year. After receiving numerous offers, we now have to choose which festival to play next Summer, and would like you to help us decide.

As BT are not financially driven, the fee is pretty irrelevant, as is whether we play to 1000 people or 100,000. Our main requirement would be to have our usual merchandise / meet and greet booth, with no price restrictions.

Wacken Open Air festival have asked us again to play next Summer, and the date would fit in with the gap in our planned recording and mixing schedule for next year. A lot of you have asked us to play Wacken over the years, and a lot of you have advised us not to play it, for various reasons.

So now, we would like you to help us decide by taking part in the following poll.

Poll: Would you like to see Bolt Thrower play the Wacken Open Air festival?

We'd really like to hear your opinions, so please vote... "

Source: boltthrower.com
Band profile: Bolt Thrower
Event: Wacken Open Air 2008
Posted: 07.11.2007 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 11   Visited by: 6 users
07.11.2007 - 18:39
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Me to I dont like fests because 2/3 bands always mix line up, but no i mean i like thos elike duth doom fest where are perfect line up, but WAO are to huge and EXPENCIVE!!! Summer Breze are better
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
07.11.2007 - 18:59
Bararey
Winter is Coming
I think the poll should have listed the options the bands were looking at and see which festival gathers the most votes, rather having to play in Wacken or not poll
----
"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."
Ser Jorah Mormont
08.11.2007 - 00:03
buki of steel
Crystal Ann
Written by Bad English on 07.11.2007 at 18:39

Me to I dont like fests because 2/3 bands always mix line up, but no i mean i like thos elike duth doom fest where are perfect line up, but WAO are to huge and EXPENCIVE!!! Summer Breze are better

dude,why do you think that simmer breeze is better?? they are both in germany and both equal expensive
08.11.2007 - 00:06
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by buki of steel on 08.11.2007 at 00:03

Written by Bad English on 07.11.2007 at 18:39

dude,why do you think that simmer breeze is better?? they are both in germany and both equal expensive

because nobody dont talk about it and there be % better line up
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
08.11.2007 - 02:05
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
i have to agree with K7, WOA is HELLUV expensive, especially for people that dont live in germany or near the festival site. i dont know about Summer Breeze, but WOA is probably one of the most expensive festivals in existence.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
08.11.2007 - 08:25
Marshmellow

but WOA is also the best
09.11.2007 - 09:56
DrunkenFuck
Thrasher!
Written by Marshmellow on 08.11.2007 at 08:25

but WOA is also the best

Amen
----
THRASH!!!
10.11.2007 - 06:00
Existenzangst
Account deleted
Written by DrunkenFuck on 09.11.2007 at 09:56

Written by Marshmellow on 08.11.2007 at 08:25

but WOA is also the best

Amen

lol, not really. i mean seriously, if you look at the 80 to 100 bands that play live, max. 5-10 are worth the money. i will ONLY be there because of carcass and at the gates, though, if they should play somwhere that is nearer for me, i won't even bother to go to wacken. and how can you say that wacken is the best, how many festivals did you visit? we have a little festival hear in switzerland every summer called mountains of death. like, 20 bands, 16 worth the cash, 20 euro or something, that's what i call a good festival. wacken is just very overrated because all the big bands play there.
10.11.2007 - 13:42
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
the only problem that i have with wacken is that bullet for my valentine was scheduled to perform at some point. then their singer destroyed his voice. bands like that shouldnt be performing at festivals showcasing the bands that make, you know, music.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
10.11.2007 - 14:40
Baz Anderson

well it is easy, very easy for people to complain about Wacken if they have never actually been there - because believe me, there is more to Wacken than just the bands

as for Bolt Thrower - there would be a lot more bands I would prefer, I am still waiting for a band to get me really excited about Wacken next year, but I am sure it will come
13.11.2007 - 10:35
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
Holy shit !!!!!!!!!

Hits total: 3594 | This month: 6