Poll

wich King Diamond Project You Prefer

Mercyful Fate
King Diamond

Total votes: 119
08.11.2007 - 21:32
Dreamwar_86
To Arms!
King Diamond is a legend and their 2 bands are awesome but what do you think is best

King Diamond for me i just love every single album specially fatal portrait,abigail,conspiracy
and house of god

i think its much more melodic and the guitar solos are better and the voice following the riffs its awesome

King Diamond Rules!!!
----
Stay Metal !!!
08.11.2007 - 21:44
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
WHERE are option bouth? I cant choose because bouth are good and simmilar and old school, but from lyrical wiew I choose KD, its isnt so satanistic, so I choose them
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
09.11.2007 - 00:51
Eternal Flames

Mercyful Fate for me. Nothing still beats their old classics like "Melissa" and "Don't Break The Oath". Even after those releases, they still continued releasing good, solid albums. Well, King Diamond also has had great releases one after the other, never releasing anything really bad, however I still prefer Mercyful Fate simply because of those first two releases. Absolute masterpieces.
09.11.2007 - 02:39
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I'm also voting for Mercyful Fate. Both bands are great (haha that rhymes), but Mercyful Fate's first two albums beats anything by King Diamond.
09.11.2007 - 07:07
Opium
Account deleted
My vote goes to King Diamond. Mercyful Fate just doesn't strke me as being as interesting as KD. I do like both, however, just prefer one over the other

Also, a greater volume of quality albums have been released by KD, as opposed to MF, not that quantity of songs should matter, just the sound
09.11.2007 - 17:43
Abattoir

I vote for King Diamond. Well, the vocal is great, the albums Abigal, The Eye, Voodoo, House Of God..are also very good albums and for me better, than the music from Mercyful fate...eventhough it is quite similar between these two bands, but anyway I prefer KD...
09.11.2007 - 21:51
bucky01403
Account deleted
Although I adorn both bands, I've always prefered King Diamond. King Diamond had a better streak of great albums than Fate did. Although Melissa and Don't Break the Oath are the epitome of heavy metal in my eyes, while King Diamond transcends the boundaries of metal.
13.11.2007 - 04:48
Ellie
Account deleted
I think it's much too difficult for me to choose!
06.12.2007 - 22:06
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Ok I like both bands, and of course, they are similar, buth band share the same strong point, King's ubelievable voice, but again, I think I prefer King Diamonds work as King Diamond... Cant tell exactly why... but Ive listened it more, and its a band that produced some albums that are real classics today.
----
07.12.2007 - 04:59
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
That's a tough one...old Mercyful Fate doesn't hold a candle to any of King Diamond's material but there are a lot of new Mercyful Fate albums that you could easily compare with some of King Diamond's albums...my vote would go for King Diamond (except for an album like The Graveyard)...
07.12.2007 - 19:48
Hellish Star

I voted Mercyful Fate because of "Melissa" and "Don't break the oath"...
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
08.12.2007 - 21:43
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Mercyful Fate of course, for the same reason as Hellish Star, those two albums are si much better and innovative than anything ever released under the King Diamond monicker. Not a single one of the band King Diamond's releases is even allowed to tie the shoelaces of the first two Mercyful Fate albums or the Mercyful Fate s/t mini album.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

08.12.2007 - 23:30
Southern Wind
Account deleted
I don't see any reason to vote for King Diamond
10.12.2007 - 01:58
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
@Southern Wind: Why...?
10.12.2007 - 03:35
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Because the first works of Mercyful Fate just beat the shit out of anything that this man created later... Someone could argue that the King Diamond conceptual stories are great, ant that could be a reason to prefer it over Mercyful Fate, but that's obviously not my case.
13.01.2008 - 21:43
Son of Odin

I like Mercyful fate but King rules!
----
METAL UNITES US ALL!
22.02.2008 - 23:30
Robstar

King Diamond I must say...
----
Nothing is unreacheable
23.02.2008 - 09:21
m3t4lh34d

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 08.12.2007 at 21:43

Mercyful Fate of course, for the same reason as Hellish Star, those two albums are si much better and innovative than anything ever released under the King Diamond monicker. Not a single one of the band King Diamond's releases is even allowed to tie the shoelaces of the first two Mercyful Fate albums or the Mercyful Fate s/t mini album.

Could not have said it better myself.

Melissa

Don't Break The Oath

23.02.2008 - 09:24
Tombspawn
Account deleted
Mercyful Fate. KD's released practically no bad albums, but Melissa manages to be better.
23.05.2008 - 10:44
Trinstar

Chalk one for Mercyful Fate.

There's just nothing King Diamond has done that compares to Melissa and Don't Break The Oath. And their later albums such as In The Shadows still rock. King's albums are great too, but not quite as good. And they play cheap guitars! Ever heard of a Vantage?
----
Every one of us has heard the call
Brothers of True Metal, proud and standing tall
We know the power within us has brought us to this hall
There's magic in the metal; there's magic is us all
23.05.2008 - 22:51
Metal_Militia

//Mercyful Fate! I think the band was just plain better than the ones king diamond mustered up when he left. I think Mercyful Fates's first two alums definitely stand out as a couple of the few albums that kind of set the tone for black metal//
----
"When night falls
she cloaks the world
in impenetrable darkness.
A chill rises
from the soil
and contaminates the air
suddenly...
life has new meaning"

29.10.2008 - 14:41
Yossarian

Hi. My vote goes for the King, mainly due to the fact that his career is more prolific in solo albums than with the aside project. So my vote is based on quantity almost only.

Besides, the ghostly atmosphere as solo is more clear and gives King the special touch different from other metal bands, while Mercyful Fate is "only" a great Heavy Metal band. The influence of the "terror" delivered by King "family" is more evident in other bands such as Ancient and some other ones, above all, black.

Finally, Melissa and Time from Mercyful are astonishing, amazing while I am not so keen on the other albums.

Bye
29.10.2008 - 16:19
Stigmatized
Mercyful Fate for me, for the same reason that everyone else has said. It's all about "Don't Break the Oath" mostly though. Melissa is a great album too, but "Don't Break the Oath" is too good. King Diamond has released some good albums, but as most have said, the albums by his solo band just aren't as good IMO.
29.10.2008 - 18:08
MathC
Account deleted
Mercyful Fate is more of a classic but I prefer King's solo albums.
29.06.2011 - 16:50
Aristarchos

I think King Diamond is too theaterical for me.
29.06.2011 - 23:38
Damshak

King Diamond, but Mercyful Fate is a good band
30.06.2011 - 20:06
Iron Nostarion
Maiden Whore
Mercyful Fate is more classic. And Hank Shermann's guitar. <3
----
To their tombs the people are immured,
There is their gold, treasure and wealth,
The only condition is to ignore them,
Those who feed on corruption and weave death
30.10.2011 - 05:49
king_matt

Definitely Kind Diamond. Better all around, and I love King's concepts.
----
http://www.last.fm/user/King_Matt
30.10.2011 - 15:25
ToMegaTherion

Choosing between these two projects is very difficult. King's vocal in both are great, so its really a comparison between Hank Shermann and Andy le Roque (excuse my bad spelling of both names if they are incorrect: which i sure they are). I like both equally for different reasons, so I will abstain from voting for now.
30.10.2011 - 21:49
Misfit74

Mercyful Fate. Melissa and Don't Break The Oath are all-time classics. I really only got into King Diamond's first album or two, but they don't have the staying-power or overall strength across entire albums that Mercyful Fate's offerings do. There are just so many good songs, such as the title track Melissa - which is simply epic. Into The Coven and many more to name. Truly atmospherically evil sounding and ahead of their time in a sense, Mercyful Fate stands above King Diamon's solo work. Mercyful Fate sounds like true "Hell". King Diamond sounds like "Halloween".