Metal Storm logo
Carcariass

05.06.2006 - 10:53
mvikred

Carcariass is an amazing technical death metal band from France. Theyve got 3 studio albums till date, each one of them being a masterpiece.

Hell On Earth
Sideral Torment
Killing Process

All the songs are marked by melodic solos and some tight drumming, with groovy bass lines. A must for a technical Death Metal fan.

They have their first two albums on their website .. They can be downloaded for free .

mvikred
----
I'm addicted to Technical Death Metal ... Somebody save me
05.06.2006 - 11:16
CrypticMyth
Metal Scientist
Amazing band. I think Ylside showed them to me on the old forum. (Thanks )
I haven't heard Killing Process yet. If anyone has, tell me if it stands upto the first two.
----
"You're all the same, the lot of you, with your long hair and faggot clothes. Drugs, sex, every sort of filth. And you hate the police, don't you? You make it easy."
05.06.2006 - 15:02
Narterath

I really love this band, I always listen to them every morning, when I wake up early. I mean, they can appeal to anyone, not only Death Metal fans, because they're aren't the noisy kind of Death Metal.
A great band, I hope to get some originals by them in the future, I don't want to have the mp3s only
06.06.2006 - 00:34
Trifixion
Account deleted
Definetly a very cool band, I downloaded Hell On Earth yesterday. They have an awesome sound to them that almost reminds me of Individual Thought Patters by Death. I'll be downloaded as much as I can soon enough I highly suggest downloading some everyone!!
06.06.2006 - 02:04
ylside

Very very melodic riffs associated with some great guitar licks, Carcariass, yummy. Perhaps my favorite french band, just for Hell On Earth, absolutly great masterpiece it is.
07.06.2006 - 22:52
mvikred

^^^abso'fukin'lutely mate

@crypticmyth ... u shud listen to killing process man ... it lives up to carcariass' rep
----
07.06.2006 - 23:24
ylside

I listened to 3 Killing Process songs available on their website, I wans't that surprised... but maybe it needs a Full Listening to be appreciated.
09.06.2006 - 06:19
mvikred

^^ yeah man , takes time to get into them ... the song watery grave has such an awesome bass line ... it totally puts me in a mood to headbang ..... i agree, that killing process, is not as catchy as others, but if one gives it more no. of tries then i'm sure they will fall in love with the album
----
13.07.2006 - 23:30
DLMokoma
Account deleted
I have just listened these songs, man this is great. I'm not a big fan of technical music, but I enjoy listening this.
14.07.2006 - 00:52
Herzebeth

Uhhh I used to hear this guys a really long time ago...I even added them to this site and all... good times really. Good band and all but they stopped releasing albums and I hate the waiting that's all.
----
16.07.2006 - 13:43
Fetid Fetus
Account deleted
Carcariass has been among my top favourite bands only since last year.
They possess the amazing ability to perfectly combine technicality and melody.
Their instrumental 'Hopeless' is my second favourite instrumental of all time (only second to 'Voice of The Soul' by Death).
All in all; great band.
29.09.2006 - 03:36
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 13.07.2006 at 23:30

I have just listened these songs, man this is great. I'm not a big fan of technical music, but I enjoy listening this.

I know only Roman Hagemony song and I real like its o techinical music and melodies, i like that kind of muisc

@Ylisde no way best french band are Distrress
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
29.09.2006 - 03:53
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I felt kinda guilty downloading their albums from their site, but I couldn't find their albums to buy on any site I trusted, so I had to download them. Great stuff.
16.03.2007 - 17:33
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
havent heard these guys shud check em out thanks
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here
18.03.2007 - 03:01
spirit_inblack
harshhead
Carcariass are awesome. A lot better than the standard tech death band. I love the guitarists styles and the drums fills are cool too. If you're a tech death junkie definitely check them out. They may well be my favorite band from France, but not my favorite French band.
20.03.2007 - 21:43
ylside

Written by spirit_inblack on 18.03.2007 at 03:01

They may well be my favorite band from France, but not my favorite French band.

I'm sorry but, what ?
20.03.2007 - 22:27
yosterdude

Great band I really enjoy their Sideral Torment album, good stuff.
Too bad they haven't been releasing anything at all, are they even active anymore?
----
Stay Br00tal!
20.03.2007 - 23:48
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Written by yosterdude on 20.03.2007 at 22:27

Great band I really enjoy their Sideral Torment album, good stuff.
Too bad they haven't been releasing anything at all, are they even active anymore?

You can find more information here :
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=124098991

It's the official Carcariass Myspace's page.

At the end of the speach about the band you can read "In January 2004, Jérome Lachenal joined the band as a second guitarist. The result is very amazing for the gigs. Now the two first CDs are freely available on this site, so if you still do not have them, download them :-)
Currently the band is composing new materials for the next CD (8 songs are almost ready)."

They are apparently still active with new materials
21.03.2007 - 00:49
spirit_inblack
harshhead
Written by ylside on 20.03.2007 at 21:43

Written by spirit_inblack on 18.03.2007 at 03:01

They may well be my favorite band from France, but not my favorite French band.

I'm sorry but, what ?

Yeah, it must sound confusing.

Well, there are a lot of French bands here in Canada. French is even one of our official languages. My favorite French band is either Cryptopsy or Quo Vadis.
21.03.2007 - 01:11
ylside

Oh French as in "Francophone", sorry, my bad. Great bands those two I agree.
Glad to see yosterdude back !!!

Thx for their myspace, I really forget about myspaces.
01.09.2008 - 17:16
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Even if there was no post here for more than one year, some news will interest some of you...

According to their official website and MySpace, french metallers Carcariass have just finished the recording of their fourth CD. The mixing is scheduled for October-November. I'm really curious to listen to their new stuff
02.09.2008 - 04:47
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
haha cool, hopefully it'll be free to download on their website again
05.04.2009 - 10:26
carcariass
Account deleted
Two previews of the next CD are available on their website http://www.myspace.com/officialcarcariass