Metal Storm logo
Amon Amarth - To Tour USA Without Decapitated

Amon Amarth have posted the following message regarding their "Wrath Of The Norseman North American Tour 2007" with Himsa and Sonic Syndicate:

"There will be a series of meet and greets on our North American tour. The meet and greet will be half an hour long beginning from when doors open. We are looking forward to meeting our fans in person and we'll try to make them happen at every show. Unfortunately due to time restraints, we will be unable to have a meet and greet on the dates where there will be in store signing sessions.

Because of the recent tragic events, Decapitated will not be able to be part of the North American tour. We are deeply sadden by the events and are disappointed that our metal brethren will not be able to share the stage with us.

We've tried to find a replacement for Decapitated but it has been impossible. We've deicided to play a longer set and throw in some songs that we either never played live before or haven't played live in a very long time. And we think we have a set list that will please both old and new fans!

We are really looking forward to hitting the roads in North America and finally do a full 90 min set. We hope that as many of you as possible will be able to catch the show!"

Scheduled in-store signing so far:
12/14 @ Scrape Records, Vancouver, BC 5 PM to 6 PM

Source: amonamarth.com
Band profile: Amon Amarth
Event: Amon Amarth
Posted: 13.11.2007 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   Visited by: 8 users
13.11.2007 - 21:39
Bararey
Winter is Coming
A longer set for Amon Amarth is better than finding a replacement, I mean they are headlining and they deserve longer than 30 minutes (ie, Sounds of the Underground), and plus even if they found a replacement some fans might not like the band and a series of complaints and whines will just flow.
----
"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."
Ser Jorah Mormont
13.11.2007 - 22:29
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
We all understand RIB
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
14.11.2007 - 00:08
Empty Spaces
Unburied At Dusk
I guess I might go still... not sure...
14.11.2007 - 00:58
WarriorOfMetal

the openers that are playing with them in MA suck, and that may keep me from spending $20+ for tickets and then another $15 for parking. not sure if i'm gonna go or not. if Decapitated were still playing, or if they found another decent opener, i'd consider it more seriously, though.
14.11.2007 - 03:06
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Written by WarriorOfMetal on 14.11.2007 at 00:58

the openers that are playing with them in MA suck, and that may keep me from spending $20+ for tickets and then another $15 for parking. not sure if i'm gonna go or not. if Decapitated were still playing, or if they found another decent opener, i'd consider it more seriously, though.

Well I certainly agree with you, I won't be going for the openers. But Amon Amarth is enough to get me to go irregardless of the unfortunate events... getting to see them play longer will almost make up for my lack of interest in the current opening schedule. In fact, the show I rank the best I've ever seen had Amon Amarth playing years ago on their Crusher tour - as the only signed band due to Marduk being cut from the bill due to passport issues! Hopefully AA will make up for the rip-off parking charges @the Palladium
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
14.11.2007 - 05:28
parallax

Written by Jason W. on 14.11.2007 at 03:06

Written by WarriorOfMetal on 14.11.2007 at 00:58

Well I certainly agree with you, I won't be going for the openers. But Amon Amarth is enough to get me to go irregardless of the unfortunate events... getting to see them play longer will almost make up for my lack of interest in the current opening schedule. In fact, the show I rank the best I've ever seen had Amon Amarth playing years ago on their Crusher tour - as the only signed band due to Marduk being cut from the bill due to passport issues! Hopefully AA will make up for the rip-off parking charges @the Palladium

amen to that man, can't stand the parking at the palladium. one time i parked behind the palladium and some skanks from CT that were clubbing blocked me into my space after a GWAR show. once they saw me covered in red and purple they moved pretty quickly though!
15.11.2007 - 08:03
WarriorOfMetal

Yeah, i'd like to see them live, but i'm not familiar enough with their material to consider it worth the money and effort at this point.
15.11.2007 - 14:01
Warman
Erotic Stains
Good for the AA fans.
----

Hits total: 2571 | This month: 6