Metal Storm logo
Eluveitie - Sign With Nuclear Blast; Announce Three(!) New Releases

The Swiss folk metal innovators Eluveitie have posted the following on the official website:

"Great news we have for you these days! While being busy finishing up the production of "Slania" and working on our "Evocation" concept we still found the time to travel to Donzdorf in Germany for a few beers & a talk with the people of Nuclear Blast Records (www.nuclearblast.de / www.nuclearblastusa.com)...
Not only did they make us drunk as hell, but they also impressed us with a great artist roster, 20 years of incredible work (happy birthday Nuclear Blast!) and their professional but still very "metal" staff. So we did what had to be done - we came, we saw and we signed. We are looking forward to many years of great work together with one of the world's biggest record companies in metal and are glad to announce that our new full-length record "Slania" will join the legions of legendary albums released by Nuclear Blast at February 15th, 2008!"

The band elaborates on the mentioned "Evocation" concept:
"As we notified good two months ago, we were also working on purely acoustic folk material. This project - originally intended as an MCD only - has grown into something much larger during the writing process, so we are happy and proud to announce that [we] will release one complete full-length album brimmed with mystical Celtic folk music as well as an additional [CD] with some new waves of folk metal!
Both releases - belonging together conceptually - deal with ancient Gaulish mythology. Lyrically the songs dip from the source: diverse ancient Gaulish texts that have been discovered as stone carvings, metal engravings, etc. These two conceptual releases are an in-depth voyage through the Celtic soul [?] and include performances of several renowned guest musicians!"

The acoustic album "Evocation I - The Arcane Dominion" is slated for a release through Nuclear Blast in Winter 2008. The release date of the folk metal album "Evocation II - Visions" is yet to be announced. Some artwork made for the "Evocation" series by the artist Manuel Vargas Lepiz, who has already worked with Mortiis, Fanoe and others, can be viewed here.

Source: eluveitie.ch
Band profile: Eluveitie
Posted: 14.11.2007 by Promonex

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 11   Visited by: 22 users
14.11.2007 - 15:04
Unconsecrated
Perpetual Ascent
Wow, these guys are evolving very fast! Keep up the good work!
14.11.2007 - 15:49
Bararey
Winter is Coming
Good for them, they seem to be quite busy
----
"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."
Ser Jorah Mormont
14.11.2007 - 16:41
Thryce
Retired Staff
Best news in a long time!!!
----
Your favorite band sucks.
14.11.2007 - 17:00
Talvi

Great! I love their debut, so I'm looking forward for those releases
----
My account on other musical pages:
http://www.last.fm/user/Pozito/
http://rateyourmusic.com/~Talvi
14.11.2007 - 17:10
Veneror
Account deleted
Awesome news! Makes me giddy, heh
14.11.2007 - 18:56
VPeter

wow good news for them:)
14.11.2007 - 19:59
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Good news I wanna hear soem accustic/celtic folk music heheh
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
14.11.2007 - 20:19
Bas
Retired Staff
their debut was definitely a great work of folk metal, i'm looking forwards to hearing this stuff
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
14.11.2007 - 22:19
Murder

this band is awesome... Keep working hard!!!!
15.11.2007 - 00:26
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Good news for them, and of course for us, with their new works.
15.11.2007 - 19:00
Veeken
Account deleted
they are an awesome band. they deserve much success.

Hits total: 4834 | This month: 12