‹‹ Back to the Extreme metal forum Pages: 1 2 [3]
Users visited: 115  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by BurbotsRevenge on 15.11.2007 at 08:42
so basically im currently in this phase of melodeath, and in particular, lesser known bands. some of the bands im currently listening to include; Callenish Circle, Blood Stain Child, Gates of Ishtar, Arsis, The Absence, Nightrage etc...

so if anyone knows of any lesser known, and good (key word: good) melodeath, would they please post them, giving a description why they like them, whats different about them etc...

post away

Page 3 of 3

White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat

26.03.2008 at 11:21
- You can try Tracedawn (Finland). Their first album, self_titled "Tracedawn" was released on 19 March 2008 (Album recorded by Nino Laurenne, mixed by Mikko Karmila and mastered by Mika Jussila).
Official website: here.
Official MySpace: here.

- Also you can check out Eventide (from Sweden), with their last demo, entitled "Planet Plague" available for free.

Eventide - Planet Plague (Demo):
01. Planet Plague (MP3)
02. The Spectacle (MP3)
03. The World Is Dead (MP3)
04. Involution (MP3)
Official MySpace: here.

- And Divinity (from Canada), just signed on Nuclear Blast. Their first album (Melodic Thrash/Death), entitled "Allegory" will be release on 28 March 2008.
Official MySpace: here. (Two tracks are available for donwnload on their MySpace).
ylside

26.03.2008 at 21:12
Written by BurbotsRevenge on 26.03.2008 at 09:09

Written by ylside on 17.11.2007 at 11:35

On another note.. as you're interested in rather "new" stuff, I REALLY would like to get feedback about Garden of Shadows. Just go download it as i don't think there are copy left for sale. A really unique atmospheric and melodic DM band.

well you seemed to be the one the recommend me garden of shadows, and now they are one of my fav bands - oracle moon one of my fav albums - so i was wondering if you knew any bands somewhat similar to garden of shadows?

I think I already answered a similar question somewhere else but can't remember, try the band Gates of Ishtar and Dawn of Dreams.
Unconsecrated
Perpetual Ascent

12.04.2008 at 01:14
I discovered this band very recently but it took me one listen to "With Vilest Worms To Dwell" to realize that it was one of the best melodeath albums i've ever heard. Hollenthon is the band's name and they play some kind of Symphonic Melodeath, very original and interesting indeed. I think that you'll like them.

Check:

http://www.myspace.com/hollenthonofficial
tomahawk
Account deleted
  13.04.2008 at 22:07
I think you probably did already, but you should listen to old school melodeath, like At the gates, Dark Tranquillity, In Flames, Soilwork. Do that and heroicness will be instantaneous.
Leading The Rats
Account deleted
  14.04.2008 at 00:41
Written by Guest on 13.04.2008 at 22:07

you should listen to old school melodeath, like ... Soilwork.

you've gotta be shittin' me.

anyway, i think it's quite pointless to recommend at the gates, in flames and dark tranquility, i'm very sure he heard of these bands.

but, 3 bands i'd like to recommend are unanimated, eucharist and (newly discovered) gates of ishtar.
ylside

14.04.2008 at 00:50
@Burbotsrevenge : Also Mythological Coldtowers, very very epic Melodic DM a la Garden of Shadows.
Bad English
nobody

14.04.2008 at 21:54
Written by Guest on 14.04.2008 at 00:41

anyway, i think it's quite pointless to recommend at the gates, in flames and dark tranquility, i'm very sure he heard of these bands.

but, 3 bands i'd like to recommend are unanimated, eucharist and (newly discovered) gates of ishtar.

Man I agree whit you in this post In Flqmes old school...than I wont make any grammer mistaces anynmore if In Floames be old school
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
tomahawk
Account deleted
  15.04.2008 at 20:57

So what's wrong about Soilwork? The newer albums are quite 'different', but the older albums are definately worth listening.

And by the way, I just thought I couldn't talk about old school melodeath without mentioning those names.
tomahawk
Account deleted
  15.04.2008 at 20:58
Written by Bad English on 14.04.2008 at 21:54

Man I agree whit you in this post In Flqmes old school...than I wont make any grammer mistaces anynmore if In Floames be old school

If you think In Flames is not old school, my mother is a woman.
Leading The Rats
Account deleted
  15.04.2008 at 21:53
Written by Guest on 15.04.2008 at 20:57

So what's wrong about Soilwork? The newer albums are quite 'different', but the older albums are definately worth listening.

And by the way, I just thought I couldn't talk about old school melodeath without mentioning those names.

not only does soilswork suck, which is not the point, soilwork is not old school in a any fucking way. you just don't know enough about old melodic death like unanimated and gates of ishtar to talk about it, that's all.
Ether
Count Grymmbläkh

16.04.2008 at 15:51
hmm, they call themselves melodic death...I'm not convinced if thats completely accurate or not but they're close, and heavy nonetheless - of course they're heavy, they're Swedish - but you can always try out Blinded Colony.

----
][{ ]|/ ][_ "][" -- ][3) ][_ /=|[ [( ][{ -- ][][][ |E[ "][" ]|= ][_

"Thoughts fall in season with the right stand, rake the land
This Autumn's early leafshed a recompense for Summer's wane."
~ Ether
Leading The Rats
Account deleted
  16.04.2008 at 15:59
this forum is hopeless.
Lucas
Mr. Noise

16.04.2008 at 16:01
Written by Guest on 16.04.2008 at 15:59

this forum is hopeless.

Then why do you keep coming back?
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
Leading The Rats
Account deleted
  16.04.2008 at 16:09
news, recommendations, some people. it's not the forum itself which is hopeless, but it's people who recommend some metalcore crap in a melodic death metal thread
blackart
Account deleted
  20.04.2008 at 23:52
myspace.com/requiemlaus <-- direct links to previous releases for free download

the new album is out on the 30th of April through 666 Production, 15 digipak ( post included worldwide ).

hope u like it bro.
selken
Irreligious

20.04.2008 at 23:58
Unanimated, Unanimated!!!!!
try them out, you'll like it
also try Hypocrisy
----
halleluaj
Account deleted
  11.05.2008 at 20:19
i can suggest some bands that i consider amazing in melodic death black metal :
Hollenthon,
Eternal deformity,
Omnium Gatherum,
Transcending Bizarre?,
Mirrorthrone

that's if you also like some symphonic elements and some avantgarde lyrics
Saint Sloth

21.09.2014 at 00:00
I'm going to throw out a few bands, some well known, some barely known, but each great.

Dark Tranquillity
Kalmah
Be'lakor
Disarmonia Mundi
The Black Dahlia Murder (includes Ryan Knight of Arsis)
Valyria (link to their bandcamp in my sig below)
Darkest Hour (don't listen to any album Kris Norris isn't on. You will regret it)
At The Throne of Judgement
In Flames (The Jester's Race is bad ass, but I PERSONALLY don't like their other albums)
Scar Symmetry
All That Remains (first 3 albums only. Everything after The Fall of Ideals is too mainstream, but The Fall of Ideals was awesome!)
----
Antidote Promotions Roster:

Valyria: http://valyriansteelcanada.bandcamp.com/
Plaguebringer: http://plaguebringercanada.bandcamp.com/
Creature of Exile: http://www.reverbnation.com/creatureofexile

Message me for information on free promotion
Samedi

21.09.2014 at 13:38
https://www.facebook.com/franticamber
Anguish Sublime

26.09.2014 at 17:58
Check out the new Anguish Sublime's EP titled "Unveiling the Origin" - http://anguishsublime.bandcamp.com - all songs are free for download and distribution - simply enter 0 to the "name your price" field

Anguish Sublime also recently released another single track - a tribute to the metal legend Quorthon - a cover of Bathory's "Under the Runes" - do check it out on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdkrakiVWmI

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Login or register to post here.