Metal Storm logo
Kivimetsän Druidi

17.11.2007 - 14:24
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
finish folk metal band combining female clean vocal with male rough voice which resulting into very nice result...they have both english and finnish lyrics...i have encountered them as they were support of Korpiklaani on tour in CZ (i wasnt there personally but a friend told me about them)...and i really like their stuff - it is something like the best of Visions of Atlantis (or some other NW like band) meets the best of Moonsorrow (or other finnish folk metal)

free mp3 songs (7) can be downloaded HERE (i enjoyed the most "Pedon Loitsu" and "Viimeinen Peikkokuningas" )

ROCK'N'TROLL
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

24.11.2007 - 03:30
Ellie
Account deleted
Hmm well they sound pretty kickass!
24.11.2007 - 11:57
Remus
So i downloaded a couple of songs and it sounds really good.

I like the riffing on the "Tyrant". The drumming is really good also. The screaming-guy is really good. The girl, well, it sounds to me like sometimes she sings a bit false. I see on the old album("Pedon Loitsu" mp3) she didn't sing so high and it sounded good.

The keys are really good, especially when the dude uses the piano sound instead of the regular synth.

But I feel like they are missing something, maybe if they added an extra instrument, like a flute, it would sound even more "fantasy"-like.

But overall i'd say they are really good, i'll download the trest of their songs 'cause they're definately worth it!
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
25.11.2007 - 01:02
albatros
I saw them play live in Oberhausen. They were the last band and played very late. However they really tried to make something out of it. I also thought I heard some Moonsorrow in their music. They have talent. I guess their songwriting will decide how far they will get.
25.11.2007 - 03:29
VPeter
I have heard some songs of them, sounds pretty good for a starter band I hope they will envolve into a great folk metal band
09.12.2007 - 18:34
Remus
Ok, after two weeks of listening to them i must say that they are nothing less than brilliant. Man, the songs just grow on you everytime you give them a listen.

Also, previously i said that the girl-singer was not very good but now her voice and style has grown on me as well. This is excellent. Props to Chris Amber for helping me discover a super-awesome band!
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
09.12.2007 - 22:18
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
i will tell to those people from CZ NW fans forum who experienced them live as the support of Korpiklaani on their tour in Pilsen who told me about them first
----

10.12.2007 - 00:24
wrathchild
staff
I got to see them with Korpiklaani and I enjoyed their music a lot more than Korpi's (which is fun but a bit more repetitive and therefore, boring). They were announced just a few days before the show (that didn't bother me since I didn't know the first announced band either).
Although I haven't checked their material after the show, I can clearly remember I loved it when they were on stage. They take Finnish folk metal to a level that is a lot more interesting to me.
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
10.12.2007 - 00:27
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
elite
I have mixed emotions with this band, but ive heard mainly demo stuff, so i prob need to hear something more official.
10.08.2008 - 20:17
Janne
Hugin
Do you know who is the new vocalist?
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
11.08.2008 - 13:26
Judas
The Amputator
Weren't they on one of the MS compilations a few years ago? I seem to recall rather liking them at the time, but somehow they didn't keep my interest or I'd know what they're doing now.
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
16.08.2008 - 19:32
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
i have found "Pedon Loitsu" is sounding very similar to Turisas´ "Rex Regi Rebelis"...
----

16.08.2008 - 19:36
Janne
Hugin
Written by Ellrohir on 16.08.2008 at 19:32

i have found "Pedon Loitsu" is sounding very similar to Turisas´ "Rex Regi Rebelis"...

It's maybe because the similar synths, but Turisas is much better!!
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
17.08.2008 - 12:05
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
i only wonder who copied from whom...or was it just a coincidence?
----

18.10.2008 - 21:14
Janne
Hugin
I got their new album! What do you think about it?
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
19.10.2008 - 01:15
VPeter
I have listened to it on their myspace, it was okay but it was a bit of a mess and it didn't really come out that well.
08.12.2008 - 09:03
Jason W.
Razorbliss
staff
Oh, I'm glad I found out about this band finally... and thankfully during their debut release and not a few years later! I happened to check out their video track for Jaassa Varttunut, and have been hooked ever since. Folk metal injected with a good dose of symphonic metal - which is probably why I like it so much, as symphonic metal is typically one of my favorite genres. The band doesn't delve into the humor that some folk bands do, but seems to be more intense in their direction; well, as intense as a folk metal band really is

Some great synth melodies, and both vocalists show some nice technique, though it's a bit chaotic at times. (not a complaint, it's a debut...). Not a bad track from what I've heard so far, and the band seems to have found a good niche of folk metal that hasn't been explored too much
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
14.12.2008 - 15:23
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
On gig together with Falchion, Battlelore and Korpiklaani, they was second the best (after Korpiklaani of course )
----

20.12.2008 - 18:09
Janne
Hugin
Written by Ellrohir on 14.12.2008 at 15:23

On gig together with Falchion, Battlelore and Korpiklaani, they was second the best (after Korpiklaani of course )

What was their new vocalist like?
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
20.12.2008 - 20:24
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Well i had to say, i sometimes had feeling, she is "dancing" like some drunken bear (really sorry to her ), but she sang quite nice
----

20.12.2008 - 23:47
Janne
Hugin
Written by Ellrohir on 20.12.2008 at 20:24

Well i had to say, i sometimes had feeling, she is "dancing" like some drunken bear (really sorry to her ), but she sang quite nice

That's still better than the former singer was. She didn't dance (ok, once she grabbed her skirt and made few steps) nor sing nice sorry to her but I don't like her.
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
23.12.2008 - 07:57
Jason W.
Razorbliss
staff
Written by Ellrohir on 20.12.2008 at 20:24

It seems I'm really missing out on something by not being able to see the band live here in the US! A drunken bear?! I checked for a few youtube live videos, and she seems to do whatever random idea comes to her mind with her arms. Sometimes good, sometimes just silly You are right though, she sounds great live
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
29.08.2009 - 22:19
IllOmenNation
Excellent, been hearing about this band lately from a buddy of mine. Sounds good!
----
Ill Omen Nation - Great Finnish/Scandinavian Metal! http://www.myspace.com/illomennation
16.09.2009 - 00:07
Janne
Hugin
Are there any news of this band?
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
16.09.2009 - 12:03
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Check their official sites for some
----

16.10.2009 - 11:15
Kimiwind
Speed Metal God
I love those finnish guys !! so great folk pagan metal ..unique and melodic !!! i cant find now flaws most in there songs ..they are so influnced by Moonsorrow !! though less extreme but still i can find the influnce !!
----
Wintermoon Calls you, Follow It And You Will Be Proud Forever.
20.10.2009 - 11:44
Jason W.
Razorbliss
staff
Ah, they were great at Metal Female Voices! They also played a new song from the upcoming album, which sounded excellent on first listen. We'll see how the new album turns out next year...

I wonder if they will play it again when I see them in a few weeks when I get back to the US ?
----
18.08.2010 - 04:11
Susan
Smeghead
elite
After a long delay, I finally listened to this band. Quite good! I got the Shadowheart album. Their mix of harsher and smoother metal is nice. For some reason I had thought they played more black metal inspired folk throughout their songs, but this was a great blend.

After enjoying the whole album came the bonus track of their cover of The Gathering's "Leaves." It was... a bit strange? I need to listen a few more times before I decide if I like this cover or not. It was good that they really made it their own song but yet tough to reconcile parts of the song being so unrecognizable with parts that sounded so familiar. The jury is still out on that track...

How is the new album?
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
24.08.2010 - 07:19
warrior_of_ice
They were great at the Opera House in Toronto
23.09.2010 - 21:37
Jötun
I saw them in Ft Worth & they were awesome.