Metal Storm logo
Danish Metal Awards - And The Winners Are...

The Danish Metal Awards 2007 were held yesterday night (Saturday, November 17) at Amager Bio in Copenhagen, Denmark. The winners in each category are:

• Metal Album Of The Year: Volbeat - Rock The Rebel / Metal The Devil
  • Metal Debut Album Of The Year: Pitchblack - Redesigned To Dislike
  • Metal Production Of The Year: Mnemic - Passenger
  • Metal Cover Of The Year: Anubis Gate - Andromeda Unchained
  • Metal Video Of The Year: The Psyke Project - "I Get Paralyzed"
  • International Metal Album Of The Year: Machine Head - The Blackening
  • Metal Live Band Of The Year: Dawn Of Demise
  • Metal Talent Of The Year: Invisius - Edge of Hostility

At the award show Soilwork, Hatesphere, Volbeat, Mnemic and Evil Masquerade played abbreviated sets. Horned Almighty and Pilgrimz played at the DMeA after-party.

Source: antenna.nu
Posted: 18.11.2007 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 21   Visited by: 29 users
18.11.2007 - 12:33
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
... well those danish bands what i like are in unerground, like Artilery, Pritty Maids, Saturnus and so on and yes I think lars Ulrih belongs to Danmark how USA
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
18.11.2007 - 12:34
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
machine head winning an award for best international metal album? wow.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
18.11.2007 - 12:36
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
The Blackening is such an awesome album, it deserves that award
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
18.11.2007 - 13:20
Tod_Engel

Saw Volbeats video The Garden's Tale. They're quite interesting. Just recommend to listen.
18.11.2007 - 14:27
GT
Coffee!!
Volbeat won...why am I not surprised? Well they're pretty good but I don't think they're the best...
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
18.11.2007 - 14:59
Aghahowa

good news for Robb Flynn and MH. The blackening is a great album for this year.
18.11.2007 - 15:01
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
who the hell? i looked at the winners and never heard ov any ov them.
18.11.2007 - 15:07
GT
Coffee!!
Written by Guest on 18.11.2007 at 15:01

who the hell? i looked at the winners and never heard ov any ov them.

Well that's you fault isn't it I recommend both Mnemic, Volbeat and The Psyke Project
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
18.11.2007 - 15:38
Charcharoth

yeah its the same here i dont know any of the winners. Danmark dont have very many well-known metal bands
18.11.2007 - 15:40
Monkey666

The Blackening best album ? WHAT ?!?!?!
18.11.2007 - 18:20
Baz Anderson

well the "International Metal Album" just goes to show, like always, it is the most popular albums that win, not the best ones
18.11.2007 - 18:25
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Baz Anderson on 18.11.2007 at 18:20

well the "International Metal Album" just goes to show, like always, it is the most popular albums that win, not the best ones

Not really or else Helloween or something along those power metal lines would have won.

Btw The Blackening is okayish but not great, but better this album than f.e. Sopnic Syndicate (who are currently way more popular than Machine Head btw)
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

18.11.2007 - 18:37
Bararey
Winter is Coming
Apparently Volbeat is very popular in Europe, when the band's name was announced in ProgPower for next year lineup, I did not hear cheers nor claps, the person who is visibly excited about it was the organizer.

I heard one of their songs on my space and it was like a country song that electric guitars was added to it, weird
----
"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."
Ser Jorah Mormont
18.11.2007 - 18:48
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Bararey on 18.11.2007 at 18:37

Apparently Volbeat is very popular in Europe, when the band's name was announced in ProgPower for next year lineup, I did not hear cheers nor claps, the person who is visibly excited about it was the organizer.

I heard one of their songs on my space and it was like a country song that electric guitars was added to it, weird

Volbeat is very popular on mainland Europe, that is true, but I find it weird that they got added to Porpower UK since they have not even the slightest hint of Prog in them. Adding them would be like adding Danzig or something like that.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

18.11.2007 - 19:15
Baz Anderson

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 18.11.2007 at 18:25

Written by Baz Anderson on 18.11.2007 at 18:20

Not really or else Helloween or something along those power metal lines would have won.

Btw The Blackening is okayish but not great, but better this album than f.e. Sopnic Syndicate (who are currently way more popular than Machine Head btw)

noo, power metal is not popular at all when compared to the metal that is pushed into the mainstream - such bands like Machine Head, Trivium, Bullet For My Valentine - these kinds of bands that have legions of Kerrang!-reading followers (or whatever the popular "alternative" magazine is in Denmark)
18.11.2007 - 19:28
Bararey
Winter is Coming
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 18.11.2007 at 18:48

Volbeat is very popular on mainland Europe, that is true, but I find it weird that they got added to Porpower UK since they have not even the slightest hint of Prog in them. Adding them would be like adding Danzig or something like that.

ProgPower USA, not UK,, they do bring some bands that are neither Power nor Progressive, like Epica a few years ago,

So why is Volbeat famous? I have to admit that the first I heard of the band was, again, when they were announced for ProgPower USA
----
"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."
Ser Jorah Mormont
18.11.2007 - 19:39
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Bararey on 18.11.2007 at 19:28

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 18.11.2007 at 18:48

ProgPower USA, not UK,, they do bring some bands that are neither Power nor Progressive, like Epica a few years ago,

So why is Volbeat famous? I have to admit that the first I heard of the band was, again, when they were announced for ProgPower USA

Sorry, somehow I thought you lived in the UK, don't ask me why though. Volbeat is quite well-known here but the exact reason for that I don't know. But when listening to their music it is easy to see why though. Plus their latest album was voted album of the month here in Holland by the wrold longest running Metal Magazine Aardschok.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

18.11.2007 - 22:43
DrunkenFuck
Thrasher!
I'm danish and I have followed the development of Volbeat for the past couple of years. They are hugely succesful by our standards. They released their debut album in 2005 and already they are headlining festivals and doing completly sold out shows, not to mention warming up for Metallica and playing at this years Wacken. Without a doubt the most popular metal band in Denmark right now.
----
THRASH!!!
18.11.2007 - 23:02
Varegan
Hamranakara
I hope one day I see Ilnath in that list.
----
Written by muthafucka on 08.07.2010 at 06:46

"METAL STORM" (LIGHTING STRIKES)
18.11.2007 - 23:37
Syk
myspace/bonerama
LOL these comments are exactly the same as last year, see Similar topics below. K7 & Lowelas are spamming! And good call Baz
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
19.11.2007 - 22:01
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Good one for Mnemic.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!

Hits total: 4861 | This month: 11