Metal Storm logo
Dark Tranquillity - UK Tour Announced

Given the great response at the recent UK shows, the band decided to book a headline club tour in order to be able to play real full length sets to the ever growing legions of British fans.

These are the currently confirmed dates. More shows will most likely be added, and support acts will be announced in the near future.

Great British Fiction Tour 2008:

Feb. 2: Cardiff - Barfly
Feb. 3: Liverpool - Barfly
Feb. 4: Birmingham - Barfly
Feb. 5: Aberdeen - Barfly
Feb. 6: Glasgow - Barfly
Feb. 7: York - Fibbers
Feb. 9: London - Barfly

The band adds:
"These are small, intimate clubs, and the shows are projected to sell out, so make sure to play it safe by booking your tickets as quickly as possible at http://www.barflyclub.com."

Source: darktranquillity.com
Band profile: Dark Tranquillity
Event: Dark Tranquillity: UK Tour
Posted: 24.11.2007 by White Winter Sun

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 15   Visited by: 0 users
24.11.2007 - 02:03
Baz Anderson

"response at the recent UK/Scotland shows"
I wish the people that wrote on their site wouldn't make annoying mistakes like that, it's something that really gets on my nerves. Scotland is part of the U.K. - it is written although it isn't

saw Dark Tranquillity twice this year, didn't impress, will almost certainly give this a miss
24.11.2007 - 09:50
Aghahowa

"saw Dark Tranquillity twice this year, didn't impress"

Me too ! You saw them at Hellfest ?
Before Atheist and Kreator... Dark Tranquillity didn't amaze me...
24.11.2007 - 12:08
Darkside Momo
Retired
And WHEN will they do the same in France...
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
24.11.2007 - 13:37
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Written by Baz Anderson on 24.11.2007 at 02:03

"response at the recent UK/Scotland shows"
I wish the people that wrote on their site wouldn't make annoying mistakes like that, it's something that really gets on my nerves. Scotland is part of the U.K. - it is written although it isn't

saw Dark Tranquillity twice this year, didn't impress, will almost certainly give this a miss

Partially my fault, since I accepted this news. Anyway, you could have edited it yourself.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
24.11.2007 - 14:04
Deadsoulman

Written by Darkside Momo on 24.11.2007 at 12:08

And WHEN will they do the same in France...

Yeah, I just dream to see them headlining a French tour for once. I've seen them three times already, twice in festivals and once supporting Kreator, but I want to see a proper show, not just 40 minutes.

@ Baz: of course, we won't come back on the fact that you were amazed at Heavenly but found DT boring at Hellfest, will we?
24.11.2007 - 14:33
Baz Anderson

Written by Deadsoulman on 24.11.2007 at 14:04

@ Baz: of course, we won't come back on the fact that you were amazed at Heavenly but found DT boring at Hellfest, will we?

hahaha, Heavenly were amazing! they really were! they are one of my best finds of the year, if not the best.
I prefered the short Manigance set to Dark Tranquillity's. haha
24.11.2007 - 15:55
Aphelion74
Account deleted

1. I saw Dark Tranquillity three times since July, twice in Spain, once in UK/England at BOA
2. They DID impress me, the music, the singer and MOST OF ALL, those amazing deep lyrics I m so fond of.
3. Can't miss London's show, thanks Ryanair

See you there folks
24.11.2007 - 18:17
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Baz Anderson on 24.11.2007 at 14:33

hahaha, Heavenly were amazing! they really were! they are one of my best finds of the year, if not the best.

You keep on amazing me with finding generic power metal like Heavenly amazing whereas finding DT dull
But DT at Hellfest weren't too good I agree, but they do come across great in a club.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

24.11.2007 - 18:39
Bararey
Winter is Coming
I enjoyed DT live, it was a lot of fun, and wow the fist 6 dates are back to back, that should be very exhausting!

When DT stopped in SF they said something in the line of "yeah it has been too long since we have been here in SF, but don't worry about it, we'll be back here gain by the end of the year" it is 6 weeks till the end of the year, and no announcements have been made

I guess there has been some change in plans...
----
"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."
Ser Jorah Mormont
24.11.2007 - 23:46
Darkside Momo
Retired
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 24.11.2007 at 18:17

Written by Baz Anderson on 24.11.2007 at 14:33

You keep on amazing me with finding generic power metal like Heavenly amazing whereas finding DT dull
But DT at Hellfest weren't too good I agree, but they do come across great in a club.

Heavenly's not that bad... but DT are just WAY above.
I agree that DT are better in clubs, but their Hellfest show was good imo (even if I would have preffered a different setlist)
@ Collin : the last time they were headlining in France was in 2002, for Damage Done.. Five years ago... The show was awesome (if you haven't seen it already check out the Live Damage DVD bonuses)
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
25.11.2007 - 02:01
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Of course, everywere BUT America...:cry:
----
Coldgrits
25.11.2007 - 16:44
necrovamp

Written by Guest on 24.11.2007 at 15:55

1. I saw Dark Tranquillity three times since July, twice in Spain, once in UK/England at BOA
2. They DID impress me, the music, the singer and MOST OF ALL, those amazing deep lyrics I m so fond of.
3. Can't miss London's show, thanks Ryanair

See you there folks

dude i agree i saw them at B-O-A this year and thought they deliverd one of the best sets that weekend, its a shame i cant make it to any of their shows though, id love to see them headline a tour. And so intimet! bugger....
----
'I'd rather die than go to heaven' - Murderface
25.11.2007 - 18:12
Warman
Erotic Stains
I've never seen them live *embarrased*
----
26.11.2007 - 22:05
/ELVET (O)
Account deleted
According to Barfly website a band called Kingsize are playing on the 9th :/
27.11.2007 - 09:03
Aphelion74
Account deleted
Written by necrovamp on 25.11.2007 at 16:44

dude i agree i saw them at B-O-A this year and thought they deliverd one of the best sets that weekend, its a shame i cant make it to any of their shows though, id love to see them headline a tour. And so intimet! bugger....

By the way,

i m from Italy, land of poor organization, and I ve to say BOA is a terrible event. If you manage to reach the venue (really lost in middle-earthian nothing), you can enter for free cause there re no controls, the official transportations is by CAB, and it's not free nor cheap and well...it didnt suck because the bands played well, but I m never ever gonna go there again. I loved Graspop 07, I guess my first Wacken is next (woth a certain band from England...)

Cheers

Hits total: 3777 | This month: 5