Metal Storm logo
Firewind - Update From Band

The following message was posted on Firewind's website by guitarists Gus G.:

"Looking back on 2007 now I can say that I'm very happy with what we've accomplished with Firewind. We toured heavily for the "Allegiance" album and our world tour passed thru 22 countries and we did about 100 shows to promote it. We had great times touring with some of metal's premier bands such as DragonForce, All That Remains, Angra, Kamelot, Sonata Arctica, etc. through Europe, UK, North America and Japan. We even got to play in Tunisia for the first time!

After a successful Japan tour this October we're finally wrapping up our World Allegiance tour with two final festivals in Europe - one in Spain (Senderos Del Rock) and one in Denmark (Prog Power Scandinavia).

But you know, they say: no rest for the wicked! We're going back in the studio at the end of this year to record our brand new album and I can't tell you how excited we are. It really feels like it's time to record and play some new music! We wrote a bunch of material already and we're soon entering Sweden's Studio Fredman to record our fifth album. No album title yet, but here are some of the new song titles: Remembered, Life Foreclosed, The Silent Code, Mercenary Man, My Loneliness, Head Up High.

More info to come soon! Cheers, Gus."

The new album is expected to surface via Century Media Records in Spring 2008 and Firewind have just announced their first European tour to promote the new material for April/May 2008 when they will hit stages with Kamelot and support act Visions Of Atlantis.

Source: firewind.gr
Band profile: Firewind
Posted: 24.11.2007 by Bararey

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   Visited by: 3 users
24.11.2007 - 08:48
GT
Coffee!!
Yay a new album already...and a tour with Kamelot!...hope they stop by Denmark
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
24.11.2007 - 16:38
=maD.Doc:.
Melodeath Master
This is fucking great news. A tour together with Kamelot and Visions of Atlantis as support. It's just fucking awsome. And new material as well! Fuck yeah! Like those song titles as well Seems promising. Gotta love Gus G. and C:O
26.11.2007 - 21:43
Arcaliz
Account deleted
Great News !!!

Hits total: 2706 | This month: 2