Metal Storm logo
Is the site faster for you now?

Original post

Posted by Ivan, 24.11.2007 - 12:38
Now that the move to the new server is complete, is there any improvement?

Poll

How's the site working now?

A little faster
Whoa, much faster!
About the same as it was
Slower

Total votes: 69
27.11.2007 - 19:38
Stigmatized
There has been a definite improvement, though I wasn't really having speed problems before.
27.11.2007 - 23:18
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
yeah it's a little faster, but internet down here's been fvcking up lately sooo yeahh.
30.11.2007 - 05:43
Jason W.
Razorbliss
It's faster for me, though the difference depends on what page I'm loading - the main page is about the same, but the pages with more things to download (or use of the database I guess) are much quicker. The site seems more reliable and consistent than before, and it's more in line with major websites for me, like amazon.com or something like that. No negatives that I have found
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
30.11.2007 - 14:05
Bash'
:)
Also, when editing profiles, I used to be able like to edit it once, if twice then it do so many errors that I close the site at all, now, I can edit easily, but not so much fast when uploading an avatar, but it is when only editing infos..

Thats for me..
----
I saw her standing by the crimson sea...
Isolated by the silent thoughts...
Her gazing was intense but so dead...

The teardrops corroded the soil.. She couldn't say a word to me...
30.11.2007 - 21:33
Lord TJ

Written by Bash' on 30.11.2007 at 14:05

Also, when editing profiles, I used to be able like to edit it once, if twice then it do so many errors that I close the site at all

You lost me there..
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
30.11.2007 - 21:46
Bash'
Written by Lord TJ on 30.11.2007 at 21:33

Written by Bash' on 30.11.2007 at 14:05

Also, when editing profiles, I used to be able like to edit it once, if twice then it do so many errors that I close the site at all

You lost me there..

Sorry, I meant, that before, when I used to try to edit my profile for the first time, it works, once I try it again for another edit, it just didn't use to work with me, that time.

Now, after, I am able to edit for how many times I need, with no faults happening. cool ?
----

30.11.2007 - 21:48
Lord TJ

Written by Bash' on 30.11.2007 at 21:46

Sorry, I meant, that before, when I used to try to edit my profile for the first time, it works, once I try it again for another edit, it just didn't use to work with me, that time.

Now, after, I am able to edit for how many times I need, with no faults happening. cool ?

Ok yea now I understand.

Before when I tried editing my profile, or anything else sometimes it would be stuck on loading nothing, I would have to hit the submit button several times before anything happened. I'm glad thats done and over with now!
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

30.11.2007 - 22:00
Bash'
Written by Lord TJ on 30.11.2007 at 21:48

Written by Bash' on 30.11.2007 at 21:46

Ok yea now I understand.

Before when I tried editing my profile, or anything else sometimes it would be stuck on loading nothing, I would have to hit the submit button several times before anything happened. I'm glad thats done and over with now!

Yes that what used to happen, stuck loading and then I used to close the site, now it is not happening any more, which is good for sure..
----

02.12.2007 - 17:30
wrathchild

I finally voted to say the site is much faster now. It simply is much faster and more reliable.
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
02.12.2007 - 18:38
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
hm...i have to say it is a bit faster, but sometimes (like now, when i decided to post my opinion here) i still have to wait quite long (usually bout 30 secs up to one minute, which is but slow according to the speed of my connection) till the page loads...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

03.12.2007 - 17:48
Icarus
!PROSLACKER!
wow in all those years of random time wasting in MS i find it to be really fast great job to Ivan i guess :S mmm woo
----
-At live's eve our flames will cease-
03.12.2007 - 18:08
iaberis
Advice Troll
I think it's faster. It's been long since I last had those gigantic lag time when I was browsing the site, so I can't tell if it's much faster, but it is a bit. Time will tell more...
----
Bitch! Please
04.12.2007 - 05:34
Lord TJ

Hmm, I am starting to see that at times loading will seem like the past when it took forever, not that it happens often, but it happened at my school computers as well.
----

04.12.2007 - 16:33
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Lord TJ on 04.12.2007 at 05:34

Hmm, I am starting to see that at times loading will seem like the past when it took forever, not that it happens often, but it happened at my school computers as well.

For me all are fast like it was
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
06.12.2007 - 08:15
FOOCK Nam

Written by Bad English on 04.12.2007 at 16:33

Because Latvia is near Estonia, isnt it?
06.12.2007 - 12:11
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by FOOCK Nam on 06.12.2007 at 08:15

Written by Bad English on 04.12.2007 at 16:33

Because Latvia is near Estonia, isnt it?

Yes it is ... but I dunno if MS are slower in Asia, USA ,
----

apos;'
[image]
06.12.2007 - 12:38
FOOCK Nam

@Kariasakis7, it was very slow before new server for me. Now I can load many pages of Metalstorm in a time. Though thread which has many pics still load slow.
06.12.2007 - 18:40
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by FOOCK Nam on 06.12.2007 at 12:38

@Kariasakis7, it was very slow before new server for me. Now I can load many pages of Metalstorm in a time. Though thread which has many pics still load slow.

Maybe your i net are slow or something, does metal-archives are fast for you there?
----

apos;'
[image]
06.12.2007 - 19:44
Lord TJ

A page with many pictures loading slow is normal for many people.
----

07.12.2007 - 09:13
FOOCK Nam

Written by Bad English on 06.12.2007 at 18:40

Written by FOOCK Nam on 06.12.2007 at 12:38

Maybe your i net are slow or something, does metal-archives are fast for you there?

Yeah my i-net are indeed slow, mine is ADSL, I guess for Europe and USA its T1, T2, or something.. Metal-archives is loads fast for me. I have no problem with MA.

@TJ, agree. It doesnt make Metalstorm less attractive.:cool:
07.12.2007 - 18:29
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Lord TJ on 06.12.2007 at 19:44

A page with many pictures loading slow is normal for many people.

For me old problem are beck when some treads just stuck, specely where Varda post dunno why,
Alos pictures tread dont loads for em still ... maybe to huge
----

apos;'
[image]
08.12.2007 - 05:13
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Yeah it's so much faster...it used to be so slow and took forever to load things...I find it's working at light speed now...
08.12.2007 - 18:38
Warman
Erotic Stains
Hopefully this will attract more users.
----
10.12.2007 - 00:19
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
It has become useable again thank god, the main reason i used it less was because of boredom waiting...
10.12.2007 - 08:32
Oracle
Orcinus
MS is alot faster which is good. i used to wait like 10 mins just to open up my pm inbox but now it only takes a couple of seconds. MS has improved in speed since its moved.
10.12.2007 - 18:37
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Much faster. Dial-up connect doesn't seem as bad here now...
----

Hellcunt Smurf
11.12.2007 - 09:41
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Xtreme Jax on 10.12.2007 at 18:37

You had a dial-up man its historuy:o

Use satalite its better
----

apos;'
[image]
11.12.2007 - 13:46
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Written by Bad English on 11.12.2007 at 09:41

Use satalite its better

No, I have dial up, i'm just oldschool. And don't bother quoting me unless you're going to type correctly, kid.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
11.12.2007 - 14:42
Eternal Flames

Written by Xtreme Jax on 11.12.2007 at 13:46

Written by Bad English on 11.12.2007 at 09:41

Use satalite its better

No, I have dial up, i'm just oldschool. And don't bother quoting me unless you're going to type correctly, kid.

Seems you've been away too long from MS, Josh. Remember, this is K7 we're talking about here. Correct typing isn't gonna happen any time soon.

I can imagine that the change of server would be a huge relief to dial-up users though.
18.12.2007 - 11:32
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Its faster now, no doubt. Much better.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram