Metal Storm logo
Hail Of Bullets - Sign With Metal Blade Records

It's with great honour that we announce the signing of Dutch Death Metal supergroup Hail Of Bullets!

Hail Of Bullets was formed in late 2006 by former Pestilence/Asphyx singer Martin van Drunen, ex-Houwitser bass player Theo van Eekelen, Gorefest drummer Ed Warby and both Thanatos guitarists Paul Baayens and Stephan Gebédi. A mutual love for old school death metal bands like Autopsy, Bolt Thrower, Massacre, Celtic Frost and Death resulted in the idea to form a band together.

In the summer of 2007 the band recorded a four-song promo-CD in Rotterdam, which was mixed by the infamous Death Metal guru Dan Swanö in Sweden. And Swanö stated it right: "If this promo doesn't get you guys a good record deal, I will eat my laptop!"

Dan's stomach is still in good shape since Metal Blade Records didn't hesitate to sign Hail Of Bullets. The band is ready to record their debut album in February 2008. The as-yet-untitled album is expected to be released by Metal Blade Europe in May of 2008.

Hail Of Bullets are looking forward to play selected summer festivals in 2008! Stay tuned.

The whole four-song promo-cd is available for streaming at http://www.myspace.com/hailoffuckenbullets - check it out and spread the word.

"When we heard the final Swano mix of the promo, the question for me was not if we got signed at all, but more to whom. We're all very experienced musicians and we knew that we created an awful fucken heavy piece of molten metal. A smart and appropriate A & R man/woman at a high quality label recognizes this immediately. So Metal Blade didn't hesitate. Important to me was that they let us free in performing in our other bands and they didn't have a problem with that at all. Of course as a young metalkid I saw this label rising from a little company 'til the standard that it has now; the name Brian Slagel always remaining in the back of my head as one of the pioneers. Always delivering quality metal bands and never a bad word in the press from whatever what signing. The Pact is solid. We'll deliver our old school death metal supreme, Metal Blade will do the rest. We're one of the best in what we do and they're in theirs. Blades meet Bullets!" (Martin van Drunen, vocals)

"The Hail Of Bullets promo was sent out to just a handful of carefully selected record labels. Metal Blade was my personal first choice, so when they actually made us an interesting offer, it was an offer I definitely could not refuse! Many classic metal albums have been released on Metal Blade Records over the past few decades, so an old school Death Metal band signing to a classic metal label can be seen as the ultimate metal marriage forged in the fires of Hades!" (Stephan Gebédi, guitars)

Hail Of Bullets is:
Martin van Drunen - vocals
Paul Baayens - guitars
Stephan Gebédi - guitars
Theo van Eekelen - bass
Ed Warby - drums

Source: myspace.com
Band profile: Hail Of Bullets
Posted: 24.11.2007 by Marcel H.

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 10 users
24.11.2007 - 18:25
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
good to hear they got a deal. I am looking forward to this debut
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

24.11.2007 - 18:54
Fane

Wuhuu! Finally they got their deal. Now just have to wait for their album...
----
Coffee for power
Music for creativity
Sarcasm for fun
25.11.2007 - 00:42
Opium
Account deleted
About damn time, they deserve this
25.11.2007 - 10:02
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Oh so they're both from Thanatos... please tell me that band has more interesting guitar riffs than what HoB have so far?

"Always delivering quality metal bands and never a bad word in the press from whatever what signing"
LOL apparently this lucky guy hasn't heard of As I Lay Dying

"Blades meet Bullets!"
very nice reference to Wargasm there
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
25.11.2007 - 14:58
R.I.Pdeadlegends
Account deleted
hm sounds good hope there debut album will be a success
26.11.2007 - 07:28
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 24.11.2007 at 18:25

good to hear they got a deal. I am looking forward to this debut

Guess Dan Swano wont eat his laptop after all....
And thanks Marcel, you showed me these guys back when the promo came out, i guess i finally have a band who i can say "I was a fan from there early days"
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin

Hits total: 3410 | This month: 8