06. Kyrie Eleison
07. Nihil
08. Man Vs. Flesh
09. Ignoration Elenchi
10. Kill All Nations
11. Kristallnacht
12. Klan Korps
13. Rape Scene Act I

When I got Slayer's "God Hates us All" a few years back I absolutely fell for the album's opening track. With chopping and crushing riffs backing a robotic female voice stating the impending doom and Araya verbalizing with devastating results, I couldn't help but think how awesome it would be to find a CD full of such devious material. Finally, my prayers have been answered. I present to you - Havoc Unit!

If you've heard ...And Oceans then you can imagine what "h.IV+" delivers. After all they are essentially the same band. However, Havoc Unit is a terrifying reincarnation. This is mood music for what lies beyond the apocalypse. Fully industrialized, Havoc Unit is where machine meets flesh. You get hardcore rhythmic riffing combined with tons and tons of voice samples and audio tweaks, preaching madmen and sexual predators. All this has a crackling form much like a radio transmission from the most horrifying of battles. The somewhat subdued growls paint a bleak picture of a future where men exist only in the minds of the machines.

Does this new hardcore-software come without glitches? Well, I reckon one could frown upon the occasional system overloads where you might yearn for a little more clarity in the sound but who could turn down some good old brutality. Not that there's too much of it on this album to bore a regular metalhead anyway. And perhaps this is the best part about "h.IV+" - you get a little bit of everything without compromising anything.

With a running time of 53 minutes for 13 tracks, Havoc Units should fill up any horror metal fan. Whether you like diabolic symphonic overlaps or positive abuse of synthetic sounds, "h.IV+" has it all. This is a hell of a waaa-eee-yy-y-y <system failure> to pass t.ime to [initiating format E:arth] Christi--anity is a misunderstandi-ii-ing.
I c.ondemn chri-chri-stiani.tyy-yyyyy-yyy...

Loading ......./

[Apocalypse complete!] Press [YES] to abandon all hope. Press [NO] to play god.

Written by destroyah | 24.11.2007

Comments

Comments: 10   Visited by: 72 users
24.11.2007 - 21:41
GT
Coffee!!
Damn that's some brutal stuff...just heard the tracks on their MySpace. It's quite good some of it. I especially liked Generation Genocide
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
25.11.2007 - 02:47
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
This sounds pretty good so far, but that was expected because ...And Oceans is awesome.
25.11.2007 - 16:25
Damnated
Churchburner
why love the mediocre when you can enjoy the genius ? *cough* Diapsiquir *cough*

ps: i can't believe this is an official metal storm review.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
25.11.2007 - 16:52
destroyah
supercharger
Written by Damnated on 25.11.2007 at 16:25

why love the mediocre when you can enjoy the genius ? *cough* Diapsiquir *cough*

ps: i can't believe this is an official metal storm review.

As for Diapsiquir - matter of taste

Care to elaborate on the last bit?
----
About me:

"The best out of all the people ever" - Washington Post

"We abandoned Christ for Destroyah's love!" - The Watchtower

"Simply amazing!" - Rolling Stone
25.11.2007 - 16:55
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by destroyah on 25.11.2007 at 16:52

Care to elaborate on the last bit?

i was just surprised how high the rating is. fan boyish, tbh.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
25.11.2007 - 17:03
destroyah
supercharger
Well, perhaps i could've taken a few notches down but still - i stand by it

peace out
----
About me:

"The best out of all the people ever" - Washington Post

"We abandoned Christ for Destroyah's love!" - The Watchtower

"Simply amazing!" - Rolling Stone
26.11.2007 - 05:56
Raiden
Down Under Staff
"...you get a little bit of everything without compromising anything."

Sounds great! haha

I quite like Extreme Industrial type stuff, so I think this band is a must-check-out for me!
----
"Scream for me Melbourne!!!!"
- Bruce Dickinson

"I don't see any god up here"
- Yuri Gagarin (while in orbit, 1961)
26.11.2007 - 06:05
Adammm
Account deleted
3 tracks in and I'm currently picking up pieces of my brain.
28.11.2007 - 02:47
PrettyMao

Fuck Yeah!!

I have been waiting for them to release something for a long time...

for me they left ...And Oceans on a high and I have been wanting more since then...

I'll be getting this one very soon.
----
The Mao loves you all!!!

**KISS**KISS**
11.09.2010 - 15:25
Meller
Sleazy Rider
In right state of mind this stuff can rip you to pieces, mentally. There are days I love this album, and days I hate this. Brilliant. But one thing I do not agee with Metal Storm on this one: I was a bit baffled that Havoc Unit is "also known as" ...And Oceans? To my knowledge and what is read in the (very few made) interviews of Havoc Unit, ...And Oceans quit and on trodded the Havoc Unit, plain and simple. Of course, there are same elements in the music, and they share the musicians, but the bands are different - this was not just a cosmetic name change. (Which I believe the dear staff very well understands, since they have listed the both bands as their own.) IMO, Havoc Unit is more like related to ...And Oceans.
----
"Haloo? ...Mulla on sellainen tunne, ett' mä olen surmannut miehen."

Hits total: 8081 | This month: 9