Metal Storm logo
Drowning Pool

Original post

Posted by Olli, 25.11.2007 - 14:32
I'm surprised there isn't a topic for them, where I come from drowning pool are very well known, at least for their first album "Sinner".
The band have been through 3 vocalists and now their vocalist is Ryan Mccombs who used to be the vocalist for the band SOil, in my opinion the first album was brilliant but after that they went downhill and Mccombs doe's just not suit the drowning pool sound.
Drowning Pool were one of the first Nu Metal bands I listened too, I was addicted to the "Sinner" album for a long time.
What are your thoughts on this popular Nu Metal band?
09.02.2010 - 15:34
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
After coming across "Bodies" accidentally i thought other songs may be awesome as well so listened to "full circle"...Meh...Boring...
----
You who will come to the surface
From the flood that's overwhelmed us and drowned us all
Must think, when you speak of our weakness in times of darkness
That you've not had to face
28.04.2010 - 01:12
Kennoth

Look at my avatar, and tell me does it look familiar?

I ADORE their first album, which is one of the top 5 of my albums. It's so dark, gritty and hopeless. Dave Williams is just so awesome. And DP doesn't exist for me after that album and after his death, since they started making cheapshot pop-rock albums. (I've heard their discography just to be sure, and my opinion hasn't changed)
----
*insert something deep and profound*
28.04.2010 - 01:13
Kennoth

Written by AiwiAstwihad on 09.02.2010 at 15:34

After coming across "Bodies" accidentally i thought other songs may be awesome as well so listened to "full circle"...Meh...Boring...

Then check out Sinner, Tear Away and Sermon
----
01.06.2010 - 19:06
Xim
Rocker of Worlds
Their first album is their best, by far. Second and third were okay. Their third album I enjoyed quite a bit for a period of time, but now there are only a couple of songs off that one I enjoyed. I haven't heard their new album yet. I heard "Like I Do" and found it terrible.

But they were one of the first bands I ever saw live and it was a great show. They played in a bar and was so suitable for them. Even though they seem to be getting shitty, they'll always hold a special place in my heart .
11.08.2010 - 14:52
Kennoth

Did you see Dave Williams live? If you did, I envy you.
----
12.08.2010 - 02:04
JD
Account deleted
I respect this band, but i don't listin to them anymore but as i remeber they were great! and "Sinner" is my fav album.
05.11.2010 - 19:19
doyle777

I like the band. My favourite album is Sinner, I don't like Desentized very much, but there are some good songs, Full Circle is preety good album, I like Ryans voice, but he will never be like Dave. Their last album is more of a sound of Soil, but it;s not bad album...
----
06.11.2010 - 01:19
Kennoth

Yup, as I said before, this band doesn't exist for me past Sinner. I actually tried giving some other stuff a chance, but it didn't work out.
----
01.05.2011 - 19:59
FinnishSammich

Sinner is awesome, Desensitized is pretty good but I don't like Full Circle and the self-titled album at all.