I am not sure...
How could anyone support it?!?
Yes, I do support Eugenics
Other (explain your opinion)..

Total votes: 11
25.11.2007 - 17:50
APOHAKC
The Bard
I've been thinking about this for a while now, and to be honest, I don't really have an opinion. Actually, I kinda have one, but it is just a weak opinion, standing on glass legs, so, I would like to hear your opinion on this matter. Personally, I am slightly against eugenics, but as I said, that opinion could be changed since it is created in ignorance of the matter and random things I heard here and there.

So, question, do you support Eugenics, and what do you think of it?

I would like to read first answers first before I write mine, and it would be nice if someone move this thread in Serious Discussions forum, cause I don't think many people would like to be bothered with this thread here, and it is surely much more serious thread than the one about homosexual animals.
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
25.11.2007 - 19:45
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
There is no such thing as eugenics. Everyone is born with imperfections; it's only natural. Even if you were the most perfect man on Earth, you will still have some imperfections. Saying that our species will become perfect through eugenics is just laughable and is a fruitless pursuit. I say that we need to accept our imperfections and get on with life.
25.11.2007 - 20:03
baldur

Written by Ernis on 25.11.2007 at 19:55

Eugenics 是什么?What is it?

good question
25.11.2007 - 20:13
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Written by Ernis on 25.11.2007 at 19:55

Eugenics 是什么?What is it?

Wikipedia article on Eugenics
26.11.2007 - 03:54
Hyvaarin

Written by APOHAKC on 25.11.2007 at 17:50

I've been thinking about this for a while now, and to be honest, I don't really have an opinion. Actually, I kinda have one, but it is just a weak opinion, standing on glass legs, so, I would like to hear your opinion on this matter. Personally, I am slightly against eugenics, but as I said, that opinion could be changed since it is created in ignorance of the matter and random things I heard here and there.

So, question, do you support Eugenics, and what do you think of it?

I would like to read first answers first before I write mine, and it would be nice if someone move this thread in Serious Discussions forum, cause I don't think many people would like to be bothered with this thread here, and it is surely much more serious thread than the one about homosexual animals.

Given your posts in the Homosexuality thread, I would have thought that you'd be pro-eugenics.

Anyway, I think the idea of improving humanity kicks ass. However, I'm not so sure that eugenics programs can be ethically enforced, so for the time being I'm against it.
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
26.11.2007 - 08:55
APOHAKC
The Bard
No, I am certainly not pro-eugenics, but I am still ignorant of the subject as I said.
----
26.11.2007 - 09:01
Asphyxia
Account deleted
I'm pro-eugenics. Why not try to improve ourselves if we're smart enough to?
26.11.2007 - 09:16
APOHAKC
The Bard
Written by Guest on 26.11.2007 at 09:01

I'm pro-eugenics. Why not try to improve ourselves if we're smart enough to?

I agree, but the point is that Eugenics are wide subject, anyway, I am not sure that we know enough about the genetics to be able to produce the desired result, at present we know very little about what genes do what and how they interact with other genes. No one knows what recessives individuals might have that will combine with other recessives and produce undesirable results. Anyway, surely, improving ourselves this way, in perfect condition, would be something I would support any day..
----
27.11.2007 - 20:03
Ernis
狼獾
I don't know....'tis hard to decide whether I'm pro- or against it but I agree that if a person suffers from a disease and if worse, is going to die even more awfully, then why have children if they will also suffer the same fate(unless a miracle occurs)....it also depends on the people who suffer themselves as well...there are some who wish their sufferings to be ended while there are some who are already used to it and struggle to get out of the situation....One thing's sure...I'm against sterilizing people against their will or treating those cruelly who are disabled....