Metal Storm logo
Would You Accept 1 Million Dollars To Give Up Love?

Original post

Posted by Oracle, 26.11.2007 - 06:03
I was reading a magazine while waiting for lunch today, and this question arose, with results saying 57% said yes and 43% no. I mean usually we would see people saying no, as most regard love as one of the most important factors of life, but these results were pretty close, meaning, there are obviously alot of people out there who will speak their mind and take the cash.

Really, there is not right or wrong answer yes? I mean it depends entirely on the individual, love might not mean alot to them, or they havent felt it as much as others, and a million dollars could be far more beneficial to them, there are alot of factors that vary.

I would just like to see how close the results are here.

EDIT: I meant the love between two partners, not the love of family, pets or other objects.

Poll

Would you accept $1M to give up love?

No
Yes

Total votes: 232
20.08.2012 - 17:39
Yellax

I have experienced periods of my life where I have lived with barely any money to my name; money to me is worthless. Having said that, I have lived with hardly any funds to my name more than I have had love in my life. I would never give up something as material as financial gain for someone who makes me happy and makes me have some sort of purpose in life.
----
I'm a furry. Get used to it.
07.09.2012 - 15:34
Angry Chair

Yeah I would take the million, as long as like you said I could still love family, pets, music and stuff.

Just have to get used having only your hands for rest of your life (if you know what I mean).

or
----
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
- Denis Diderot
07.09.2012 - 18:49
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
Well I love metal so that would be pretty fucking stupid to do so.
07.09.2012 - 18:56
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Guest on 07.09.2012 at 18:49

Read the first post
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
07.09.2012 - 19:41
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
Written by Guib on 07.09.2012 at 18:56

Read the first post

I did. Metal is my partner. It's there for me when I wake up, When I get home, sexually pleases me, gets me through the good and bad times....Metal is the best partner.

But on a serious note it's kind of a dumb question. Would you give up love for a million dollars? You can't put a price on beliefs or natural feelings nor will you be able to give them up for some object.
I understand what the question is trying to ask but it logically makes absolutely no sense. Goes back to the question...."Do you BELIEVE in love?" Well do you? I also believe that Jesus is a mythical creature but yet again that's my belief.
09.09.2012 - 07:40
FOOCK Nam

Written by Guest on 07.09.2012 at 19:41

Read the first post

I did. Metal is my partner. It's there for me when I wake up, When I get home, sexually pleases me, gets me through the good and bad times....Metal is the best partner.

But on a serious note it's kind of a dumb question. Would you give up love for a million dollars? You can't put a price on beliefs or natural feelings nor will you be able to give them up for some object.
I understand what the question is trying to ask but it logically makes absolutely no sense. Goes back to the question...."Do you BELIEVE in love?" Well do you? I also believe that Jesus is a mythical creature but yet again that's my belief.

Great to see how is your love with metal.

I dont understand the second past, guessing you meant the question is too imaginary ?

after few years now my choice still no change, at the moment Im still alive even still good, so if having 1 millions of addition to my finance, well nothing will change much. IMO 1 Millions is good for only when you in need of big amount of money alarmingly,... otherwise eating more good foods playing thousand of computer games, going hundred of party still leads to being bored and overwhelm nauseatingly : (
09.09.2012 - 18:10
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
Written by FOOCK Nam on 09.09.2012 at 07:40

Written by Guest on 07.09.2012 at 19:41

Read the first post

Great to see how is your love with metal.

I dont understand the second past, guessing you meant the question is too imaginary ?

after few years now my choice still no change, at the moment Im still alive even still good, so if having 1 millions of addition to my finance, well nothing will change much. IMO 1 Millions is good for only when you in need of big amount of money alarmingly,... otherwise eating more good foods playing thousand of computer games, going hundred of party still leads to being bored and overwhelm nauseatingly : (

Just that the question logically doesn't make sense. There really isn't a way that you can give up love unless you get a lobotomy.
29.10.2012 - 14:27
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Written by Guest on 14.10.2012 at 19:24

Yes, yes and yes. With a million dollars i probably will find another lover altogether plus have a fatter bank account.
I find the idea of love very funny, if i stay in kenya, i'll meet some girl someday and we'll fall in the love, same will happen if i were to go live in canada,iraq, china, senegal or whatever other place. So id give it up, spend about $2000 to forget the girl i gave up on koz of money.

I think you misunderstand what love actually is, especially being so young. The original post was referring to emotional, intimate, committed love, not just 'having a girlfriend' love where saying goodbye is not a huge deal. In other words, it's more complicated than simply giving up and walking away with money.
29.10.2012 - 16:09
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Yavanna on 24.11.2010 at 15:02

As long as I don't believe in love, well, I would accept a million dollars.

This.
30.10.2012 - 13:19
Fredd
Account deleted
I'll think about that if I'm actually made that offer. For now, I won't even bother.
22.11.2012 - 03:38
MetallicA

Definitely not. No matter how much you have or how much you make, it'll never be enough. I say that because the more money you have, the higher tendency to buy nicer, more expensive things.

I'll use myself as an example (btw I am NOT making 6 figures, just had to put that out there LOL). I have a decent salary now but at the beginning of this year and for the past several years, I didn't (I was in college and figuring out how to live on my own). I was living off of $10k/ year with shitty minimum wage jobs. Now I make more, I got a nicer car and bought myself some nicer things and can go out to eat alot more. All it means is I have bigger bills to pay at the end of the month. Yeah, a million would be nice but I was able to love while living off of minimum wage jobs so I think I'd rather keep the love. It's a nice feeling
----

God's disciples want you to die!
In the blazing inferno
Slewed on Satan's pitchfork
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
by my hand... or by your fate
with no remorse.
23.11.2012 - 02:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by MetallicA on 22.11.2012 at 03:38

Definitely not. No matter how much you have or how much you make, it'll never be enough. I say that because the more money you have, the higher tendency to buy nicer, more expensive things.

Not me, put on bandk lets say its like 10 000 000 (ten millions) kronner, put on prsentage and lets say you hav ecah mont sprox sek 50 000 and its way to enought ton survive, so I would know what to do whit it, and whne I would give it I would stay away from ppl, in case ppl wanna use me, I defenetly would do it
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
06.01.2013 - 17:40
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
Well i have been in relationship now for nearly 5 years now and honestly i would gladly give her my heart if she needed it !! so all the money in the world wont let me give my love to her up
14.01.2013 - 07:44
Jtbmetal123

Love is better than money any day.
28.01.2013 - 10:03
Monolithic
♠♠♠
Only if you've fallen in love and you have to make a choice. In case you never had someone special, you'll make the decision without a second thought.
03.07.2022 - 00:02
Joppe
Steelemeister
I was contemplating a similar dilemma an other day, that if I could choose whether to have 1 million tax free or keep my erections working which I would choose? I would go with the boner, easily. So I guess I choose love.
----
My vision is augmented
08.07.2022 - 17:05
Metal Rasputin

Sure, I'm very introverted and prefer solitude anyway, too many people are just dumb and/or clueless and waste everyone's time with their bullshit. With one million dollars I could come up with enough things to do I probably wouldn't even think about the whole thing for the rest of my life.
----
You've got a lot of guts. Let's see what they look like!
09.07.2022 - 08:02
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Depends, kronor or euros.
Now I think money has lost a value, I would think about it.
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing