Metal Storm logo
Would You Accept 1 Million Dollars To Give Up Love?

Poll

Would you accept $1M to give up love?

No
Yes

Total votes: 232
26.11.2007 - 06:03
Oracle
Orcinus
I was reading a magazine while waiting for lunch today, and this question arose, with results saying 57% said yes and 43% no. I mean usually we would see people saying no, as most regard love as one of the most important factors of life, but these results were pretty close, meaning, there are obviously alot of people out there who will speak their mind and take the cash.

Really, there is not right or wrong answer yes? I mean it depends entirely on the individual, love might not mean alot to them, or they havent felt it as much as others, and a million dollars could be far more beneficial to them, there are alot of factors that vary.

I would just like to see how close the results are here.

EDIT: I meant the love between two partners, not the love of family, pets or other objects.
26.11.2007 - 06:29
Bararey
Winter is Coming
Elite
I have to say yes, I think logically, with $1M i can get a lovely dog, well dogs they don't whine as much as men and they don't require as much attention

Yeah, I am not emotional at all, so for me the answer to this question was a no brainer,
----
"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."
Ser Jorah Mormont
26.11.2007 - 06:57
Opium
Account deleted
To me, love doesn't share any monetary value. It would be incredibly stupid to abandon a relationship and instead replacing it with money. I certainly couldn't live with myself, knowing I'd hurt another anyway and it'd also suggest I didn't actually love the other person in the relationship in the first place. Love can't be replaced in any instance, IMO.

EDIT: Jodie, what is your opinion?
26.11.2007 - 07:03
Bararey
Winter is Coming
Elite

@Opium, you can abandon your $1M share to me, I won't say no to $2M

Now i am curious did the magazine mention the age groups of the people they have asked?
I just think most young people (mainly teenagers) would say no to money,,
----
"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."
Ser Jorah Mormont
26.11.2007 - 07:16
Oracle
Orcinus
love is way more important to me and i would never give up my relationship for $1M coz i would regret it and i wouldnt be able to live with myself either. i mean this could be your only chance of ever finding love and to give that up for a million dollars is just horrible.
26.11.2007 - 07:30
Opium
Account deleted
Written by Bararey on 26.11.2007 at 07:03

@Opium, you can abandon your $1M share to me, I won't say no to $2M

Now i am curious did the magazine mention the age groups of the people they have asked?
I just think most young people (mainly teenagers) would say no to money,,

Ok, it's a done deal

Funny enough, had you asked me this when I was 16 or so, I'd have taken the money

What particular age are you talking about here? Because you can't just say teenagers According to the law, I'm a man anyway

My guess would be 13-17.
26.11.2007 - 07:35
Judas
The Amputator
I wouldn't take the cash. I couldn't, because there are many ways to make $1,000,000, but love isn't something that is so easy to do.
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
26.11.2007 - 07:44
Oracle
Orcinus
IMO i think girls are more likely to take money over love. i could be wrong though. i mean how many girls do you know that always go on shopping spree's and spend alot of money? i know a few. ok im not saying all girls are like that so dont take offence lol. guys can be just as bad too.
ok i dont really care about money... i mean i dont care if i dont have the money to buy the things i want.
26.11.2007 - 08:53
APOHAKC
The Bard
No
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
26.11.2007 - 10:07
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Yes because I dont belive in love(even maybe I teribly hurt other person), but money wont make me happy so Im comfused, money are same like loe who will kill you, but only lil faster, life is cristal mascarade, only wine, music, poetry and ortodox make me real
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
26.11.2007 - 11:42
Baz Anderson
Staff
well obvious point.. "give up love" is such a wishy washy statement, it is hard to understand what it actually means
give up ever being in a relationship with someone of the opposite sex? you dont have to "love" someone.. or give up ever getting "close" to someone in a relationship. people have different definitions of "love" and have their own thoughts regarding if such a thing does exist

one thing is for certian, and that is I would rather have £1,000,000 over $1,000,000
26.11.2007 - 12:18
Deus Ex Machina
Oracle said that girls are more likely to take money over love, and then tried to soften what she said. I hate it when people do that. It's just like saying I'm not racist, but *insert racist babble here*
How the hell do you know that. Have you done polls? I don't think so.
And it's most probably an overstatement when you say that you don't care about having money to buy things you want. You may not want to be filthy rich, but don't exaggerate .
Aronax maybe should have elaborated more, you probably know why you said that. But short posts are useless.
The post after that is full of bs also, as usual.
But I do agree with what Baz said.
And also it's not such an easy thing to say. It's not the same if you've known this person for a year or if you have been married for 15 years. And there's too many different kinds of people, it's difficult to say. It all depends on the people in the relationship and million other things.
I can't say if i would or wouldn't. It's too difficult to say. Many things need to be taken into consideration.
26.11.2007 - 12:34
Oracle
Orcinus
@Deus Ex Machina: i was referring to young teenage girls as in 15 or 16 year olds coz many of them dont understand love but nor do boys at that age yet. for examle the girls in my year are obsessed with having money and want to waste it on clothes or accessories etc. one girl even said she would marry an old rich guy only for the money and take it all when he drops dead which sounds very selfish. im not saying that every girl is like that though. boys can be the same too, In Inverell (where i live) all they want to do is buy a car and get expensive paint jobs and new parts on them.
26.11.2007 - 12:44
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
@Deus - Reading your post I agree whit it its true and somehow i think you woild do same ppl deny religion and theay deny love spceley in 21 th century
----

apos;'
[image]
26.11.2007 - 12:49
Deus Ex Machina
You think I would do WHAT?
Take the money?
26.11.2007 - 12:54
Oracle
Orcinus
@K7: Deus Ex Machina wasnt saying that she would take the money. she was only making a point.
26.11.2007 - 12:54
Hyvaarin
$1M is nowhere near enough to guarantee an otherwise fulfilling life. Hell, you'd still end up with money worries. No fucking deal.
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
26.11.2007 - 13:04
APOHAKC
The Bard
Written by Deus Ex Machina on 26.11.2007 at 12:18

Aronax maybe should have elaborated more, you probably know why you said that. But short posts are useless.

All right then, I don't usually leave posts like this, but I think that the simple NO would speak more than 50 sentences, but ok, I'll explain.

First of all, I didn't get it on what kind of "love" question was referred to, and that is very important to me, so, since it was not precise question I took that love, for love. Isn't the love what makes someones alive? I mean, why would someone take that money, because of love towards money, and that's love. Now, when I have 1.000.000 of whatever, and love is taken away from me, what would I do with that money, you don't love anything, you are just empty shell, and only thing I could do with that paper is to brush my ass.

Again, I suppose K7's first post was referred to love like love between two persons (male and female I suppose), but that is just one type of love, it is IMPOSSIBLE not to believe in love, why do anyone live then?

Love is NOT only love toward other person, love is special feeling for anything in this world, your mom, nature, tapes, food, animals, money... and also, one of the point why are we living in the first place, there is no man on earth without love, that is why this question is pointless, and my answer was just NO.

And anyway, I suppose, even if it is only love toward persons of other gender, if I took the money I would spend it in a month or something, and then I would feel sorry for what I did haha
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
26.11.2007 - 13:16
Valentin B
Iconoclast
no. if i had to choose between those 2, i'd choose love, since i'm content with what i've got right now, and that is such a huge sum i don't even know what to do with it.
26.11.2007 - 13:24
Oracle
Orcinus
Sorry, i didnt specify which love i was talking about, i edited the main post. It is the love between partners, not family, pets or anything else.
26.11.2007 - 13:24
Taktsekte
Your Ad Here!
Well, technically, in order to give up love, you should have been in love in the first place, which I never have, so the question might not apply to me. Anyway, my answer is an aye. Nevertheless, although I do not believe in love, I don't think I need a million dollars at the moment, honestly. I don't need any more luxuries in my life in a developed country when there is so much misery in our world.

@Aronax: There is a huge difference between love, mere attraction and happiness. While you might 'love' chocolate, Gothic Metal, Mediterranean wine or Metal Storm, fact is that you are just happy with your hobbies, your favourite food or music, and so on, i.e. you don't love these things, you just like them. In my opinion, it is a mistake to confuse happiness with love or addiction. If you cannot live without apples, you don't love apples, you are addicted to them. In addition, you could take the money not because you love it (which means you are psychologically dependent on it) but because you need it - not in the romantic sense but from a materialistic point of view. While happiness is harmless, love or rather addiction is not.
26.11.2007 - 13:45
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
@Deus - Yes, because I had such opinum from your previusly pos,(Its not a insulte or something personal)
@Oracle - all starts in Euroviusin tread when I mention BBB
@Hyvaarin - Its enought to live all life, notrich but whit out work(and alone)
@Aronax of celik - Yes I mean love between people, because I never will give up love to Olympiakos, and religion(hellenic ortodox) never, but between people im not shore but other side will change you whitmoney, you will see man you will see some day, so you be RAD then XD
----

apos;'
[image]
26.11.2007 - 13:59
yvesson
Hej,
Anyway only love/girls cost much money, so I can't choose. I can live without love and without one million dollars.
26.11.2007 - 14:04
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by yvesson on 26.11.2007 at 13:59

Hej,
Anyway only love/girls cost much money, so I can't choose. I can live without love and without one million dollars.

love dont cost so expenciec how girl in ove ppl sheare thinks but in realationship girl take, man pay, its cruelty,
----

apos;'
[image]
26.11.2007 - 14:17
Bararey
Winter is Coming
Elite
Written by Guest on 26.11.2007 at 07:30

What particular age are you talking about here?

I was really referring to under 20, just because the majority of this age group is still living with their parents with so little responsibilities to worry about,, yeah I wish I am back there again,, *keeps on dreaming*

Written by Oracle on 26.11.2007 at 13:24

Sorry, i didnt specify which love i was talking about, i edited the main post. It is the love between partners, not family, pets or anything else.

Why didn't you say so?,, ummmm, yeah I'll still take the money

@Baz,
If that's your reasoning you should have requested 1,000,000 Kuwaiti Dinars instead

By the end of the day if I got everyone's share of the $1M, I'll be set for life,, Bill Gates beware
----
Ser Jorah Mormont
26.11.2007 - 14:19
iMPERiAL_iCE
Weeping Heart
Hell yeah!!!! why you ask me.....coz 1 million dollars can bring me another love!!
and another thing is that I tried love and it failed me so if I was offered 1 thousand bucks I'd give it up (sorry but I'm so anti-love at the moment)
----
The older I get.........The faster I was

Smurfilator -- back when Smurf Metal existed :'(
26.11.2007 - 14:23
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by iMPERiAL_iCE on 26.11.2007 at 14:19

Hell yeah!!!! why you ask me.....coz 1 million dollars can bring me another love!!
and another thing is that I tried love and it failed me so if I was offered 1 thousand bucks I'd give it up (sorry but I'm so anti-love at the moment)

Anti-Love are great and by such money you wont get love you get only 0 Euros after on emonth, look to Boris Becker, Stefan Efenberg cases spend whole money whit girls

@bareley - How much booze I can by by 10 Kuwait dinaars?
----

apos;'
[image]
26.11.2007 - 14:31
Bararey
Winter is Coming
Elite
Written by Bad English on 26.11.2007 at 14:23

1 Kuwaiti Dinar = US $3.6489 = 2.46 EUR = 1.76258 GBP

So i am guessing I Black Label bottle with 10 KDs, not bad,, I paid 60 KD for that bottle when I was in Kuwait,, damn black market,, but no worries now with my new fortune i can afford that
----
Ser Jorah Mormont
26.11.2007 - 14:33
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Bararey on 26.11.2007 at 14:31

Written by Bad English on 26.11.2007 at 14:23

1 Kuwaiti Dinar = US $3.6489 = 2.46 EUR = 1.76258 GBP

So i am guessing I Black Label bottle with 10 KDs, not bad,, I paid 60 KD for that bottle when I was in Kuwait,, damn black market,, but no worries now with my new fortune i can afford that

Ok I take a money and go live to Georgia one killo watermelons costs 0.03 pounds and wine hmm maybe 0.10 poinds
----

apos;'
[image]
26.11.2007 - 14:36
Opium
Account deleted
Written by Bararey on 26.11.2007 at 14:17

Written by Guest on 26.11.2007 at 07:30

What particular age are you talking about here?

I was really referring to under 20, just because the majority of this age group is still living with their parents with so little responsibilities to worry about,, yeah I wish I am back there again,, *keeps on dreaming*

I'd be an exception to this then, since I carry many responsibilities

You can keep that filthy money!