Metal Storm logo
Would You Accept 1 Million Dollars To Give Up Love?

Original post

Posted by Oracle, 26.11.2007 - 06:03
I was reading a magazine while waiting for lunch today, and this question arose, with results saying 57% said yes and 43% no. I mean usually we would see people saying no, as most regard love as one of the most important factors of life, but these results were pretty close, meaning, there are obviously alot of people out there who will speak their mind and take the cash.

Really, there is not right or wrong answer yes? I mean it depends entirely on the individual, love might not mean alot to them, or they havent felt it as much as others, and a million dollars could be far more beneficial to them, there are alot of factors that vary.

I would just like to see how close the results are here.

EDIT: I meant the love between two partners, not the love of family, pets or other objects.

Poll

Would you accept $1M to give up love?

No
Yes

Total votes: 232
28.09.2009 - 18:29
FOOCK Nam
I always WONDER but actually I Decide to choose both 1 M of $ and my LOVE.
28.09.2009 - 18:48
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by FOOCK Nam on 28.09.2009 at 18:29

This option dont work man you shood choose one
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
28.09.2009 - 18:59
FOOCK Nam
Written by Bad English on 28.09.2009 at 18:48

Written by FOOCK Nam on 28.09.2009 at 18:29

This option dont work man you shood choose one

I Know, and I Chose one option. Just want to say my desire, even can say I say to ME.
28.09.2009 - 19:13
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
Staff
1 million is not all that much money.
Gimme a billion and I'll never love again (I'll probably be better off and happier too)
29.09.2009 - 09:22
FOOCK Nam
Written by jupitreas on 28.09.2009 at 19:13

1 million is not all that much money.
Gimme a billion and I'll never love again (I'll probably be better off and happier too)

So that means you choose your Love insteadly of 1M?

What happen if inflation go crazy and 1B is not enough ? Curiously
29.09.2009 - 17:43
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
Money can't buy happiness, 1 million is quickly spent now days so most people will blow it then finish their lives miserable and lonely. However, finding a soul mate or someone you can confide in is worth more than any amount of money. Money just helps build a minimum of confort around a person's life, but if that person has nothing in his/her life, money won't change nothing.
----

"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun and the rain (we can be like they are)."
29.09.2009 - 18:20
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Haddonfield on 29.09.2009 at 17:43

Money can't buy happiness, 1 million is quickly spent now days so most people will blow it then finish their lives miserable and lonely. However, finding a soul mate or someone you can confide in is worth more than any amount of money. Money just helps build a minimum of confort around a person's life, but if that person has nothing in his/her life, money won't change nothing.

I sad it some time ago, besides I never ever would do such think spend money. if I get 1 milion I would survive all life whit it, I wont change nothing, besides I get more supoicius whit all who talk whit me in street so maybe I die ''rich'' sad and alone
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
29.09.2009 - 18:38
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
It's easily spent. I'd buy a house straight out, so no mortgage to pay. No to big, not to small in a nice area, you're looking at 250000. Then a car, reliable that will last a far few years and my dream car (Ford Type II) for leisure, about 50000. My dream holiday, travel to New York, spend a couple of days in the Big Apple, then train to Chicago, hire a convertable vintage muscle car and head on down Route 66, about 15000 (estimated). Complete my music and DVD collection (my biggest treasure), about 20000. Start my business, probably buy a warehouse and convert it into a metal bar, it would have to be big enough to accomodate live gigs, and I'd have a metal shop just next to it, you're looking at about 300000 (but good investment for the future). That's already 635000 spent, it could cost more, to set up the business and solid furniture that will last, 700000 would be spent easily, leaving 300000 only if the business doesn't work. At leat everything would be sorted, house owned, business set up and car purchased, no loans so everything is an investment.

EDIT: None of this is worth while if there's no one to share it with.
----

"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun and the rain (we can be like they are)."
22.10.2009 - 07:25
Kimiwind
Speed Metal God
Oh well ..i defenitly choosed love !! cause i think 1 million i would spend it in a mounth lol !! but when u love someone , your gf for exp and give her what she need and live just in peace and calm ..thats the big reward and not 1 million ...or even 1 milliard ...
the thing is when there is real love and not ( fake love ) as most people use to pretend nowadays ... there is less problems and less tension in life and more happiness ..1 million might even bring problems hahaha ..who knows a thief would kill you just for it or a jealous freind and so on ...mony is nothing in this life comparing to true emotional facts in the humain been nature !! and unfortunly most those ( humain been ) forgot what is life about and became slaves to the life in iits fake terms ( mony , famous , attention , hate , greed , and so on u might list them after me ...)
----
Wintermoon Calls you, Follow It And You Will Be Proud Forever.
22.10.2009 - 08:33
Not.
A.
Chance.

I'll make a million anyway. To hedge one's bets like that is simply foolish.
----
VICTORY!!!!! (They love it in France)
22.10.2009 - 08:49
brapp32
If it was 10 million I would say yes but a million isn't enough.
23.10.2009 - 23:34
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Definitely not. True love is priceless, and I would take that over any amount of money in the world.
23.10.2009 - 23:53
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
Written by Angelic Storm on 23.10.2009 at 23:34

Definitely not. True love is priceless, and I would take that over any amount of money in the world.

Nice to see some people still believe in it, this thread is pretty depressing, 1 out 3 would give up love for a million, that's just so wrong.
----

24.10.2009 - 00:01
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Haddonfield on 23.10.2009 at 23:53
Nice to see some people still believe in it, this thread is pretty depressing, 1 out 3 would give up love for a million, that's just so wrong.

I've never experienced true love, but I know if I was given the choice between having that, and an infinite amount of money, the love would win, no contest. Some things are beyond any material value, and that is one of them.
24.10.2009 - 00:24
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
Written by Angelic Storm on 24.10.2009 at 00:01

Written by Haddonfield on 23.10.2009 at 23:53

I've never experienced true love, but I know if I was given the choice between having that, and an infinite amount of money, the love would win, no contest. Some things are beyond any material value, and that is one of them.

I couldn't agree more love, self esteem, happiness and probably a couple of other things are beyond money. Anyway, I see you are new here so welcome and I hope you have a good time surfing through the threads and getting to know the other lunes of the site.
----

24.10.2009 - 01:07
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Haddonfield on 24.10.2009 at 00:24
I couldn't agree more love, self esteem, happiness and probably a couple of other things are beyond money. Anyway, I see you are new here so welcome and I hope you have a good time surfing through the threads and getting to know the other lunes of the site.

Agreed on all those things!

Hey, thanx for the warm welcome! Seems like a great site, I think I will like it a lot here.
01.09.2010 - 01:31
Firebringer
Fallen Angel
Where do I sign?
----
It's Better To Reign In Hell Than Serve In Heaven
01.09.2010 - 01:57
Immortal
I'd give up love for free. It's a chemical that always fucks with me.
----
"Hope is the greatest of all evils, for it prolongs the torment of man." - Friedrich Nietzsche
01.09.2010 - 03:37
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Screw the million dollars, i'd sell my SOUL for an American citizenship status !!
----

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free
Johann Wolfgang van Goethe 1749-1832
01.09.2010 - 06:06
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Immortal on 01.09.2010 at 01:57

I'd give up love for free. It's a chemical that always fucks with me.

Oh, I'd give up one sided love in a shot. In fact Id pay money if it would guarantee I would never feel that again. lol
01.09.2010 - 18:29
FOOCK Nam
I voted one year ago. Still keeping same opinion. Well, this choosing is more like wishing, lol but if a true love that is infinite then not only $1M, I even sacrifice my Death.
03.09.2010 - 00:15
Cyroth
I chose the 1M $...what can I say,in the end you always get screwed by love,and the system screws you and takes an amount of your money...so I'm not happy with neither of the choices,but after I gone back and forth with this feeling called love,I would do without(at least for the next couple of years).
----
09.09.2010 - 18:05
Reza
Account deleted
Of course YES ! JUST GIVE ME THE MONEY
10.09.2010 - 08:41
k1tu
1 million isn't shit...I wouldn't leave my partner for no money...And that's fucking true...Sometimes it makes me just wanna rip my face off when I see what stupid shit people do for money...most people are fucking cheap.
10.09.2010 - 12:21
F.S
Written by Guest on 09.09.2010 at 18:05

soon new term will be statrted. I must speak with your GF about this post dear classmate
10.09.2010 - 14:44
Reza
Account deleted
Written by F.S on 10.09.2010 at 12:21

Written by Guest on 09.09.2010 at 18:05

soon new term will be statrted. I must speak with your GF about this post dear classmate

With having a friend like you, what should I expext from my enemies ?!!!
Then it's better to say that, I will get the money and spend it with my LOVE. I'm sure that she will be glad
10.09.2010 - 15:03
KwonVerge
Odysseus
Elite
I suppose we're talking about unconditional love, its pure and only form, without any sign of using the partner for any possible cause. If it's this kind of love, no money can surpass the feeling, although love is a mistaken value nowadays, one can baptise love under any circumstance according to the path he walks upon and so on. Even if you have money, you may die on a car accident, you may have an uncurable disease, you can't cheat death with money, you may be alone, miserable, with no friends, no partner, or anything of actual value etc. You can't buy love, love just appears and afterwards it's something you feel, deeply, in a way you can't express. You just feel it. Anyway, i voted love, under the aforementioned unconditional contitions
----
Dec. 30, 1334.

...And the whiskey and wine entered our veins when blood was too weak to carry on.
10.09.2010 - 15:31
Reza
Account deleted
Written by KwonVerge on 10.09.2010 at 15:03

I suppose we're talking about unconditional love, its pure and only form, without any sign of using the partner for any possible cause. If it's this kind of love, no money can surpass the feeling, although love is a mistaken value nowadays, one can baptise love under any circumstance according to the path he walks upon and so on. Even if you have money, you may die on a car accident, you may have an uncurable disease, you can't cheat death with money, you may be alone, miserable, with no friends, no partner, or anything of actual value etc. You can't buy love, love just appears and afterwards it's something you feel, deeply, in a way you can't express. You just feel it. Anyway, i voted love, under the aforementioned unconditional contitions

I've seen many cases that your partner plays a role for a long time as you think he(she) really loves you but suddenly you see that he(she) was playing on you. Can you recognize the unconditional love !
10.09.2010 - 15:36
KwonVerge
Odysseus
Elite
Of course there are many of these cases! Role-playing in human relatinos is quite usual these days and has a certain reason, according to person. But i can recognise unconditional love, i have a detector
----
Dec. 30, 1334.

...And the whiskey and wine entered our veins when blood was too weak to carry on.
22.11.2010 - 16:50
Lovecraft
Account deleted
Written by KwonVerge on 10.09.2010 at 15:36

Of course there are many of these cases! Role-playing in human relatinos is quite usual these days and has a certain reason, according to person. But i can recognise unconditional love, i have a detector

The detector is your eyes or maybe your intuition. Right? I know I am right!
I can sometimes look into someone's eyes and predict that the person has "bad" intentions. Or sometimes feel that the person is up to no good.