Metal Storm logo
Hellhammer - To Re-Release Original Demos

The following message was posted on the website of Celtic Frost:

"There exist countless Hellhammer demo bootlegs, but they all utterly fail to capture the true aura, to represent the band as it actually was. They have been compiled from dismal multi-generation copies of the original tapes, and they are invariably riddled with factual and historical errors or outright lies. Former Hellhammer members Tom Gabriel Fischer, Martin Eric Ain, and Steve Warrior have decided to rectify this situation once and for all. "Demon Entrails" is the first official release of the legendary Hellhammer demos "Death Fiend"/"Triumph of Death" and "Satanic Rites" since the original limited cassette editions in 1983.

This release has been specially re-mastered from copies of the original master tapes under the supervision of Tom Gabriel Fischer, and the demos now represent Hellhammer exactly as the band sounded when recording these songs in June and December of 1983. Drawing from a wealth of previously unknown historical material and artwork as well as hundreds of unreleased Hellhammer photos from 1982 to 1984, "Demon Entrails" will also feature all lyrics and essays detailing the individual demo recording sessions.

"Demon Entrails" will be released as an opulent oversized double CD and as a gatefold triple vinyl album. Both versions will feature a lavish booklet and a poster. There will also be a third, bare-bones low-price CD version, designed to cater to markets which will not carry the standard CD due to its irregular size.

The release is scheduled for February 2008, through Prowling Death Records/Century Media."

Source: celticfrost.com
Band profile: Hellhammer
Posted: 26.11.2007 by Warman

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 10   Visited by: 14 users
26.11.2007 - 13:58
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Great
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
26.11.2007 - 14:52
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Sounds appealing, though I'm wondering if remastering it was a good decision...

In hemidemisemi-related news, fans may be interested to know Usurper from Chicago are about to release a 10th anniversary edition of their Threshold of the Usurper EP with enough bonus tracks to make it a full-length disc. Keep an eye on the news in the coming week[s]
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
26.11.2007 - 16:49
Warman
Erotic Stains
Hellhammer are gods to me so I can't seriously wait. One of the best news in a long time!
----
26.11.2007 - 17:43
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Written by Syk on 26.11.2007 at 14:52

Sounds appealing, though I'm wondering if remastering it was a good decision...

This release has been specially re-mastered from copies of the original master tapes under the supervision of Tom Gabriel Fischer, and the demos now represent Hellhammer exactly as the band sounded when recording these songs in June and December of 1983.

I do think so. The 'sound of the old days' was ten times better than the copies of the copies of the copies of the copies, you get my idea. So I think they will sound as raw as they used to.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
26.11.2007 - 20:06
Aghahowa

hehe, good news for "new fans". Great for old fan like me (my originals will be more exclusive again).

"Venom are killing music...
Hellhammer are killing Venom !"
26.11.2007 - 20:57
Götter
oh my god, this just topped my "anticipated releases" list.
26.11.2007 - 21:01
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Aghahowa on 26.11.2007 at 20:06

"Venom are killing music..."

You almost got that one right

It actually is...

"Hometaping is killing music, so are Venom"
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

26.11.2007 - 21:42
Aghahowa

lol
26.11.2007 - 23:48
Carrion
Account deleted
Got my attention.
27.11.2007 - 18:32
Fane

Wuuhuu! This is something that I have been waiting for a long time. Hopefully it sounds raw as it should be.
----
Coffee for power
Music for creativity
Sarcasm for fun

Hits total: 4122 | This month: 13