Metal Storm logo
Ilium - Vocalist Quits

Australian Power Metal band Ilium have announced the departure of vocalist "Lord" Tim Grose on their MySpace page:

"As the release for "Vespertilion" draws near (should be next Dec 07), we now find ourselves needing to make an announcement. Lord Tim, who has worked with us since our first EP and sung lead vocals on our last two albums, will not be continuing with Ilium on future projects. We had all hoped that he would be able to sing on the next Ilium (originally he was only going to be helping us out on "Permian Dusk" and "Vespertilion", for which we're very grateful and overawed by his amazing performances on those) and it was going to be a case of trying to fit Ilium into his increasingly packed schedule. As fans of "Lord and Dungeon" ourselves we certainly did not want to make an impact on the time Tim could allocate to them and with several other personal projects in the pipeline it is only natural that he had neither the time or energy to commit to someone else's

We will be searching for a new vocalist, at this stage it will be for recording purposes only, but who knows. We do wish to say however that this decision was made simply as Adam and I are the driving force behind Ilium and it became increasingly apparent that it was simply not feasible for either party to continue an arrangement which had already outlasted the initial agreed period.

We are very grateful for Tim for the experience of working with him and we're excited both for future Ilium and Lord releases. We hope that you will continue to support Tim in his endeavours as we will, and that you will enjoy his incredible performance on our upcoming album '"Vespertilion"".

Source: blog.myspace.com
Band profile: Ilium
Posted: 26.11.2007 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   Visited by: 6 users
26.11.2007 - 16:41
Hyvaarin

That's an EPIC loss for them, but it's fair enough. Nothing must stand in the way of Lord .
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
26.11.2007 - 21:49
Arcaliz
Account deleted
Great lost of Ilium.
26.11.2007 - 22:09
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I even dunno them cant remeber how thay sounds
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing

Hits total: 2832 | This month: 5