Style: Power metal, Thrash metal
Release date: 2004

01. Pleasure The Pain
02. Crashing Down
03. Ended By Silence
04. Consequences
05. When I Die
06. No Man's Land

Do you like powerful Thrash metal ? Do you like fuc£%#@ great Metal that will you make a ton of head-bangs in your bedroom before your stereo ? Well in that case my friends, believe me that you must, and I repeat it again, you must have a look on that excellent album by an enraged combo from Toronto, Canada, Shatterpoint. "Consequences" is the new album of the excellent band and through this album, this young combo will certainly have a ton of great returns. It's time for them now to get the success that they really deserve !!!

Amazing powerful riffs. That's the first thing that I could say when I think about the music of Shatterpoint. Really the bands which can play such guitars riffs are not legions. In one word all the songs on this album are more than catchy due to the great talent of the musicians who know how to catch our ears through their compositions. This is powerful, and even if we are more near of Thrash metal than anything else, sometime we can also touch Death metal. All that come from the voice of the very good singer of the band which can be really Thrashy but also very brutal in a pure Death Metal mode. And that's good, the mix is perfectly done and really the music of Shatterpoint is equal to head-banging and fury. Excellent guitars riffs, but also excellent solo and double pedal drums with fast tempo, which can remember some old Metallica's songs but of course, it's a lot more modern and the voice is really better?
The sound and the work for the production on this album are very good too, and well it's great because at the end all that give a lot of credibility to Shatterpoint. It don't smell the band which will never do anything good in its career, at the opposite.
In this album you could find the classic powerful Thrash songs with aggressive lyrics but also a very good ballad "When I die" in the pure tradition of this musical style.
I have one regret however, this album is more like a MCD than something else and we only have 30 mins of music? It's a shame because really we want more?.

Anyway, what a promising album for this Canadian combo. If it was a try, no problem it's ok for them, they don't have to be afraid of anything because their music only rock as hell really. Now I only want to know the future productions of the band and only want to see a first real album which in my opinion will kick some ass in the world of Thrash Metal.. If you are a fan of great Thrash Metal, this album is a must have, and I will finish this review by my favourite sentence for the great album. Buy it or dieeee !!!!

Written by Jeff | 16.09.2004

Comments

Comments: 1   Visited by: 6 users
26.11.2007 - 18:38
Rating: 8
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Good release.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama

Hits total: 3148 | This month: 9