Metal Storm logo
Quiet Riot Vocalist Kevin DuBrow Dead At 52

26.11.2007 - 23:54
animal
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071126/us_nm/quietriot_death_dc_2

Quiet Riot singer found dead in Las Vegas 1 hour, 46 minutes ago

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Kevin DuBrow, lead singer of the popular 1980s heavy metal band Quiet Riot, has been found dead from unknown causes at his home in Las Vegas, authorities said on Monday.

DuBrow, 52, was found dead at about 5:20 p.m. on Sunday, a spokeswoman for the Clark County Coroner's Office said. She said an autopsy would be conducted to determine the cause of death.

"I can't even find the words to say," Quiet Riot bandmate Frankie Banali said on his Web site. "Please respect my privacy as I mourn the passing and honor the memory of my dearest friend, Kevin DuBrow."

Quiet Riot, which was founded in the mid-1970s, topped the Billboard charts in 1983 with the album "Metal Health," spurred on by the massive hit single "Cum on Feel the Noize."

The band has since endured break-ups and personnel changes but released a new album in 2006 and continued to tour sporadically.
----
"I got 1,000 years of power! Come and get me!" Robert McLain- Royal Oak, MI
26.11.2007 - 23:57
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
sad you shood ed it in MS news
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
27.11.2007 - 00:49
Ellie
Account deleted
That's really unfortunate..:(
27.11.2007 - 05:57
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
Quiet Riot singer Kevin DuBrow found dead in home. No word on whether he banged his head.
----
(space for rent)
27.11.2007 - 21:03
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Yeah, that's horrible news...he was a great vocalist and it's unbelievable that he died...they always come to an untimely end though...I just thought that he'd be one of those who lived on for a long time...it was probably accidental...
30.11.2007 - 05:11
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
I found out it was a suicide, he was dead for a few days before they actually found his body. The ironic thing is I bought tickets to a Quiet Riot show 2 days before this news was anounced.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
30.11.2007 - 15:28
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by Dane Train on 27.11.2007 at 05:57

Quiet Riot singer Kevin DuBrow found dead in home. No word on whether he banged his head.

Huh? You mean shot himself?
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
01.12.2007 - 09:55
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Lucas on 30.11.2007 at 15:28

Written by Dane Train on 27.11.2007 at 05:57

Huh? You mean shot himself?

He was making a joke, people can die from falling and hitting there head on something, and the chorus of the Quiet Riot song 'Metal Health' goes "Bang your head!/Metal health will drive you mad!".

...Actually it turned out to be suicide.
----
- George Carlin
01.12.2007 - 13:30
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by Doc G. on 01.12.2007 at 09:55

He was making a joke, people can die from falling and hitting there head on something, and the chorus of the Quiet Riot song 'Metal Health' goes "Bang your head!/Metal health will drive you mad!".

...Actually it turned out to be suicide.

Ah ok. I have never heard of the band before, so I couldn't know.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
03.12.2007 - 04:53
Gina73ss
Really yiu think? Suicide? I haven't heard for sure,,,hmmm bummer.
----
Take my hand
You'll never find
Another quite like mine
03.12.2007 - 07:37
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Gina73ss on 03.12.2007 at 04:53

Really yiu think? Suicide? I haven't heard for sure,,,hmmm bummer.

Well, its not a definite thing, but judging from what I found on this site, it seems like suicide is whats implied:

http://www.sleazeroxx.com/news07/1128dub.shtml

he had been dead for 6 days, and he made some calls earlier to that week ot some people saying "im sorry, i love you. forgive me"
----
- George Carlin
04.12.2007 - 21:40
Oskmrgo83
Oskmrgo83
Wow!, R.I.P., Kevin. No more Cum On Feel The Noize for the world.
----
Now it's time to... rock!!!!!
18.12.2007 - 03:41
Gina73ss
Well I heard today it was not Suicide- it was a Cocaine overdose. DUDE, your 50 years old! Don't do hard drungs like that, man most people grow out of those wild days. Still very sad, I hope he & his family meet up in a better place...
----
Take my hand
You'll never find
Another quite like mine