07. Artemisia
08. The Call Of The Ibis
09. Ritual
10. Loto Nero
11. Nana
12. Winter Rhymes
13. Ave Maria
14. Walking Roots II

Guys and gals, if you're into ethereal music and like dark ambiances, I have something for you. "The Garden Of The Hesperides" is the first album of Hexperos, the band of the founding member of Gothica, Alessandra Santovito. There is nothing Metal here, except that it's really dark and sound Gothic in its spirit. But after all, I'm sure that a lot of people here like to listen to such kind of music so?

The music of Hexperos could perfectly fits in an old horror movie like Nosferatu. We don't have a lot of lyrics except some angelical vocals produced by Alessandra Santovito and all in all, this album is matter of ambiances, really dark ambiances. Perfect to represent winter and desolate lands, the music of Hexperos is extremely sad and dark but if you like to listen to ethereal music and real gothic stuff, this album will definitely be a must for you. It's maybe not so complex with only some violins and harp and then the voice of Alessandra but let me tell you that it's scary and that it just works. If you like to listen to disturbing music, if you like to enter in some kind of ambiances when you listen to your stereo (a bit like with some bands like Dead Can Dance), don't miss it.

On the other hand, even if the songs are really well done for such kind of music, it can be really boring for some of you. I mean that after all, it's only ambient music so don't except anything really catchy here. Plus, if you're not into "world" music, I doubt that this album which is all but not easy of access will be like a revelation for you. It's something for the aficionados of the genre only and its really elitist spirit will not be helpful for the band unfortunately.

If you're into Ethereal and Gothic music, don't wait anymore, "The Garden Of The Hesperides" is a solid album in the genre. On the other hand it's not easy of access and will only convince the fans of the genre. "The Garden Of The Hesperides" is a good album but for the fans of the genre only and for all the ones who like cold and sad (but beautiful!) music.

Rating breakdown
Performance: 7
Songwriting: 7
Originality: 8
Production: 8

Written by Jeff | 29.11.2007

Comments

Comments: 4   Visited by: 4 users
29.11.2007 - 23:34
Talvi

I like this reviews: at the start, you already say what I wanna hear: more dark ambient. I'm getting this as soon as possible
----
My account on other musical pages:
http://www.last.fm/user/Pozito/
http://rateyourmusic.com/~Talvi
30.11.2007 - 02:36
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Interesting you put this up... just yesterday I found them via the myspace page of Poets To Their Beloved... I have a feeling that I would actually have preferred the older Gothica releases, but this certainly seems worth the look. Alessandra is a natural at this type of music and vocal style
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
14.12.2007 - 17:19
FOOCK Nam

Written by Jason W. on 30.11.2007 at 02:36

Interesting you put this up... just yesterday I found them via the myspace page of Poets To Their Beloved... I

Can you give me the myspace link of Hexperos, I checked Poets To Their Beloved but failed finding.
14.12.2007 - 17:21
FOOCK Nam

Oh, its ok now. I just found it from Equilibirum myspace,
Edit: this band is somehow, like Secret Garden

Hits total: 5830 | This month: 24