Metal Storm logo
Visions Of Atlantis - Part Ways With Two Members, Kamelot Tour Cancelled

The following message, regarding the departure of vocalist Melissa Ferlaak and guitarist Wolfgang Koch, was posted on the official website of Symphonic Metallers Visions Of Atlantis:

"Yes, you read right, Melissa, as well as her boyfriend Wolfgang are not in Visions of Atlantis anymore. We were as much shocked about that as you must be, but it is the sad truth. Some people just don't know what the word commitment means...

We (the remaining rest of VoA) want to appologize to all fans out there who believed in us and supported us, we hope you stay loyal with VoA. Of course we are trying to find a substitute for Melissa, we already have one for Wolfgang (to be announced soon). The show must go on... "

The statements from both Melissa and Wolfgang can be read here.

In the meantime, Thomas Caser, the band's drummer & management, has posted the following statement:

" Kamelot tour is cancelled, they are already looking for a replacement. So to all who have been looking forward to see Visions of Atlantis live - please don't blame it on Visions of Atlantis. Visions of Atlantis will continue and we hope that you all stay with us!

BUT we have some good news for you - our friend WERNER FIEDLER is back in the band! He was mainly responsible for the songwriting of the first two records and we are happy that he's back!!!"

Read more at this location.

Source: visionsofatlantis.com
Band profile: Visions Of Atlantis
Event: Ghost Opera European Tour Part II
Posted: 30.11.2007 by GT

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   Visited by: 21 users
30.11.2007 - 16:23
Bararey
Winter is Coming
OK their timing for leaving the band sucks a bit, I mean there was a tour in the Horizon with Kamelot, hello? bigger exposure...

I can understand the guitarist's departure, him not being inspired in the band anymore, but the vocalist?!
Quote:
And honestly, I don't want to write music with a group that Wolfgang isn't a part of.

Sorry but this is a lame excuse, I feel sorry for the band.
----
"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."
Ser Jorah Mormont
01.12.2007 - 01:14
Princ_Of_Horror

I agree, its a lame excuse..She only went due to the departure of her boyfrind..shitty..I hope they find another good singer, not another band that will just become another Nightwish..
01.12.2007 - 06:42
Oracle
Orcinus
Haha well she didnt last very long did she?!
01.12.2007 - 10:01
annodomini

Trinity was a masterpiece, sad that Melissa left because there is not so much good singers like she was.
----
the riddle wants to be...
02.12.2007 - 04:17
iaberis
Advice Troll
WTF!!?? Who will take their place in the Kamelot tour now???
----
Bitch! Please
02.12.2007 - 04:37
Bararey
Winter is Coming
No replacement has been announced yet, I sure a lot of bands would love the opportunity to tour with Kamelot and Firewind, and if they could not find one, a longer setlist from both bands wouldn't hurt either
----
"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."
Ser Jorah Mormont
04.12.2007 - 14:39
Ernis
狼獾
Effing hilarious....Mel joins VoA, gets a boyfriend and then they both escape leaving others standing behind baffled....all in all I wish Melissa will get involved in some cool new project now.....or perhaps even working with Aesma Daeva again....that would be grand....

Hits total: 3477 | This month: 14