‹‹ Back to the Melodic metal forum Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]
Users visited: 171  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by Baz Anderson on 06.06.2006 at 20:42
I am not sure how many people know Sabaton, but people that went to see Edguy and Dragonforce on their last tour should have seen them open the show.

Sabaton are a traditional heavy/power metal band from Sweden and I think are very good indeed!
On their site, they just have one album listed - 'Primo Victoria' from 2005
but they have recorded other albums that were ignored because they thought they weren't very good or whatever - but there is an album 'Fist For Fight' which is like a compilation of early songs which I think is rather good too.

They are a couple of months away from releasing another album 'Attero Dominatus' which I cant wait to hear.

I hope if there is anyone that doesnt know them reading this - they will listen to a few tracks or something and hopefully get into them.
I think they are going to stick around for a bit - I hope they will anyway.

So tell me what you think of the band and anything else you want to say - news on the new album, anything.
Thanks!

Page 6 of 6

arwestromen

25.05.2012 at 17:55
Got the new album a few days ago and it's GREAT, the swedish version imo is better but the english version kicks some ass as well
----
Don't fuck with sweden
We gave you IKEA
Warman
Erotic Stains

25.05.2012 at 20:13
The best they've done but I knew that already when I first heard about the album. For years I've wanted Sabaton to do something about swedish history, sung in swedish. So here it is. As a future teacher in the history and swedish subjects there's no way I can resist this album. I love swedish history and when it's about Gustav II Adolf and Karl XII it's... just... amazing! My friend who shares my love for all this actually cried when he heard "En livstid i krig".
----

"The Bro Code" article 72: A bro never spell-checks.
Mr. Blonde

26.05.2012 at 01:46
What do you guys think of their cover of Amon Amarth's Twilight of the Thunder God? I'd post up the vid but they keep getting pulled from YT every 5 seconds anyways.
GT
Coffee!!

02.06.2012 at 19:27
I listened to a clip on Amazon earlier today...and to be honest didn't find it to be anything worth mentioning. Might grow on me if I heard the whole song and had the chance to listen to it more than once, but for now it just meh.

Speaking of the new album; In the page for the album here on MS (here) the English version have more then just the cover of Amon Amarth. Any one know where to buy that version? Haven't been able to find it anywhere
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
Stabby

09.06.2012 at 01:18
It's a good cover. Sounds exactly like a Sabaton song, when I first heard it I thought it was just another Sabaton song for about half of the song.

I agree with the comments about history. This album made me go to wikipedia
Valentin B
Iconoclast

19.09.2012 at 23:45
If there ever was a band that's an acquired taste for me, it's Sabaton. I saw them live for the first time this year and it was just a half-hour show. I then got what was so great about this band: dramatic songs (to the point and way beyond the point of cheesiness) but delivered live stunningly, especially this new lineup is quite impressive. I'm also currently listening to "Coat of Arms" (the album) and I'm actually beginning to turn into a big Sabaton fan. They almost remind me of early Hammerfall but with keyboards and a more "epic" sound.
----
Sing me a song, you're a singer
Do me a wrong, you're a bringer of evil.

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]

Login or register to post here.