Metal Storm logo
Sabaton

Original post

Posted by Baz Anderson, 06.06.2006 - 20:42
I am not sure how many people know Sabaton, but people that went to see Edguy and Dragonforce on their last tour should have seen them open the show.

Sabaton are a traditional heavy/power metal band from Sweden and I think are very good indeed!
On their site, they just have one album listed - 'Primo Victoria' from 2005
but they have recorded other albums that were ignored because they thought they weren't very good or whatever - but there is an album 'Fist For Fight' which is like a compilation of early songs which I think is rather good too.

They are a couple of months away from releasing another album 'Attero Dominatus' which I cant wait to hear.

I hope if there is anyone that doesnt know them reading this - they will listen to a few tracks or something and hopefully get into them.
I think they are going to stick around for a bit - I hope they will anyway.

So tell me what you think of the band and anything else you want to say - news on the new album, anything.
Thanks!
21.01.2007 - 21:39
necrovamp
I Missed them, I only got into the gig when they stopped playing, bastard, security letting evryone in late, i heard from someone whod been there it was brilliant i just cant belive i missed it
----
'I'd rather die than go to heaven' - Murderface
22.01.2007 - 08:47
sven_the_impaler
Account deleted
Great band, but I can't find their albums.

HAIL SABATON!
27.01.2007 - 15:49
LeDruide
I've seen them on the Therion/grave Digger tour and talked a bit after the show. They will make a headliner tour around may. The recordings for the next album - not the Metalizer one - should take place in october and they hope it can be released late this year. Sounds good !
30.01.2007 - 13:47
arwestromen
heard they're coming to the Hultsfred festival, I've got to get in, also Ozzy and black label society
----
Don't fuck with sweden
We gave you IKEA
31.01.2007 - 16:09
Stormheart
Account deleted
I have Primo Victoria and its great!!!Metal Machine is the best song.Ill see them tomorrow with Therion and Grave Digger.I hope ill meet the guys.:banger2:
31.01.2007 - 16:15
APOHAKC
The Bard
Yes, I will watch them in five days in Belgrade with Grave Digger and Therion, it is the same tour, but I will be only concetrated on Grave Digger so I doubt I will see much of'em. Maybe some other time, haha
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
31.01.2007 - 16:18
Stormheart
Account deleted
Written by APOHAKC on 31.01.2007 at 16:15

Yes, I will watch them in five days in Belgrade with Grave Digger and Therion, it is the same tour, but I will be only concetrated on Grave Digger so I doubt I will see much of'em. Maybe some other time, haha

Im going because of Grave Digger!Its the concert you have to see!
31.01.2007 - 16:19
Stormheart
Account deleted
But Sabaton is the topic.
31.01.2007 - 16:24
APOHAKC
The Bard
Written by Guest on 31.01.2007 at 16:18

Written by APOHAKC on 31.01.2007 at 16:15

Im going because of Grave Digger!Its the concert you have to see!

Yeah, me too, fuck Therion, yes Sabaton is topic so, I like Sabaton, they are good band, blah,blah,blah...
Excalibur...
----
06.02.2007 - 14:47
APOHAKC
The Bard
I watched Sabaton last night and they were very good, much better then Therion, I get bored from Therion like a fetus, Sabaton played some of new songs but most of them was from first album, they played 7 songs and it was real pleasure to talk and take a photos with guys after the show. I will sure look forward to see them again on some concert where they won't be in the shadow of bigger bands.
----
07.02.2007 - 15:21
LeDruide
Written by virtual-x on 04.02.2007 at 22:23

the new album "metalizer" is not realy new.
similar songs from old albums.

Sure, it is on album from 2002 : "This album was recorded as early as 2002 but until today it has not been released."
The really new album should be recorded in october.
07.02.2007 - 16:24
Baz Anderson
Staff
the bonus disc will be useless to me...
i already have 'Fist For Fight'.. the real thing as well
07.02.2007 - 18:26
APOHAKC
The Bard
@Virtual X and other Sabaton fans, hey I know I promised some pics from Serbian show so here there are, sorry for the low quality it was Awesome!!!

----
11.02.2007 - 05:39
Daru Jericho
I also had the pleasure of seeing them live last month (finally). They sure do put on an exciting show. They even dedicated a track to the DragonForce boys. Suck ups
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

11.02.2007 - 14:08
APOHAKC
The Bard
@Daru Jericho haha, I talked with Doggen from Thunderbolt and he said that Thunderbolt and Sabaton are making their own tour so it will be great to see these two great bands on tour, without headliners so they can play longer and show everything they know.
----
11.02.2007 - 17:05
Baz Anderson
Staff
that would be good! the only thing i have to be concerned about is if they are going to play any shows a bit nearer the middle of the country - so it is easier for me to get to
27.05.2008 - 12:02
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
The band was recommended to me by a friend and since they're playing at Wacken this year I thought 'why not and checked them out.' I found their 2007 album Metalizer and damn it's good...I'm definitely getting some more of their stuff and I'm also attending their Wacken-show
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
27.05.2008 - 21:26
Bas
Retired Staff
Elite
fuck, that new album they're bringing out is listenable on myspace and it's fucking HORRIBLE

such a shame, we have lost one of the greatest power metal bands...
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
27.05.2008 - 22:04
albatros
Written by Bas on 27.05.2008 at 21:26

fuck, that new album they're bringing out is listenable on myspace and it's fucking HORRIBLE

Undeniably it's currently listenable on myspace. Else I disagree with every single word you said. This album is full to the brim with bombastic, mega catchy hymns. I love it for that, like I loved the earlier Manowar albums 20 years ago. These refrains will make history.
27.05.2008 - 22:12
Bas
Retired Staff
Elite
Written by albatros on 27.05.2008 at 22:04

Written by Bas on 27.05.2008 at 21:26

Undeniably it's currently listenable on myspace. Else I disagree with every single word you said. This album is full to the brim with bombastic, mega catchy hymns. I love it for that, like I loved the earlier Manowar albums 20 years ago. These refrains will make history.

imho the keyboards are just way too much, they destroy everything that makes sabaton special to me... if you compare it to the first album, the keyboard is almost purely background there, here it seems there's not much else than keyboard and vocals....
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
28.05.2008 - 02:13
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
I get the Art Of War Cd recently and it sounded great, even when the vocalist doesn't have the typical Power metal voice sound he has a lost of force.

Also my favorite song is Metalizer and it keep sounds every day , i never get tired of listen it.
28.05.2008 - 11:00
albatros
Written by Bas on 27.05.2008 at 22:12

imho the keyboards are just way too much, they destroy everything that makes sabaton special to me... if you compare it to the first album, the keyboard is almost purely background there, here it seems there's not much else than keyboard and vocals....

Okay, I can see your point clearly now. Indeed the keyboards have a prominent role on this album and he who doesn't like that, will be put off.
28.05.2008 - 16:00
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
The massive use of keyboards are what makes it a bit repetitive as I said in the news about the album streaming, but I still wouldn't call the album horrible...it still has it's qualities even though I agree that the amount of keyboards are a bit to much
----

29.05.2008 - 00:02
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
I have listened to the whole album, and I was a little bit disappointed.
The repetitive use of keyboards and the fact that they are so much forward is rather harmful. At several moments they mask and return the music draft instead of stressing its impact (as it was the case on their previous works).
18.06.2008 - 19:37
FeskarN
"The Art Of War" has much more keyboards and sounds much more symphonic. But I like it, most of it. Missing some good riffs like their previous albums have. But over all "The Art Of War" is a great album. But my favorite album is "Attreo Dominatus" and i will see them live very soon.
----
The Land Is Silent... Before The Storm!
23.06.2008 - 23:25
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
i found them today...but they are the best thing that ever could meet me
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

30.07.2008 - 23:34
Sostoa
It was a surprise for me when I first saw them. It was with Dragonforce and Edguy, and even if they played just 3 songs, of course Primo Victoria, they were the best band by far during they night. And of course I bought the Cd in there and I was even lucky because they signed it to me. After that I saw them with Grave Digger and Therion and again, for me at least, they were just the best. The third timeit was simply incredible. They came to the Basque Country with Thunderbolt and we were about 25 guys watching the show. Nevermind, they gave everything they had and it was one of the best live gigs I've ever seen.

I bought the Art Of War (the limited editon) and I think that even if there are some changes, mostly more keyboards, the album is great. 40:1 or Union are gonna be for sure new hymns and I expect they will play them live. And about the voice, what can I say, some kind of new Udo (remember Metal Machine) and a good frontman. I hope they will come during the tour
05.08.2008 - 15:20
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
They gave a kick arse show at Wacken last week. It was one of the highlights of the festival for me
----

08.08.2008 - 18:28
Icarus
!PROSLACKER!
i just discovered this band and man is the primo victoria album awesome!! its very different from any other heavy metal ive heard thou..
----
-At live's eve our flames will cease-
13.08.2008 - 03:30
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Staff
Okay I was not familiar with this band until a week ago... so my opinions are only based on the latest album, but they definitely seem like a band that would be great live, but on CD they get a little tiring. The lyrics are pretty epic, but not particularly intellectual or original unfortunately. The vocals are inspired but the lack of killer guitar riffs to balance out all the symphonic parts really hurts the CD as a whole. Good listen though and I'd check them out live for sure...
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley