Metal Storm logo
The Crown

06.06.2006 - 21:04
Baz Anderson

The Crown have been disbanded a while now - but I always find myself listening to them again and again.
They are one of my favorite death metal bands that there has ever been - so I dont want them forgotten now they arent making albums any more.
The first thee albums in my opinion arent all that spectacular, but the next one 'Deathrace King' is one of my all time favorite albums.
It is fantastic, it is like good old traditional death metal with something extra in there as well. Every song on there is a good one!
'Crowned In Terror'/'Crowned Unholy' and 'Possessed 13' are brilliant albums as well.
my version of 'Crowned Unholy' has a DVD of a full show recorded in some dingy German place - which is very entertaining and very good. its a shame the sound isnt brilliant, but it isnt bad.

So tell me what you think of The Crown - favorite albums or anything you like.
Thanks!
08.06.2006 - 10:57
Mindheist
No Longer Human
Great sound,i currently have Possessed 13,it really deserves to be listened specially "Bow To None","Are You Morbid","Dream Bloody Hell","In Memoriam" and "Natashead Overdrive"...Almost all the tracks,still looking for the rest of the disco.
08.06.2006 - 22:41
Baz Anderson

haha yeh, the whole album does really
'Deathrace King' is by far my favorite Crown album though. it is fantastic

there doesnt seem to be much interest in them any more now though which is a shame
09.06.2006 - 02:42
Richard

The Crown was certainly a good band, I've got most of their albums (including one of the early ones where they were called Crown Of Thorns). Actually I think of The Crown as Thrash rather than strictly Death Metal, and their later releases also had elements of a kind of dirty Motorhead feel in some songs.

Deathrace King was very good, but overall I prefer the previous album Hell Is Here. The production is a bit rough, and the drums sound a bit canny, but that adds to its appeal IMO. Lots of energy and catchy songwriting, with good riffs and some hints of melody.
----
09.06.2006 - 03:15
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Deathrace King would be in my all time top 5 favorite albums. The vocals are great, the guitar solos are badass, and the song structures in general are impressive. It's a shame that they broke up, but at least we have side projects to look forward to.
09.06.2006 - 06:05
mvikred

i like this band mainly for plain simple rage .. yet maintaining the melody ... i really like the drummer too, pulls of some really good stuff. there were times wen i hung onto possessed 13 and deathrace king for weeks together. and i like crowned unholly better than crowned in terror, cuz the vocals are much better in crowned unholy. its the same guys vocals who sang on possessed 13 and deathrace king. for some reason , somebody else sang on crowned in terror.... hence the album was re-recorded with the original vocalist.

mvikred
----
I'm addicted to Technical Death Metal ... Somebody save me
09.06.2006 - 07:18
ASiema113

I heard one of the songs off of Crowned Unholy and it was kickass and last time I went to BestBuy I previewed some of their tracks think I'll buy one of their albums soon when I get the cash.
----

Written by Guest on 18.01.2008 at 09:05

People are always at their very best when they're dead.
09.06.2006 - 07:51
JoeDoom
Account deleted
This is by far one of the most worthless bands. A prime example of the lack of musicianship in mindless bang your head metal. Not only did they choose their then trendy dulled thrashy Gothenburg style without any thought from their scene but everything they do is counter productive towards music. Fans of bands like these with their immature undeveloped thoughtless tastes flood the scene with teens creating and worshipping absolute genericism.
11.06.2006 - 03:07
Baz Anderson

ooh - i have 'Hell Is Here' but havent really given it much attention. i will certainly have to listen to it again!

JoeDoom: what are you on about?
i dont think you know the band properly, or maybe you are thinking of a different band or something
but you really cant call us immature and having undeveloped thoughts. i think you must be pretty immature as you put it for just mindlessly classing anyone who lies one band as just typically inferior
The Crown are certainly not a big band, and have a lot less fans then a lot of other bands!
11.06.2006 - 03:16
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Guest on 09.06.2006 at 07:51

This is by far one of the most worthless bands. A prime example of the lack of musicianship in mindless bang your head metal. Not only did they choose their then trendy dulled thrashy Gothenburg style without any thought from their scene but everything they do is counter productive towards music. Fans of bands like these with their immature undeveloped thoughtless tastes flood the scene with teens creating and worshipping absolute genericism.

It's fucking annoying when ignorant people make claims like these without any legitimate support. Counter-productive? Immature? Undeveloped? How?? They have great song structures, every musician is great at what they play, and they were consistent.
15.06.2006 - 14:23
Baz Anderson

exactly!
i think he must be one of those insulting people by nature. oh well

so what do people think to One Man Army And The Undead Quartet? - the new band Johan Lindstrand has started
i have their album and it took a whle to sort of get into, but i think it is really quite good
really not as good as The Crown though
16.06.2006 - 01:29
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
No, I haven't heard them yet. Can you describe how they sound?
17.06.2006 - 22:46
Baz Anderson

ummm.. im never good at describing bands - but they are kind of death metal like, like The Crown but they sound a bit more commercial and predictable

my favorite track from the album is 'So Grim So True So Real' - so if you want to just have a little listen, give that one a go
they are good - but just not as good as The Crown
22.06.2006 - 01:40
SepulchralOath
Account deleted
Written by mvikred on 09.06.2006 at 06:05

i like this band mainly for plain simple rage .. yet maintaining the melody ... i really like the drummer too, pulls of some really good stuff. there were times wen i hung onto possessed 13 and deathrace king for weeks together. and i like crowned unholly better than crowned in terror, cuz the vocals are much better in crowned unholy. its the same guys vocals who sang on possessed 13 and deathrace king. for some reason , somebody else sang on crowned in terror.... hence the album was re-recorded with the original vocalist.

mvikred

Tomas Lindberg (ex-At the Gates for those who dont know) did the vocals for Crowned in Terror. Johan Lindstrand was the original vocalist and did the vocals for every other album, including Crowned Unholy, which was, like you said, a remake of Crowned in Terror just with Lindstrand performing the vocals.

Anyways, does anybody have their new DVD, 13 Years of No Tomorrow? I saw that in the store the other day and was debating whether to pick it up or not...looks fairly interesting.

And One Man Army and the Undead Quartet is pretty kickass. Of course no The Crown, but still really awesome stuff.
22.06.2006 - 02:35
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I just checked out One Man... and I thought it was alright. But like Baz and Sepulchral Oath said, it's not as good as The Crown.
28.06.2006 - 14:54
kackbratze

Yeah, they rule! I just had "Possessed 13" until now, but now I have "Crowned in Terror" and it's good stuff, I should have gotten it earlier. Do you think "Crowned Unholy" with the vocals of the "original" vocalist is better? I like his vocals...
29.06.2006 - 00:20
Daru Jericho

I've heard One Man Quartet and I didn't like them. I haven't heard The Crown though. I'm guessing they're a lot better.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

06.07.2006 - 02:45
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Baz Anderson on 17.06.2006 at 22:46

ummm.. im never good at describing bands - but they are kind of death metal like, like The Crown but they sound a bit more commercial and predictable

my favorite track from the album is 'So Grim So True So Real' - so if you want to just have a little listen, give that one a go
they are good - but just not as good as The Crown

I would describe Undead Quartett in the vein of Arch enemy, because they have a veery similiar sound. I must say though that I prefer UQ over Arch Enemy
06.07.2006 - 11:28
Baz Anderson

yeh, i am not much of an Arch Enemy fan really.. their last album just lost me

Daru Jericho: yes. The Crown are much better.. haha - start off with 'Deathrace King' 'Possessed 13' and 'Crowned Unholy'
they are very good indeed - you will like them
07.07.2006 - 01:17
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I thought Crowned Unholy was a step down from their previous albums, except Crowned in Terror because that one doesn't count.
28.11.2006 - 08:10
crown
Account deleted
The Crown to me is the epitome of Deathmetal.
The best, the super best, the cream.
I heard them first on a Terrorizer mag, cd.... Back from the grave was the song. So I bought Deathracekind ....And eversince...then I have been hungry for more.. So I recently bought Crowned in Terror and Possessed 13, [i never had the money back then to buy these albums]. Shit what absolutely brilliant material.
I want to buy the tee-shirt Crenom..... If anyone can help me out [nowthat the band is no more and their website doesn't exist] to get the tee-shirt I'd be mighty appreciative!
PLS PLS PLS!!!!!!!!!!!
23.12.2006 - 02:59
impaler
Account deleted
The Crown = The Best Band Ever

Deathraceking = The Best Album

The Crown is for sure one of my favorites bands and I will keep listening to them until I am dead!!!

Can someone help me to find The One Man Army...
28.12.2006 - 11:55
Baz Anderson

i had another go with The Crown this morning - i havent listened to them in white a while so it was goodto go back to them again
i had 'Possessed 13' on and i was laid there in death metal heaven again. hahaha
17.01.2007 - 09:40
crown
Account deleted
I recently got Crowned Unholy [the one with the extra dvd] and 13Years Of No Tomorrow.
Guys, can you please explain to me how come Crowned Unholy is better than the earlier Crowned In Terror????
I mean... Check Jonas L on The Speed Of Darkness, then check Johan on The Speed of Darkness [off the later version]..... I found the newer version so funny.... whilst the older one had aggro!!
IMO Crowned in Terror is way way way way superior compared to Crowned Unholy
And about the 13 years... DVD .......... BRILLIANT!!! Just amazing.

I love The Crown.
And am still searching high and low for the tees Crenom and Creath.....

'So violent I catch fire!!! Fire, inside me!'
17.01.2007 - 14:40
Baz Anderson

really? i only have 'Crowned Unholy' - i didnt bother with 'Crowned In Terror'..
is it worth me getting that album as well, even though it is pretty much the same stuff?
12.04.2007 - 17:05
hein
Account deleted
check
http://www.RememberTheGods.de
for a The Crown Tribute Page
12.04.2007 - 18:29
APOHAKC
The Bard
This is what I call mighty and powerful Death METAL band, I have only two albums but they are awesome. Especially love their riffs and drum rhytms. Not like many Death Metal bands, they have their sound, unique sound I'll call it...
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
30.04.2007 - 19:38
Baz Anderson

still love this band..
I just got their '14 Years Of No Tomorrow' triple DVD set..
not watched it yet though but I expect this to be brilliant
01.05.2007 - 05:15
Nazeef

THE CROWN!!!!!
Killing without a weapon, they hold the fastest and most assasin riffs I've never heard.
I like the "Deathrace" Album and I admire creativity of the guitar players at the level of Thrashy Rythmics.
ZOMBIFIED, BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL are my favorite tracks.
It's so hurting that this ROCKET had fallen down to no more production, but the tempo is still fastest than Time Itself!!!!!!!!
----
http://www.myspace.com/shallishine
01.05.2007 - 05:49
Baz Anderson

I just find it so upsetting that such a fantastic band never really got the exposure and attention they deserved..
the guy thats in One Man Army... totally ruled out any chance of a Crown reunion as well..
it would make it better if One Man Army And The Undead Quartet were any good but they arent..