04. The Thing With The Multipresent Location
05. Two Common Errors And A Single Sore Spot
06. Heart's Blood For Miles & More
07. Last-Ditch Attempts Are Azonic
08. At Buyer's Request, Risk And Expense
09. Part II: Circulate In Liquid Footprints
10. Glorification
11. Your Sakura

It's strange to see that nowadays, some labels (like Restrain) release Black Metal albums like Emo/Punk stuff? I will not talk about money and business and will only believe that it's only a matter of open-minded people? If we didn't have a lot of Emo/Punk bands in Europe, we have now Auxitt which comes from Germany and plays a pure American EMO/Punk... Damn I already have shivers in my spine...

"Your Sakura" is like a living clichés? Of course, all the songs have these kinds of really commercial choruses with hyper melodic melodies. The riffs are soft and it sounds like a ton of Emo/Punk bands from America. Some songs of the album like "Standalone Lyric Supremacy" have some good ideas and some touches of craziness which are not so bad in the end but it's definitely too Punk/Pop and Emo to be enjoyable by someone who like to listen to complex Metal in general. That's simple, for me an album like "Your Sakura" is too generic and too "easy" to be interesting except if you use to listen to Emo/Punk. Yes, if you're a fan of this kind of music "Your Sakura" is probably not a bad release and after all, maybe that you'll discover a band for you so have a look on it and maybe that it will be be ok for you, but if you cannot stand this emo wave, please go away!

If you believe that I only like to listen to Metal bands and brutal stuff, I'm sorry but I will tell to you that I really enjoy rock bands like Muse and that I love Incubus. But you know what, these bands even if they're really mainstream have good ideas and they have a strong personality, Auxitt is just a new combo of Emo/Punk and it didn't give me the feeling that I miss something if don't listen to them and all their cousins. I concede that in the style, "Your Sakura" is maybe a good release but even if I'm open minded and if I don't care to listen to "soft" music I just had the feeling that I was listening to a new Jimmy Eat World or Fall Out Boy? did we need something like that again? I don't think so?

What can I add? I have nothing against Auxitt really, but I'm sorry I just can't listen to such kind of uninspired music. I know that some people love it, good for them (and with a lot of honesty I will recommend to them this release then), but I don't see why I should praise this album when you know that a lot of other bands which are a lot more inspired and original will never find a deal with some labels and will, of course, never be played on the radios. It's a choice to play Punk Rock I believe that Auxitt do that because they love to do it but for me there is nothing interesting in this release and I will go away as soon as possible?

Rating breakdown
Performance: 5
Songwriting: 4
Originality: 3
Production: 8

Written by Jeff | 03.12.2007

Comments

Comments: 10   Visited by: 16 users
03.12.2007 - 20:31
Queen Of Hippies
Account deleted
Even the cover is emo! Run away people!
03.12.2007 - 21:58
Promonex
Cathemeral
So now it has reached Germany and Metal Storm at the very same time. Guess there's no running away for me in this case...
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
03.12.2007 - 22:50
GT
Coffee!!
@Promonex: but at least we're warned thanks to Jeff

And yeah that cover is so emo
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
04.12.2007 - 00:53
Damnated
Churchburner
Lol?
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
04.12.2007 - 01:27
Opium
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 03.12.2007 at 20:31

Even the cover is emo! Run away people!

Hahahaha, agreed
04.12.2007 - 01:36
Rupert

I don't think I'd like this album at all, but I bet the performance is better than a 5.
Were you forced into reviewing this one Jeff?
04.12.2007 - 02:18
Bararey
Winter is Coming
Sakura is the name of a really good sushi restaurant in Kuwait, hmmm sounds good I guess dinner is settled. It's good I read this review, just in time
----
"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."
Ser Jorah Mormont
04.12.2007 - 05:29
Syk
myspace/bonerama
I actually kind of like the cover...

I'm quite confused by the review though. Is it the new wave of pop music, or is it actually emocore? I really hope the label sees this web page, or at least reads the review... all elitism aside, I don't think stuff should be on this site if it has absolutely nothing to do with metal
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
06.12.2007 - 01:23
BORT

emo is awful
30.08.2009 - 22:29
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Why emo/punk band is reviewed and featured on MS
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

Hits total: 3076 | This month: 6