Metal Storm logo
Quiet Riot

Original post

Posted by Ellrohir, 04.12.2007 - 23:03
I am reading the sad news about Kevin DuBrow's death and see, that this band still dont have even its own topic

80-ties were great era and Quiet Riot are great too

and according to me Cum On Feel The Noize is the very best song of GTA: Vice City soundtrack (though "mega-songs" like 2 Minutes To Midnight or Bark At The Moon are included too)
05.07.2008 - 22:06
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Guest on 05.07.2008 at 21:54

Written by Doc G. on 05.07.2008 at 21:49

Written by Guest on 05.07.2008 at 21:31

How aren't you biased, you're defending Quiet Riot for god's sake. I love how you change your tone from one post to the next. If that doesn't mean defeat I dont know what does. You seem to completely misunderstand me, I said I listened to the first few Quiet Riot cds, and I didn't care for it at all. You seem to not be able to understand how one could not like Quiet Riot, which shows further Bias. Quiet Riot has always sucked, and no matter what form the band takes, they will suck too. A lot of metal heads see them as nothing more than a pop metal outfit.

I was defending Quiet Riot, there is nothing biased about that, I was not trying to make you like them. You came in here because apparently you had nothing better to do with your time than bash a band. And defeat? I proved you wrong on almost every single one of your ignorant complaints about the band. Your being quite a hypocrite here, your just as if not more biased than me, at least I brought actual fact into the argument instead of childish insults against the band.

Actual fact? Childish Insults? As for actual fact, all you ever said was something anyone could know regardless of even hearing of this band. I could of guessed it was the record label trying to make money. The only other thing you said was that they worked with some credible musicians, wooptey fucking do. You didn't even randy rhoads played for them. If anything that seems like a poser to me...And childish insults? Read your first post buddy, and please do tell me what you proved me wrong on, I'm anxious to hear. Also I'm curious how I'm being hypocritical here, oh do tell me wise one.

Ok, I'll end it like this; if you can show me one post you made where you actually made a valid point that isn't a childish insult to the band or me. They were a band that had a grocery list of credible musicians as members, what else am I supposed to say here? How in the fuck does knowing the members of a band I like make me a poser? Another point - So the fact that they had great musicians in the band is just a marketing point for the labels? Thats ridiculous, they're only playing small clubs near the end, and I was alive during their careers climax, yet I can still appreciate the great musicians appearing on each album.

About you being a hypocrite, how is me saying they were good any more biased than you saying they sucked? Seriously, I look back on this argument and its completely ridiculous that you ignore actual fact being put right under your nose and you still have the nerve to call me a biased idiot. I actually find it pretty funny.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
05.07.2008 - 22:16
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Written by Doc G. on 05.07.2008 at 22:06

Written by Guest on 05.07.2008 at 21:54

Written by Doc G. on 05.07.2008 at 21:49

Written by Guest on 05.07.2008 at 21:31

How aren't you biased, you're defending Quiet Riot for god's sake. I love how you change your tone from one post to the next. If that doesn't mean defeat I dont know what does. You seem to completely misunderstand me, I said I listened to the first few Quiet Riot cds, and I didn't care for it at all. You seem to not be able to understand how one could not like Quiet Riot, which shows further Bias. Quiet Riot has always sucked, and no matter what form the band takes, they will suck too. A lot of metal heads see them as nothing more than a pop metal outfit.

I was defending Quiet Riot, there is nothing biased about that, I was not trying to make you like them. You came in here because apparently you had nothing better to do with your time than bash a band. And defeat? I proved you wrong on almost every single one of your ignorant complaints about the band. Your being quite a hypocrite here, your just as if not more biased than me, at least I brought actual fact into the argument instead of childish insults against the band.

Actual fact? Childish Insults? As for actual fact, all you ever said was something anyone could know regardless of even hearing of this band. I could of guessed it was the record label trying to make money. The only other thing you said was that they worked with some credible musicians, wooptey fucking do. You didn't even randy rhoads played for them. If anything that seems like a poser to me...And childish insults? Read your first post buddy, and please do tell me what you proved me wrong on, I'm anxious to hear. Also I'm curious how I'm being hypocritical here, oh do tell me wise one.

Ok, I'll end it like this; if you can show me one post you made where you actually made a valid point that isn't a childish insult to the band or me. They were a band that had a grocery list of credible musicians as members, what else am I supposed to say here? How in the fuck does knowing the members of a band I like make me a poser? Another point - So the fact that they had great musicians in the band is just a marketing point for the labels? Thats ridiculous, they're only playing small clubs near the end, and I was alive during their careers climax, yet I can still appreciate the great musicians appearing on each album.

About you being a hypocrite, how is me saying they were good any more biased than you saying they sucked? Seriously, I look back on this argument and its completely ridiculous that you ignore actual fact being put right under your nose and you still have the nerve to call me a biased idiot. I actually find it pretty funny.

Your actual fact in no way shape or form, shaped this argument, nor made an impact, so therefore completely irrelevant. Well for starters, I said I listened to the first few albums of this band, and stated something even you didn't know til last year. What I meant was I find it very hard for someone to like a band as much as you say you did, and not even know that someone as famous as Randy Rhoads played for them. You have in no form advanced this argument from what it really is, pointless banter. There aren't a lot of people who listen to actual metal (I'm not saying you dont listen to actual metal), who dont like this band, far more than those who do (like yourself). If anything I'll admit that neither have won this argument (Your irrelevant facts, my listening and disliking this band), so perhaps were to keep it at that, but if you wish to continue with this "pointless banter" in which you know this is, then be my guest.
05.07.2008 - 22:28
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
@VariusMaiden
Ive never been a big Ozzy fan, but always enjoy Randys guitar work, but not enough to look to deep into his career. Its almost the same with Quiet Riot, I used to listen to them quite a bit, but didn't really look through the musicians until about a year ago when I started to listen to them on more than a casual level.

Quote:
There aren't a lot of people who listen to actual metal (I'm not saying you dont listen to actual metal), who dont like this band, far more than those who do (like yourself)

Speaking of complete irrelevance....
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
15.11.2008 - 06:33
Metalbound7

Great band, Cum on feel the noize and Bang your Head (Metal Health) are just legends in the Hall Of Metal R.I.P. Kevin DuBrow. Go and take your place in the Halls of the Metal Valhalla just at the side of Bon Scott, Dimbag Darrel, Chuk, Euronymus, Rhandy and our other brothers. Amen
08.03.2009 - 03:35
DayFly

Written by Guest on 05.07.2008 at 22:16

Your actual fact in no way shape or form, shaped this argument, nor made an impact, so therefore completely irrelevant. Well for starters, I said I listened to the first few albums of this band, and stated something even you didn't know til last year. What I meant was I find it very hard for someone to like a band as much as you say you did, and not even know that someone as famous as Randy Rhoads played for them. You have in no form advanced this argument from what it really is, pointless banter. There aren't a lot of people who listen to actual metal (I'm not saying you dont listen to actual metal), who dont like this band, far more than those who do (like yourself). If anything I'll admit that neither have won this argument (Your irrelevant facts, my listening and disliking this band), so perhaps were to keep it at that, but if you wish to continue with this "pointless banter" in which you know this is, then be my guest.

You now, I should have the good sense not feed the troll again, especially if he's doing a well deserved hibernation in the land of flowercore. But why on earth did you ever look into a Quiet Riot thread if you hated the band anyway?