Metal Storm logo
Altar of Scion

Original post

Posted by BurbotsRevenge, 05.12.2007 - 05:48
Hey everyone, I'm parrt of a melodeath/thrash band from Sydney, Australia, and we are searching for a basist and a vocalist (for harsh vocals). you can check out what sort of stuff were into at here

influences include CoB, kalmah, norther, wintersun, amon amarth, arch enemy, metallica, slayer etc.

PM for more details
31.01.2008 - 13:10
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Written by BurbotsRevenge on 31.01.2008 at 11:47
predictable?? how so? what u mean by that?
A couple of the melodic and rhythmic patterns sounded overly basic, simply stepping along a scale etc. Specifically the little [parts of] sections around 0:40 and 2:40. The rest of it rocks though.
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
12.02.2008 - 12:20
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
good news! the band has been accepted into the local battle of the bands competition out of 40 bands entering, we were 1 of 12 picked to play, so we've got a gig coming up at Jannali, south sydney... so if anyone's interested... or lives close by, come along!

www.myspace.com/altarofscion

our new myspace - got a copy of song with lyrics (just a basic recording of mind you) but yeh check it out and add us etc.
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
17.02.2008 - 00:01
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
a possible logo for the band:

may just be temporary but yeh tell us what u think
----
17.02.2008 - 00:14
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
I think you should not mix the individual words, but rather put them below each other. They can overlap a bit, but not overlap completely.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
17.02.2008 - 02:10
Fhuesc
I agree with Nervel, the way they are now, it's a bit confusing, i couldn't find "OF"
----
Hasta la victoria, siempre!
Until victory, always!
17.02.2008 - 11:05
Fuath
i think maybe a pic of some sort along with the words

@fhuesc: "of" was the first word i noticed
----
FRACTALS!!!!!

04.05.2008 - 05:58
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
the band is now is serious need of a voclaist... we have currently about 6/7 or so songs of just music written and we would love to do some refcording, but first we need a vocalist...

we are looking for a vocalist who can growl: both low deep growls, and high shriek-like vocals (similar to early kalmah/early CoB etc.)

for more information contact me at the_manonthehill@hotmail.com or post a message here

some of our songs (guitar only):

THE FALLEN ONES

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=m78jnwKad04

GRAVE OF TRUTH

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=H27a8bsyulA

SIGN OF DEATH

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=U5UJt0JVTFY
----
02.06.2008 - 12:16
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
We have now officially found our vocalist!!

and at our myspace page www.myspace.com/altarofscion you can find "end of betrayal" with newly added vocals

tell us what you think of the song now

----
02.06.2008 - 18:49
Rozz
i was interested in vocal spot but cloud not do it since im moving to finland in 3 weeks time haha but good luck with ya band!
03.06.2008 - 13:16
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
Written by Rozz on 02.06.2008 at 18:49

i was interested in vocal spot but cloud not do it since im moving to finland in 3 weeks time haha but good luck with ya band!

haha cool, thanks man

have a good time in finland - lots of gigs over there for sure
----
03.06.2008 - 14:52
Rozz
Written by BurbotsRevenge on 03.06.2008 at 13:16

Written by Rozz on 02.06.2008 at 18:49

haha cool, thanks man

have a good time in finland - lots of gigs over there for sure

to right there will be so many gigs hehe gonna have to find a sweet as folk band
07.06.2008 - 08:38
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
I'm sorry but I don't like the vocals. I don't want to sound harsh but, well, I think that your vocalist needs to seek out proper training in gutteral technique, because it really resembles more of a hoarse whisper than a growel. It may also help if you balanced out the vocal level with the other instruments, it seemed to be overiding everything else, and that was a real detractor.

Once more, I don't want to be harsh, only help with my critisism. I always dig your riffs, and I like the riff to that song alot, but I think the vocal could use alot of improvement.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
28.01.2009 - 07:10
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
Written by Arian Totalis on 07.06.2008 at 08:38

I'm sorry but I don't like the vocals. I don't want to sound harsh but, well, I think that your vocalist needs to seek out proper training in gutteral technique, because it really resembles more of a hoarse whisper than a growel. It may also help if you balanced out the vocal level with the other instruments, it seemed to be overiding everything else, and that was a real detractor.

Once more, I don't want to be harsh, only help with my critisism. I always dig your riffs, and I like the riff to that song alot, but I think the vocal could use alot of improvement.

havent visited here in a while but, yeh weve now got a new vocalist and bassist, and got a couple of new tracks up at www.myspace.com/altarofscion

check em out and see what you think of the new vocalist i think he's awesome!
----
28.01.2009 - 08:07
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by BurbotsRevenge on 28.01.2009 at 07:10

havent visited here in a while but, yeh weve now got a new vocalist and bassist, and got a couple of new tracks up at www.myspace.com/altarofscion

Nice, the intro to "Sign of Death" Needs some brushing up on, but imo you did a GREAT job with your improvements. I'll be looking forward to future tracks
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

28.01.2009 - 08:32
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
Written by Arian Totalis on 28.01.2009 at 08:07

Written by BurbotsRevenge on 28.01.2009 at 07:10

Nice, the intro to "Sign of Death" Needs some brushing up on, but imo you did a GREAT job with your improvements. I'll be looking forward to future tracks

yeh thanks, we are really happy with the vocalist, seems to really fit in with our music and sounds brutal as well! but yeh, we are planning on doing a couple of gigs here and there, and hopefully record some more stuff professionally (those were home recorded)

but yeh thanks heaps for the feedback
----
29.01.2009 - 00:46
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
No Prob
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

29.01.2009 - 09:30
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
A pretty cool new track. I just think it should have some real shredding by you, burbot. Good job!
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
14.02.2009 - 08:15
Throne Dweller
Well, this hardly sounds like Melodeath. It's like a death/black hybrid. And yes, I'm trying to imagine it in higher quality, it still sounds like a black/death mix.

I'm from Australia too, working on my own band. I'll disclose all information once we practice up a bit more. [We're entering Victoria, Werribee's Battle heat in April]

Anywho, protip: Making the vocals echo like that just makes it sound incredibly unprofessional. Most bands who do that don't do it to THAT degree, it's too far deep.

Oh, never mind. Basically everything I've just said is revolving around the second song on your Myspace, which just was played first for some reason, but just ended.
07.03.2009 - 03:19
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
We've now finished recording our demo; DEMOnic Visions, and all five tracks can be found on our myspace:

www.myspace.com/altarofscion

Check 'em out and tell us what you think...

remember they're all home recorded
----
11.03.2009 - 19:06
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
I have listened to those five tracks two times, and definitely the fact that they have been recorded at home takes its toll, plus some songs sound a bit "torn." Like the riff changes are sometimes too sharp and kinda destroy the feeling. A more experienced producer and maybe better performance and recording on some songs would definitely be a good thing. I think that you Burbot could do some solos better especially on Sign of Death; not that you have to Malmsteen everything, but still sometimes it feels like you should really shred, which you can. I also wasn't quite satisfied with the drumwork. It seems that the guy can really play in this genre, but he often sounds too boring and not aggressive enough. But man, keep up the good work. Good luck.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
12.03.2009 - 06:57
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
Written by K✞ulu on 11.03.2009 at 19:06

I have listened to those five tracks two times, and definitely the fact that they have been recorded at home takes its toll, plus some songs sound a bit "torn." Like the riff changes are sometimes too sharp and kinda destroy the feeling. A more experienced producer and maybe better performance and recording on some songs would definitely be a good thing. I think that you Burbot could do some solos better especially on Sign of Death; not that you have to Malmsteen everything, but still sometimes it feels like you should really shred, which you can. I also wasn't quite satisfied with the drumwork. It seems that the guy can really play in this genre, but he often sounds too boring and not aggressive enough. But man, keep up the good work. Good luck.

thanks man, yeh we're really trying to get the drums a lot more aggressive and heavier

thanks for the feedback
----
01.04.2009 - 11:14
Throne Dweller
Since I seem to the be the bearer of negative comments, I'm going to have to say that you should really construct your songs better, they're all over the place.

The drums sound very annoying to me, gives me a headache, and really, so do the guitars.

The Logo/democover doesn't do much to improve the songs either.
14.02.2010 - 06:31
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
Couple of new instrumental tracks showing our new death metal direction, just with a drum machine behind it can be found on our myspace: www.myspace.com/altarofscion
----