Metal Storm logo
Rap music forbidden in Brighton

Original post

Posted by Valentin B, 06.12.2007 - 11:39
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=499691&in_page_id=1770

i'm no rap fan, but this is just lame. how gay-as-shit politically correct can you be???
08.12.2007 - 12:54
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
well, i´d like say only one thing - where the banning and restrictions start, the freedom ends...think about it
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

08.12.2007 - 19:49
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Yeah, while homophibia sucks, I still think this is bullshit. I mean, are we gonna ban death metal for talking about "Murdering people"? Really, it's fucking stupid.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
09.12.2007 - 23:42
Damnated
Churchburner
every action has a reaction. this is natural. homophobic rap is natural in a community where are "many homosexual residents" . this whole situation is gay. no phun intended
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
10.12.2007 - 03:07
Queen Of Hippies
Account deleted
Written by NECURATU on 08.12.2007 at 12:37

The more convinced and resolute you are about a certain aspect and how to make it clear to others, the more of an idiot you are in my eyes.

I'm so proud to be an "idiot".
10.12.2007 - 14:25
NECURATU

Written by Guest on 10.12.2007 at 03:07

Written by NECURATU on 08.12.2007 at 12:37

The more convinced and resolute you are about a certain aspect and how to make it clear to others, the more of an idiot you are in my eyes.

I'm so proud to be an "idiot".

It was pointed at the homophobic idiots and their music (and then moving on to religious leaders, politicians, gay people that really want me to know they bust their asses bla bla) but hey, I won't stop you from considering yourself one.
----
When the sun rises I take my flock on the balks
When the moon rises I tell the woods good night
10.12.2007 - 18:59
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Yes, Homophobia may be wrong, but it's still their right to voice their opinions, and restriction of such will do nothing but make way for the restriction of even more freedoms. I mean, hell, by allowing them to show themselves as homophobic, all they're doing is hurting themselves because they're showing the world just how ignorant they are. People should have the right to say what they want, censorship of any kind is an abhoration and a restriction of freedom.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
10.12.2007 - 20:50
NECURATU

Your right Arian, but I guess there's just too many of us around on square foot for the idea of freedom to retain its absolute aspect. If one's freedom ends where another's begins, you may notice that there isn't much room left outside of yer mind.
----
10.12.2007 - 23:11
Valentin B
Iconoclast
@queen and necuratu please, this is my thread and no-one should discuss who and why is an idiot.
10.12.2007 - 23:31
NECURATU

Allright, sorry mate, I was just voicing an opinion.
----
11.12.2007 - 00:40
Warman
Erotic Stains
Hell yeah! Ban the shit!
Haha, no... but it really is lame.
----
11.12.2007 - 02:04
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
lol! this reminds me of the one line in "The Wrong Nigga To Fuck With" - Ice Cube : "Punk motherfuckers trying to bann hip hop!"

Me as a Bahamian find nothing wrong in using the word faggot or dyke. Yes it's hurtful depending on how you use it, but down here it's normal to use and less Politically Incorrect. Like in "No Vaseline" - Ice Cube, he disses Eazy-E by saying "Little maggot, Eazy-E turned Faggot!" ......and in "It's On" - Eazy-E , he referred to Dr. Dre as a "Fag" (it's a retaliation/diss track) . But using it in that context, I find nothing wrong with it.

On a serious note, Gay people don't have to listen to it! This is just like if Christians were to bann Venom's music! Music is freedom of speech, even if it is white power music, a person ov color doesn't have to hear it if he/she doesn't want to. 90% of the time when the word, "Faggot" is used in a song, it almost never means homosexual, but rather a pussy or a wimp....... Didn't Green Day say Kill all the FAGS that don't agree! in a song of theirs ....and Look at the examples of old school rap songs I gave you, the rappers they referred to as fags or faggot WERE NOT HOMOSEXUAL! This whole 'getting offended' thing DOES NOT HELP the stereotype that 'gay men are wimps' because these gay males complaining are acting like stereotypes! Yeah you have the macho/butch Rob Halford type every now and then, but people like this are their own worst enemy! This is just like if a black person were to steal something or if a jew were to act as a 'cheap-skate'.
13.12.2007 - 04:42
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
IMO it should be applied to ALL rap
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
13.12.2007 - 20:03
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by BurbotsRevenge on 13.12.2007 at 04:42

Haha, I'm with you!
----
13.12.2007 - 20:52
Øyvind
Grave Digger
This is not the only group of people that is insulted in rap music, and rap music is not the only genre of music that insults someone/something. Therefore, never mind. Bans are stupid, insulting is even more stupid, but that's the way it is.
----
06.11.2008 - 16:57
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
I have the same name as a place with one of the largest gay populations.... great
----
Coldgrits
06.11.2008 - 18:46
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Woooooow how lame. i wouldnt mind if censored versions of rap songs are played, but an outright ban? thats bullshit.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
07.11.2008 - 01:30
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Warman on 13.12.2007 at 20:03

Haha, I'm with you!

As nice as it is to see rap eradicated from the planet, I just think this is a bad way to go about it, it will probably in turn boost the popularity and record sales of these so called "Artists". I'm just against censorship in general. Don't like it, don't listen to it. Though 50 Cent should be executed - I think we can all agree on that.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
22.11.2008 - 16:01
Frankenchrist

Haha, I'm with you!

dude, no way. there's some crazy rap out there. check out lupe fiasco, immortal technique, the notorious B.I.G. and the wu-tang clan
----
Blat Blat
22.11.2008 - 19:38
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Genius, I'm going to University there next year and I despise rap so sounds good to me.
30.11.2008 - 19:09
I, The Quatropus

And out of all the Cannibal Corpse bullshit that's released.........................
/facepalm, ignorance is bliss.
----
Burzum did it for the lulz
06.12.2008 - 16:21
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
I think it's stupid. It's freedom of speech, And even if your opinion is really closed-minded you will ALWAYS have the right to say it.

Homophobic rap shouldn't be the exception. Although I do agree that some rap "artist" should be killed :p
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
14.12.2008 - 02:18
necrovamp

All music - whether played live or from a recording - that "incites hatred towards minorities" on religious, racial or sexuality grounds is affected.

sounds like it could mean black metal etc, under this wording even maddonnas anti religion song wont be allowed, u know the one with all the corsses in the video the media though was so bad a few years back.

you all keep talking about hohmophobics but black metal incites hatred towards religon.
----
'I'd rather die than go to heaven' - Murderface
14.12.2008 - 02:27
Gigginova
Account deleted
You know.........I've never heard a rap song that straight up disses all homosexuals as a group. Some Caribbean Dancehall Reggae has songs what attack homosexuals, and UK has alot of Jamaicans right? That's the music I would expect to be banned.......

but as I stated earlier, In rap, the word "fag" may be used but not as a slur, it's always used to diss straight people.
14.12.2008 - 20:45
Elodie Artour
Slania
I agree that such music shouldn't be banned but it is still lame to sing/write about your opinion on gays.
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
14.12.2008 - 21:09
I, The Quatropus

Haha, I'm with you!

Both of you are ignorant.
----
15.12.2008 - 20:08
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by I, The Quatropus on 14.12.2008 at 21:09

I think you are since you don't understand a joke. I honestly don't care what people listen to, even if I hate that kind of music.
----
16.12.2008 - 01:09
I, The Quatropus

Written by Warman on 15.12.2008 at 20:08

Written by I, The Quatropus on 14.12.2008 at 21:09

I think you are since you don't understand a joke. I honestly don't care what people listen to, even if I hate that kind of music.

As if one could feel a certain tone from what one is using on the internet. Yeah, then apparently I am.
----
03.01.2009 - 13:07
Kanto

I can sing about anything so I don't understand why ban some songs. For me it's not "correct" to be an homophobic and sing about it, but if you are...ok, go ahead! There are some songs against black people, religious, metal people (?), nazis, vegetarian, meat eaters, etc...so why just gay people? Why everyone is so paranoid to give just to them some "rights"?

Although I hate 50 Cent, if I go to the store and buy one of his CD, I want to hear it ALL, no banned songs, come on!! XXI Century!!!! I maybe could agree to not put those songs into gigs or clubs or stuff like that, but for "domestic use"...why???
----
...Dude.