Metal Storm logo
Playlists and Mixed CDs

07.12.2007 - 20:52
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
elite
Hey guys! Alright, I fell this can be a lot of fun. A few weeks ago a good friend of mine, Allison, asked me to make her a mixed CD of some good Metal songs, since she has not heard a whole lot of Metal and is very interested in it. So I got thinking, what would make a good introduction to the fabulous, and diverse, world of Metal.

Now, I could have gone about thing in several ways. First, chronological order, make one CD with bands like Blue Cheer, Stepenwolf, Iron Butterfly, Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath, then move into a CD with Iron Maide, Judas Priest, Metallica all the way up to a CD with Opeth and Killswitch Engage. But I didn't want her first experience to turn out to be a history lesson. If there is one word I can use to describe Metal it would be "intense". So what were some songs, reaching from the beginning to this year, covering different genres and styles that are rather intense? Well, I created a three volume set for Allison called "Hold Tight".

Volume I
"The Glass Prison" - Dream Theater
"Born" - Nevermore
"Run to the Hills" - Iron Maiden
"Zombie Inc." - In Flames
"Fade to Black" - Metallica
"The End is Begun" - Three
"Archetype" - Fear Factory
"The Only" - Static-X
"Nosferatu" - Evergrey
"From Out of Nowhere" - Faith No More
"Volte-Face" - Riveside
"Halo" - Porcupine Tree

Volume II
"The Drapery Falls" - Opeth
"Forty Six & 2" - Tool
"Tornado of Souls" - Megadeth
"When Darkness Falls" - Killswitch Engage
"Deadhead" - The Devin Townsend Band
"Simple Human" - Fates Warning
"Communication Breakdown" - Led Zeppelin
"The Genuine Pulse" - Borknagar
"Turn Your Back and Run" - Demon Hunter
"Freak on a Leash" - Korn
"Out in the Real World" - Stream of Passion

Volume III
"The Illusionist" - Scar Symmetry
"Altered Life" - Living Sacrifice
"Black Hole Sun" - Soundgarden
"Closer to the Heart" - Rush
"The Serpent's Kiss" - Symphony X
"Victoria's Secret" - Sonata Arctica
"Angel of Death" - Slayer
"18 and Life" - Skid Row
"Hunter's Night" - Russell Allen & Jorn Lande
"Light the Torch" - Soilwork
"11th Hour" - Lamb of God
"Paranoid" - Black Sabbath
"Cemetery Gates" - Pantera

Hopefully this will be the first of many different volumes I make. Now what has this got to do with anything? Well, I know a lot of other people are into making mix tapes/CDs and it can be a lot of fun. So here is a chance for us to share mixes we have come up with with each other.

Do you have a specific theme in mind for the album? It would be great to see people post mixes with themes in them. Even better is when the songs all sort of flow together. That is one thing I did with these album, is the songs all work well in that order.

So what do you all have? Do people have requests? Like, make a mix with Metal love songs!

Lets go to work!
----
(space for rent)
07.12.2007 - 21:58
b0000mst1ck
it's weird that this topic was posted today because i'm actually putting a prog metal CD together for one of my friends. here's the playlist i've come up with so far...

"solitaire" - kamelot
"rule the world" - kamelot
"angels and demons" - angra
"snowbound" - anubis gate
"two is one" - andromeda
"deep weeds" - voyager
"a touch of blessing" - evergrey
"breaking the silence" - firewind
"mouth of madness" - circus maximus
"approaching" - pagan's mind
"through osiris' eyes" - pagan's mind
"pure" - lost horizon
"follow the blind" - tarot
"seven" - symphony x
"nightwalker" - vanden plas
"new world order" - pagan's mind

there isn't really any theme involved, although i think i might make another one with a "snow theme" since we're both avid snowboarders.
15.12.2007 - 06:16
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
elite
Wow, that is an interesting mix you got there. Were you going more for a Prog-Power theme?
----
(space for rent)
15.12.2007 - 07:06
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
Written by b0000mst1ck on 07.12.2007 at 21:58

it's weird that this topic was posted today because i'm actually putting a prog metal CD together for one of my friends.

a prog metal CD without Dream Theater!! whats happened
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
15.12.2007 - 18:31
b0000mst1ck
Written by Dane Train on 15.12.2007 at 06:16

Wow, that is an interesting mix you got there. Were you going more for a Prog-Power theme?

yeah...although pagan's mind and andromeda are on there, i was.

@burbots..i know, i know. i should be stabbed for not including dream theater. but i figured if i were to include them i'd need at least four of their songs. i decided to save them for the next one.
15.12.2007 - 19:57
Ellie
Account deleted
I made a fun power metal mix for fun..I played it when I drove in the car a lot and now my mother is obsessed with it. She really likes Sonata Arctia, Wintersun, and Terasbetoni..go figure
17.12.2007 - 01:17
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
elite
Written by Guest on 15.12.2007 at 19:57

I made a fun power metal mix for fun..I played it when I drove in the car a lot and now my mother is obsessed with it. She really likes Sonata Arctia, Wintersun, and Terasbetoni..go figure

What was on it? Was there a theme to it?
----
(space for rent)
17.12.2007 - 05:38
Ellie
Account deleted
Written by Dane Train on 17.12.2007 at 01:17

Written by Guest on 15.12.2007 at 19:57

What was on it? Was there a theme to it?

It was kind of just a power metal theme. Here are the Tracks..<br>Victorias Secret- Sonata Arctica<br>Black Sheep- Sonata Arctica<br>Carry On- Angra<br>Communion and the Oracle- Symphony X<br>Some song by Terasbetoni<br>Living on the Run- Manowar<br>Death and Healing- Wintersun and I forgot the rest haha sorry
17.12.2007 - 06:35
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
Well, i just like to rewrite my rewriytable cd's for traveling and stuff like that, so is constantly changing. But of course i got One mix that like a lot:

1. Guardians Of Fate - Ensiferum
2. Trollhammaren - Finntroll
3. Lai Lai Hei - Ensiferum
4. Beer Beer - Korpiklaani
5. Tears - Ensiferum
6. La Taberna - Saurom
7. Midsummernight - Korpiklaani
8. Historias Del Juglar - Saurom
9. One More MAgic Potion - Ensiferum
10. Let's Drink - Korpiklaani
11. Victory Songs - Ensiferum

...And ohers more, but those songs are always in my compilations. I call them Hymns to Drink! Haha