Metal Storm logo
Megadeth vs Metallica

Original post

Posted by -Valhalla-, 07.06.2006 - 03:18
Megadeth and Metallica have been trying to out do eachother for years. Dave Mustaine was an Ex-Metallica guitarist, and made Megadeth to show that he doesn't need metallica. Metallica the more popular of the two, cut thier hair, and sold out, touring with bands like Linkin Park, Limp Bizcuit. Meanwhile, Megadeth's still going strong. Who's better? Would you rather go to see live?

In my opinion Megadeth is the better of the two. Metallica is a bunch of fatheads who have sucked balls since Ride The Lightning. Megadeth still sounds great, and has the Gigantour going, while Metallica is busy filming their next documentary about, whiney disagreements, and how the band is falling apart.

Poll

Megadeth vs. Metallica

Megadeth
Metallica

Total votes: 971
14.08.2011 - 12:30
Monolithic
♠♠♠
I...would pick...Megadeth. It's not because I feel they're best or something, I just like them more than Metallica.
14.08.2011 - 17:34
BeastOfMetal456
Account deleted
Both bands kick ass, but I'll have to go with Metallica. They're somehow closer to my heart than Megadeth.
15.08.2011 - 17:35
masterofpuppets

Metallica kicks megadeths ass. Megadeth copys Metallica look at there logo enlarged M and H, Just like metallicas enlarged M and A. Also look at there music styles they both played thrash in the 80's, they both played heavy metal in the 90's and there both playing thrash.
15.08.2011 - 17:45
fabregassed
Account deleted
Written by masterofpuppets on 15.08.2011 at 17:35

Metallica kicks megadeths ass. Megadeth copys Metallica look at there logo enlarged M and H, Just like metallicas enlarged M and A.

Because a band's ability is determined by their logo.....
15.08.2011 - 18:09
BeastOfMetal456
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 15.08.2011 at 17:45

Metallica kicks megadeths ass. Megadeth copys Metallica look at there logo enlarged M and H, Just like metallicas enlarged M and A.

That's why Cannibal Corpse is the best metal band.
15.08.2011 - 20:52
Berserk

I like more songs by Megadeth... but the best of Metallica beats the best of Megadeth IMO. Overall though, I think Megadeth have been able to stay stronger in metal, unlike metallica. I voted for Megadeth.
----
Fear the Old Blood
16.08.2011 - 04:43
Mothman

Megadeth. You wanna' know why? Because the riffs they come up with are often more sick than anything made by Metallica. I also think that their latest material is still excellent. Metallica? Not so much. Their time has passed.
19.08.2011 - 06:51
Hellhound

I was gonna rip on that guy for that, but good save sir... Good save. I would have to go with Megadeth too. They have consistently surprised me everytime I have listened to them.
20.08.2011 - 00:15
Metalorgy

For me it's Metallica without a doubt, they are not only more popular, the important thing is they were/are more influential. I don't think any one can argue with the fact they have changed the metal scene.

Megadeth made some great music but my ears tell me Dave Mustaine just can't sing. He might get away with it on studio albums but live he's just horrible. I recently saw both bands during Sonisphere in France, and well ... this time David lost from Goliath.
21.08.2011 - 16:52
JD
Account deleted
Written by Metalorgy on 20.08.2011 at 00:15

For me it's Metallica without a doubt, they are not only more popular, the important thing is they were/are more influential. I don't think any one can argue with the fact they have changed the metal scene.

Couldn't agree more.
22.08.2011 - 01:19
Metal_4Ever

Is there a cheater here
Users visited: 612
Total votes: 748
22.08.2011 - 02:07
fabregassed
Account deleted
Written by Metal_4Ever on 22.08.2011 at 01:19

Is there a cheater here
Users visited: 612
Total votes: 748

Well since this poll is extremely old, I'd assume they didnt have the user counters before.
22.08.2011 - 02:11
Metal_4Ever

Written by Guest on 22.08.2011 at 02:07

Well since this poll is extremely old, I'd assume they didnt have the user counters before.

Or there are guests voted here.
22.08.2011 - 02:13
fabregassed
Account deleted
Written by Metal_4Ever on 22.08.2011 at 02:11

Written by Guest on 22.08.2011 at 02:07

Or there are guests voted here.

well if you look at when the oldest visitor visited this page, its about four years ago, this thread is 5.. so they just didnt count users before then lol this is more mundane then the actual thread topic.
23.08.2011 - 15:56
HoleInTheSky1985

Hearing the first 3 Metallica Records changed my Life, so I pick Metallica. Tough decision though, Megadeth are also one of my favorite bands as well.
23.08.2011 - 22:21
RattleSnake

Metallica is Metallica and Megadeth is Megadeth ... there is no vs. !!!
23.08.2011 - 22:22
RattleSnake

Written by HoleInTheSky1985 on 23.08.2011 at 15:56

Hearing the first 3 Metallica Records changed my Life, so I pick Metallica. Tough decision though, Megadeth are also one of my favorite bands as well.

exactly
23.08.2011 - 22:39
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by RattleSnake on 23.08.2011 at 22:21

I don't think you understand the point of the thread...
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
23.08.2011 - 23:07
RattleSnake

Written by Troy Killjoy on 23.08.2011 at 22:39

Written by RattleSnake on 23.08.2011 at 22:21

I don't think you understand the point of the thread...

I understand .... but i think that is a big differences between these bands... what do you think ?
23.08.2011 - 23:14
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by RattleSnake on 23.08.2011 at 23:07
but i think that is a big differences between these bands... what do you think ?

I think we're comparing two original thrash metal bands who were part of the big four, garnered a lot of critical acclaim for their work and later worked their way into the mainstream. What Metallica started, Megadeth tried to finish. I think these two bands are the easiest to compare for a wide variety of reasons.

Although personally I think they've both sucked for about 20 years, at least Metallica has Kill 'Em All, so I guess they'd get my vote.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
23.08.2011 - 23:23
RattleSnake

Written by Troy Killjoy on 23.08.2011 at 23:14

Written by RattleSnake on 23.08.2011 at 23:07
but i think that is a big differences between these bands... what do you think ?

I think we're comparing two original thrash metal bands who were part of the big four, garnered a lot of critical acclaim for their work and later worked their way into the mainstream. What Metallica started, Megadeth tried to finish. I think these two bands are the easiest to compare for a wide variety of reasons.

Although personally I think they've both sucked for about 20 years, at least Metallica has Kill 'Em All, so I guess they'd get my vote.

Yes u right.. but Im just trying to explain that I can´t tell Metallica is better than Megadeth or Megadeth is better then Metallica ... These are my favourite thrash metal bands ever ...
07.10.2011 - 20:07
metalheadpunk
Account deleted
I used to like Metallica alot, they were probably my favorite band, until i heard Megadeth, and everything changed. Megadeth is way a more talented band. Dave Mustaine kicks so much ass. Plus Megadeth didnt pussy out in the 90's like Metallica, they stayed true to their thrash roots.
07.10.2011 - 22:57
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by Guest on 07.10.2011 at 20:07

I used to like Metallica alot, they were probably my favorite band, until i heard Megadeth, and everything changed. Megadeth is way a more talented band. Dave Mustaine kicks so much ass. Plus Megadeth didnt pussy out in the 90's like Metallica, they stayed true to their thrash roots.

THRASH ON!

FUCK YEAH! THRASH! MOSH!

Sorry, hoss, Megadave did EXACTLY the same shit Metallica did in the 90's, following almost album for album Metallica's path. The big difference is at least Metallica succeeded at their sell-out. Megadeth notsomuch.

Starting with Slowdown to Extinction they dumped speed, what aggression remained, and started writing simpler, catchier songs and pumping out music videos for regular eMpTy-Vee rotation.

I was a Megadeth fan... i remember being fired up for Countdown and being every bit as fucking disappointed as i was with the Black Album. As with Metallica, I made the mistake of also buying the next album to come out (Load/Youthanasia) and never spent another dime on anything either band has put out since.

Finally, in regards to "pussying out in the 90's", Risk was WORSE than anything Metallica put out that decade.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
07.10.2011 - 23:38
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Megadeth are really good at imitating Metallica and finding a way each and every time to be just a little worse.
----
08.10.2011 - 00:48
metalheadpunk
Account deleted
Written by BitterCOld on 07.10.2011 at 22:57

Written by Guest on 07.10.2011 at 20:07

THRASH ON!

FUCK YEAH! THRASH! MOSH!

Sorry, hoss, Megadave did EXACTLY the same shit Metallica did in the 90's, following almost album for album Metallica's path. The big difference is at least Metallica succeeded at their sell-out. Megadeth notsomuch.

Starting with Slowdown to Extinction they dumped speed, what aggression remained, and started writing simpler, catchier songs and pumping out music videos for regular eMpTy-Vee rotation.

I was a Megadeth fan... i remember being fired up for Countdown and being every bit as fucking disappointed as i was with the Black Album. As with Metallica, I made the mistake of also buying the next album to come out (Load/Youthanasia) and never spent another dime on anything either band has put out since.

Finally, in regards to "pussying out in the 90's", Risk was WORSE than anything Metallica put out that decade.

I happen to like Risk, i think its alot better than Load and Reload, and although its not a thrash album, Megadeth is still more of a thrash band than Metallica. Risk came out in '99 and up until that point Megadeth was still doing thrash albums, Cryptic Writings is a good example. And Hidden Treasures, and Youthanasia are alot more thrash than Load and Reload. And after Risk Megadeth went back to their thrash roots.
08.10.2011 - 00:59
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
They sucked in the 90s. they sold out just as hard as Metallica did... only didn't do it as well.

find it hilarious you're backtracking already from "stayed true to thrash"... they moved back to attempt to recapture the audience they left behind with the radio crap of the 90's.

i realize you young 'uns take an alternate view to history that suits your tastes, but they were all over eMpTy-Vee trying to cash in like Metallica with those 90's releases.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
11.10.2011 - 14:04
edgethrasherx

Hahaha yeah that's exactly what i was thinking
----
"killing for religion. something i don't understand"-Dave Mustaine
11.10.2011 - 15:46
Yavanna

Some years ago, I would have choosen metallica, but then I realized that Metallica isn't that great anyway... Megadeth has taken my preference since I realized that
----
Carry me to the shoreline
Bury me in the sand
Walk me across the water
And maybe you'll understand
19.10.2011 - 13:32
aher

Megadeath is the best compare with metallica
20.10.2011 - 04:42
Garth Vader

One word solves this debate from here on out. Lulu. Case closed.
----
Now I so clearly see how I have murdered me