04. Lucy Fair
05. Freaky Friday
06. Fake Demon
07. Invisible Cry
08. Prophet
09. Disbelief
10. E.C.E.G

Stoner all the way

Corruption is a Stoner band from Poland, and this is already their fifth album so far, so, here we are for the surprise of the month. Stoner rock deals with groovy, heavy riffing, a different approach to lyrics and a more relaxed attitude rather that the uptight, evil Metal imagery, to be honest I don't know if call it Stoner Rock or Stoner Metal.

Anyway, as always things enter through the eyes first and with the very attractive cover art I was quite eager to find out what was in the inside, I was more than surprised to find excellent material, 10 tracks of perfectly crafted Stoner Metal. Songs are catchy, guitars sound crystal clear and vocals are more than appropriate for the style of music.

Songs range from groovy pieces like "99% Of Evil", "Murderer Magicians" to catchy, commercial accessible "Hey You", to a sludge-fest like "Disbelief", worth mentionable is the awesome instrumental "Freaky Friday".

In each song I can hear the groovy riffs, the thick bass lines and the creativity behind the songwriting. You can really tell that this band has albums prior to this release, because this is a mature album from a band that is not new on the business. You can tell that they found their sound and they know their instruments very well, and that's why this album works (at least for me). Besides, if you take a closer look at the cover art, you can spot a marihuana leaf, a inverted pace n' love sign with "pussy" written all over and a money sign. And they're right, if you have money, pussy and joints, nothing can go wrong!

Written by Undercraft | 06.06.2006

Comments

Comments: 1   Visited by: 16 users
07.06.2006 - 07:32
CrypticMyth
Metal Scientist
Sounds Good! I'll chk it out.
----
"You're all the same, the lot of you, with your long hair and faggot clothes. Drugs, sex, every sort of filth. And you hate the police, don't you? You make it easy."

Hits total: 3799 | This month: 16