Metal Storm logo
Barzakh (Oriental Metal: Tunisia)

08.12.2007 - 22:37
Black Winter

This is one of the best tunisian bands that use arabic lyrics and plays some good stuff,it's members were members of 'Madside' and 'madshock',who split up to form Barzakh,they are:

Ghassen Horrigue - vocals
Sami Khouja - drums
Nadim Ben Tara - bass & backing vocals
Haithem Mahbouli - guitar
Sami Mahbouli - percussions

Barzakh is the only tunisian metal band that could participate in the Tunisian Music festival,which is usually held as a popular music festival,they also didn't miss any of the Metal and Rock events in tunisia,they play gigs very often,and they do some really nice covers,one of them was Lethe by Dark Tranquillity.
The most things I like about Barzakh,are their lyrics,and their use of tunisian and eastern instruments and tone.

To get to know them better,This sample is actually provided by the band,it's an old track when the band had the name"madside",the link is from ZanZana which is a website and a forum that gathers all tunisian metal bands,(you can check it out but it's in french):

http://www.zanzana.net/audio/madside/madside-wa9tech.mp3

Official MySpace:
http://www.myspace.com/barzakhhome
----
Once the people decides to live, destiny will definetly obey..

T u n i s i a F r e e !
25.12.2007 - 22:58
Black Winter

so why did nobody comment on the band,come on people let us hear from you!
----

T u n i s i a F r e e !
30.12.2007 - 21:26
Varegan
Hamranakara
I wonder how a metal band can exist in a Islamic country? don't they have problems for getting permission for playing live or publishing their stuff?
----
Written by muthafucka on 08.07.2010 at 06:46

"METAL STORM" (LIGHTING STRIKES)
30.12.2007 - 22:30
ylside

Written by Varegan on 30.12.2007 at 21:26

I wonder how a metal band can exist in a Islamic country? don't they have problems for getting permission for playing live or publishing their stuff?

Not in all countries man. I don't know how the rules are in Iran, but northen Africa is "forced" to accept metal acts performing nowadays.
30.12.2007 - 22:33
Varegan
Hamranakara
Written by ylside on 30.12.2007 at 22:30

Not in all countries man. I don't know how the rules are in Iran, but northen Africa is "forced" to accept metal acts performing nowadays.

I cant understand! why "forced" ?
----

30.12.2007 - 22:43
ylside

At least in Morocco, after the "Satanist" case, the people in charge of events no more want to be seen as closeminded, therefore they begin to accept it.

Coming back to Barzakh, this Wa9tech is good! There aren't many bands singing in Arabic, I totally support that.
30.12.2007 - 22:54
Varegan
Hamranakara
Written by ylside on 30.12.2007 at 22:43

At least in Morocco, after the "Satanist" case, the people in charge of events no more want to be seen as closeminded, therefore they begin to accept it.

Coming back to Barzakh, this Wa9tech is good! There aren't many bands singing in Arabic, I totally support that.

that looks a nice band, I downloaded that sample.mixture of Arabic music and metal.they are connected to their own national roots.
----

31.12.2007 - 18:15
Black Winter

Actually there is a song by Barzakh called "Noor" (english=light) and it's about the light of God,so metal and Islam actually can go together..
Metal is well accepted by the society in tunisia a tunisian band called "Myrath" was broadcasted two days ago in the official natinal TV..so were many others in some occasions,I'd say that the 'satanism' talk last summer had no real effects here.
----

T u n i s i a F r e e !
31.12.2007 - 21:56
Varegan
Hamranakara
I know what noor means.we use the same word in Persian.its good to see African people are becoming more open-minded than their ancestors.
but I think a metal band must not be restricted by their society to chose their subjects.and every band with every belief must be able to publish their music,even if its misanthropic or satanic.
----

25.02.2008 - 21:41
Dark Shark

I Tunisia there are few bands who plays musique with satanic subjects... In the most of time we found bands who palys death metal or progressive with an oriental touch... and in my opinion there arn't satanist, the journalists says anything
27.02.2008 - 21:39
Dark Shark

Also Barzach released two other tracks "Borken" and means
Volcano in english. They talks about him sorrows that it affect in their hearts...they add a tunisian instrument ( El Aoud) in the track.
And the other is "Dinya" and means world World ( in the song they means "current life")
28.04.2011 - 16:50
JD
Account deleted
The name of this band seems familiar, anyway am so interested to listen to their song, am gonna download it now, if anyone have other free samples or links feel free to PM me.