Metal Storm logo
The Quick Questions Thread

11.03.2009 - 02:26
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Question: Kirk Hammett played on the latest K'Naan album and I wanted to add that to his profile, but I am not sure how to. Could someone please help me out?
----
(space for rent)
11.03.2009 - 04:06
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Dane Train on 11.03.2009 at 02:26

Question: Kirk Hammett played on the latest K'Naan album and I wanted to add that to his profile, but I am not sure how to. Could someone please help me out?

Go to his profile, click "Add Bands" and in the drop-down selection for "Position" click "Guest Musician"....or whatever his position on that album was...
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
11.03.2009 - 05:12
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Written by Doc G. on 11.03.2009 at 04:06

Written by Dane Train on 11.03.2009 at 02:26

Go to his profile, click "Add Bands" and in the drop-down selection for "Position" click "Guest Musician"....or whatever his position on that album was...

Ok, thanks. I just added it.
----
(space for rent)
16.03.2009 - 07:50
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Listen STAFFERS: I see a huge number of the bands in the "Suggestions" page that are not being added because they are not "Metal". Although I like some of them, I agree with that view completely. But how can all we, the simple member accept and understand that reason when On MS are ALREADY many non metal bands????? The Doors is a very simple example and if the doors are here why would not Queen??? Which IMO are "harder". You see?? It is not going to end... Or System Of A Dawn:yeah these are Nu but Limp Bizkit are also Nu. Why not??? So tell us: will the MS while the time passes by become a Rock and Metal centre or maybe you'll think about deleting ALL the non-metal bands so to remain a true METALstorm????

IMO whatever doesnt include the word "Metal" or the sound of metal should be now deleted!

I don't want to offend anyone but to get an answer from someone who can explain me not what happens but what WILL happen..

I know, I may had to post that on the thread about suggestions for MS but it is also like a question...
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
21.03.2009 - 09:55
BloodTears
ANA-thema
What is wrong with the Login thing? Before we could enter the website and be automatically logged in, now we always have to log in every time. That is bad!
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
21.03.2009 - 12:43
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Written by Deadmeat on 16.03.2009 at 07:50
Listen STAFFERS: I see a huge number of the bands in the "Suggestions" page that are not being added because they are not "Metal". Although I like some of them, I agree with that view completely. But how can all we, the simple member accept and understand that reason when On MS are ALREADY many non metal bands????? The Doors is a very simple example and if the doors are here why would not Queen??? Which IMO are "harder". You see?? It is not going to end... Or System Of A Dawn:yeah these are Nu but Limp Bizkit are also Nu. Why not??? So tell us: will the MS while the time passes by become a Rock and Metal centre or maybe you'll think about deleting ALL the non-metal bands so to remain a true METALstorm????

IMO whatever doesnt include the word "Metal" or the sound of metal should be now deleted!

I don't want to offend anyone but to get an answer from someone who can explain me not what happens but what WILL happen..

I know, I may had to post that on the thread about suggestions for MS but it is also like a question...
I saw this issue in a similar light at first, but then I just accepted it as a new era of MS. As time changes, so do other things, and now it may be that non-metal bands will only be added if a review is asked of the staff by a label. IMO deleting entire band profiles would be unnecessary and a sad thing (well, except some total pop-rock cases).
Written by BloodTears on 21.03.2009 at 09:55
What is wrong with the Login thing? Before we could enter the website and be automatically logged in, now we always have to log in every time. That is bad!
From the shoutbox:
Quote:
06:54 - Lucas
maintainence issues, that's all. not everything is fixed though, but that's because Ivan is not here atm.

06:53 - mankvill
nooo cooookieeeessss ;_;

06:51 - metalhead3
why cockies method doesn't exist anymore
Now for a quick question of my own: How on Earth do we decide which level of priority is appropriate for a piece of news? I nearly missed the new Warbringer song cos of this!
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
25.03.2009 - 18:09
Thryce
Retired Staff
Written by Syk on 21.03.2009 at 12:43

(...) I nearly missed the new Warbringer song cos of this!

So... did you dig it? 'Cus I didn't particularly like it. Was wondering if maybe we could share the same opinion for a change. And if it is indeed the case, maybe we could even hold hands or something to cherish the moment.
----
Your favorite band sucks.
26.03.2009 - 11:06
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Written by Thryce on 25.03.2009 at 18:09
(...) I nearly missed the new Warbringer song cos of this!
So... did you dig it? 'Cus I didn't particularly like it. Was wondering if maybe we could share the same opinion for a change. And if it is indeed the case, maybe we could even hold hands or something to cherish the moment.
Hahaha, well IMO it's just more stuff along the lines of the 08 album - nothing especially great but decent. I wonder if any of the other tracks will be structured more cohesively.
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
26.03.2009 - 21:53
tulkas
el parcero
Quote:

06:51 - metalhead3
why cockies method doesn't exist anymore

cockies i love it when a simple writing mistake can change the whole meaning of what's being said, haha
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
28.03.2009 - 01:51
Ivan
Retired Admin
Cookies are disabled for security reasons, we're working on improving and bringing them back.
11.04.2009 - 22:14
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Beherit recording a new album. that tread was locked because we have band tread

Anybody can asver why when I report about tread and sad we can discuss it in band tread, it was rejected(dont remeber who reject report) and now its locked?
Why is thet?
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
12.04.2009 - 10:52
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Written by Bad English on 11.04.2009 at 22:14

Anybody can asver why when I report about tread and sad we can discuss it in band tread, it was rejected(dont remeber who reject report) and now its locked?
Why is thet?

I don't remember that report, to be honest. Probably a mistake on my part. Apologies.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
12.04.2009 - 13:26
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Lucas on 12.04.2009 at 10:52

Written by Bad English on 11.04.2009 at 22:14

Why is thet?

I don't remember that report, to be honest. Probably a mistake on my part. Apologies.

Its ok , since it was long ago and I dont remeber who reject it, it was not you , baz or Richard for shore.
No need wories
----

apos;'
[image]
03.05.2009 - 21:37
Sahalaita

I have a question 'cause I haven't been member too long. How long it usually takes that the lyrics which I added are added in the database?
03.05.2009 - 21:51
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Sahalaita on 03.05.2009 at 21:37

I have a question 'cause I haven't been member too long. How long it usually takes that the lyrics which I added are added in the database?

from weeks till half year
----

apos;'
[image]
04.05.2009 - 14:33
Sahalaita

Ok, so it's pretty fast
06.05.2009 - 04:30
Baz Anderson

It can be done almost instantly, it just depends how on top of the edits the staff are. At the moment we're not very on top of them.
06.05.2009 - 19:52
Smurfophagist

Written by Baz Anderson on 06.05.2009 at 04:30

It can be done almost instantly, it just depends how on top of the edits the staff are. At the moment we're not very on top of them.

I would like to know when is the staff going to make Lucifugum's profile visible. I submitted all the info and that was quite some time ago.
----
Having a signature is an absolute must.
07.05.2009 - 16:05
GT
Coffee!!
Written by Smurfophagist on 06.05.2009 at 19:52

Written by Baz Anderson on 06.05.2009 at 04:30

I would like to know when is the staff going to make Lucifugum's profile visible. I submitted all the info and that was quite some time ago.

Maybe never, maybe tomorrow. Most of us are quite busy with other things at the moment and edits aren't being checked as often as other times.
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
12.05.2009 - 19:28
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
How come some news posts are not showing up on the front page? I recently submitted one news (Dream Theater video) and recived messages about other fav. band news. But when I look on the front page they are no where to be seen. Does Metal Storm hate me that much now?
----
(space for rent)
12.05.2009 - 20:32
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Written by Dane Train on 12.05.2009 at 19:28

How come some news posts are not showing up on the front page? I recently submitted one news (Dream Theater video) and recived messages about other fav. band news. But when I look on the front page they are no where to be seen. Does Metal Storm hate me that much now?

The notification is automatically sent when the news is online for bands among your favorites

About your Dream Theater news, it's me who edited/accepted it. But as you can notice, all news for new song/video don't appear on the front page. Anyway, if you click on the Metal news title on the front page, all news appear on the list. The new system (news priority) applies mostly to this kind of news (new songs/videos online). Those news reports, which are sometimes numerous, remove the other important news from the frontpage. This is the explanation that I can provide to you. Nevertheless wait for a confirmation from a Staff member

And NO, I don't hate you
12.05.2009 - 21:04
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Yeah, new videos, uploaded songs etc. are categorized as 'low priority', while band members leaving etc. is regarded as 'high priority'.

This line, which you can see when adding news, should explain it:

"Priority: High - shows on the front page. Medium - shows everywhere except the front page. Low - skips the RSS."
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
12.05.2009 - 22:54
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Ah, excellent! Thanks guys, that makes perfect sense now. I just didn't know about the priority thing. But shouldn't everything concerning Dream Theater be a priority? I mean, where is the full front page Metal Storm article on James LaBrie eating, and enjoying, a home baked blueberry muffin? Come one, this is far more important than a Metallica-Megedeth-Slayer world tour!
----
(space for rent)
13.05.2009 - 01:11
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Written by Dane Train on 12.05.2009 at 22:54

Ah, excellent! Thanks guys, that makes perfect sense now. I just didn't know about the priority thing. But shouldn't everything concerning Dream Theater be a priority? I mean, where is the full front page Metal Storm article on James LaBrie eating, and enjoying, a home baked blueberry muffin? Come one, this is far more important than a Metallica-Megedeth-Slayer world tour!

Well, where's your article submission? I don't see it anywhere.
----

13.05.2009 - 19:49
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Am i allowed to post "up"(to bring the other user's attention to the topic at hand so it will appear as the last replied topic in the subforum) messages if i opened a topic in the ads forum?
13.05.2009 - 21:51
GT
Coffee!!
@Valentin: I would say no! It would be considered spam, but you could add a little something to the post and then it would be fine
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
25.05.2009 - 21:48
HellHammer
Account deleted
Is there a faster way to upload your collection (maybe in CSV form) than to add them one by one?
26.05.2009 - 07:49
Ivan
Retired Admin
Written by Guest on 25.05.2009 at 21:48

Is there a faster way to upload your collection (maybe in CSV form) than to add them one by one?

No, sorry, that's not possible at the moment.
26.05.2009 - 12:23
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Why when I open notifications and PM there in corner after opene dit still stays number of PM' Not it disapears after replay or open quoted tread?
Is it a bug ?

I starts yesterday in eve , never had seen such thiks before
----

apos;'
[image]
26.05.2009 - 12:29
Ivan
Retired Admin
Written by Bad English on 26.05.2009 at 12:23

Why when I open notifications and PM there in corner after opene dit still stays number of PM' Not it disapears after replay or open quoted tread?
Is it a bug ?

I starts yesterday in eve , never had seen such thiks before

Fixed.