Metal Storm logo
The Quick Questions Thread

Original post

Posted by Dane Train, 11.03.2009 - 02:26
Question: Kirk Hammett played on the latest K'Naan album and I wanted to add that to his profile, but I am not sure how to. Could someone please help me out?
28.12.2015 - 03:40
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by M C Vice on 28.12.2015 at 03:11

Done. Couldn't figure out how to add 2wo to it, since they're not featured and typing it in after the numbers for the other bands didn't work. (only has 1 song from 2wo anyway, though.)

I've fixed it up for ya. You can't put a band name in the profile number field, it doesn't do anything. Since we don't have a profile for 2wo, there's no way to make that name show up at the top. Instead of I added the band names to the tracklist to properly show which tracks are by which Halford venture, and that also works in conjunction with the bands you add in that profile number field; the way the page is setup now with the profile number tags and the way the tracklist is now is the actual proper way to create a 'Split' album page.
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

28.12.2015 - 04:02
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by psykometal on 28.12.2015 at 03:40

Written by M C Vice on 28.12.2015 at 03:11

Done. Couldn't figure out how to add 2wo to it, since they're not featured and typing it in after the numbers for the other bands didn't work. (only has 1 song from 2wo anyway, though.)

I've fixed it up for ya. You can't put a band name in the profile number field, it doesn't do anything. Since we don't have a profile for 2wo, there's no way to make that name show up at the top. Instead of I added the band names to the tracklist to properly show which tracks are by which Halford venture, and that also works in conjunction with the bands you add in that profile number field; the way the page is setup now with the profile number tags and the way the tracklist is now is the actual proper way to create a 'Split' album page.

Thanks.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
28.12.2015 - 16:18
nightwica

How long does it take for an album review to be accepted and published?
28.12.2015 - 16:38
D.T. Metal

Written by nightwica on 28.12.2015 at 16:18

How long does it take for an album review to be accepted and published?

Well, I was gonna PM you anyways since your submitted review is way, way too long; almost double the suggested max word count of 500. If you could be a dear and scale it down some, we will have one of our proof readers look it over. Please check the FAQ for further info.
28.12.2015 - 20:54
nightwica

Thanks for you kind reply! Yeah, I had the review and the thoughts ready in my head and then I saw the word limit... And I think all passages have a place there and have sense, but I will really try to scale it down. As you can see from the formatting, I have read the FAQ Should I just send it over again?
28.12.2015 - 22:34
D.T. Metal

Written by nightwica on 28.12.2015 at 20:54

Thanks for you kind reply! Yeah, I had the review and the thoughts ready in my head and then I saw the word limit... And I think all passages have a place there and have sense, but I will really try to scale it down. As you can see from the formatting, I have read the FAQ Should I just send it over again?

yes, if you can't edit your submitted review then just add a new (shorter) one.
30.12.2015 - 00:25
nightwica

Written by D.T. Metal on 28.12.2015 at 22:34

Written by nightwica on 28.12.2015 at 20:54

yes, if you can't edit your submitted review then just add a new (shorter) one.

Redone, resent, 560 words, can't go any lower, this left me in tears, too. The webzine I am writing for asks us ~800 words so I am just really used to expressing my thoughts in that format. (It is a Hungarian webzine, so I didn't send the same material, before you start worrying about that and link me to the FAQ once again )
30.12.2015 - 22:04
labrador666

How can I filter the new release page to show Thrash Metal genre only? Or is there a way to get email notifications of new releases in this genre? Thx
30.12.2015 - 22:24
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by labrador666 on 30.12.2015 at 22:04

How can I filter the new release page to show Thrash Metal genre only? Or is there a way to get email notifications of new releases in this genre? Thx

no emails , somehow somebody In old days told its not possible, it needs super huge server

http://www.metalstorm.net/bands/albums.php?a_where=b.bandname&a_what=

go there and see upcoming thrash
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
31.12.2015 - 21:00
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by labrador666 on 30.12.2015 at 22:04

As Bad English noted, follow the link he provided, then type 2015 in Year field, then Filter style by Thrash, then check the Show invisible bands box. That will show you all Thrash albums from 2015; or type in 2016 to see next year's.

That is the only way to see all albums of a certain genre by year.
----

23.04.2016 - 13:05
Risto
Wandering Midget
What should I do when a musician in a band picks up a new instrument later? In this case it's a keyboardist starting to do vocals on their new album. Add him twice?
23.04.2016 - 13:07
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Risto on 23.04.2016 at 13:05

What should I do when a musician in a band picks up a new instrument later? In this case it's a keyboardist starting to do vocals on their new album. Add him twice?

or http://www.metalstorm.net/bands/band.php?band_id=3151&bandname=Fall%2BOf%2BThe%2BIdols

but most of us seems add 2 times
Jonny - bass, vocals 2001-
Jonny bass 1999-2001

as far I get boat ways are right and Troy, lex array confirmed
----

apos;'
[image]
23.04.2016 - 13:09
Risto
Wandering Midget
Written by Bad English on 23.04.2016 at 13:07

or http://www.metalstorm.net/bands/band.php?band_id=3151&bandname=Fall%2BOf%2BThe%2BIdols

Thanks for pointing that out. It's actually a good idea because the vocals are only on one track so far.
23.04.2016 - 13:11
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Risto on 23.04.2016 at 13:09

Written by Bad English on 23.04.2016 at 13:07

Thanks for pointing that out. It's actually a good idea because the vocals are only on one track so far.

if its one track best is don't use default, manually update album IMO
----

apos;'
[image]
23.04.2016 - 13:14
Risto
Wandering Midget
Written by Bad English on 23.04.2016 at 13:11

Ok, I'll do that after another line-up edit gets accepted.
23.04.2016 - 13:17
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Risto on 23.04.2016 at 13:14

Written by Bad English on 23.04.2016 at 13:11

Ok, I'll do that after another line-up edit gets accepted.

and guitars, not guitar ... plurals, always
----

apos;'
[image]
23.04.2016 - 13:20
Risto
Wandering Midget
Written by Bad English on 23.04.2016 at 13:17

Go ahead and fix Kari Olli as well, then
23.04.2016 - 13:21
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Risto on 23.04.2016 at 13:20

Written by Bad English on 23.04.2016 at 13:17

Go ahead and fix Kari Olli as well, then

I forgot band name, doping other band atm
----

apos;'
[image]
30.04.2016 - 17:57
Kennoth

Hey niggas, I know I'm not very active around here, but what does a girl have to do to get a user title around here?
----
*insert something deep and profound*
30.04.2016 - 18:08
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Kennoth on 30.04.2016 at 17:57

Hey niggas, I know I'm not very active around here, but what does a girl have to do to get a user title around here?

If you mean those titles below the username, they are unlocked after getting 100 community points.
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
30.04.2016 - 18:33
Kennoth

I thought so. Can I get a discount because of my giant e-penis?
----
*insert something deep and profound*
30.04.2016 - 21:10
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Kennoth on 30.04.2016 at 18:33

I thought so. Can I get a discount because of my giant e-penis?

Click edit profile I can change my
----

apos;'
[image]
01.05.2016 - 21:12
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by Bad English on 30.04.2016 at 21:10

Click edit profile I can change my

He only has 61 community points, so he needs another 39 points to unlock his.
----

08.09.2016 - 01:00
Crimson Maiden

I have a weird question: Does Christian metal exist?? Just very curious cause I never really hear this topic addressed anywhere...8-]]
08.09.2016 - 02:41
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Crimson Maiden on 08.09.2016 at 01:00

I have a weird question: Does Christian metal exist?? Just very curious cause I never really hear this topic addressed anywhere...8-]]

It looks like it does, yeah. Click here...
There are a lot of bands with christian members and even christian themes...
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
08.09.2016 - 20:16
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Crimson Maiden on 08.09.2016 at 01:00

this is not place this is quastions to site related matters only
----

apos;'
[image]
09.09.2016 - 21:08
Crimson Maiden

Thanks for sending me a click here, I will have to check out what I saw...and pardon me, didn't mean to post in the wrong thread..=-((
17.09.2016 - 13:45
3rdWorld
China was a neat
The new Siaskel album has two different artworks. The digital release on Jan had a different artwork from the physical release, probably an edited and modified version of the real artwork of the physical album which is the one I think should be featured here. So how do we determine which is the one that should be featured here? I didn't find any album edit specific rules in FAQ.

Album page. Digital release cover: https://siaskel.bandcamp.com/

Label page with original artwork: http://signalrex.bandcamp.com/album/haruwen-airen-2
17.09.2016 - 13:49
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by 3rdWorld on 17.09.2016 at 13:45

The new Siaskel album has two different artworks. The digital release on Jan had a different artwork from the physical release, probably a edited and modified version of the real artwork of the physical album which is the one I think should be featured here. So how do we determine which is the one that should be featured here? I didn't find any album edit specific rules in FAQ.

Label page with original artwork: http://signalrex.bandcamp.com/album/haruwen-airen-2

1th one always original one
----

apos;'
[image]
17.09.2016 - 13:58
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Written by Bad English on 17.09.2016 at 13:49

Written by 3rdWorld on 17.09.2016 at 13:45

The new Siaskel album has two different artworks. The digital release on Jan had a different artwork from the physical release, probably a edited and modified version of the real artwork of the physical album which is the one I think should be featured here. So how do we determine which is the one that should be featured here? I didn't find any album edit specific rules in FAQ.

1th one always original one

How is that? I don't see any specific rules regarding it here. Black Twilight Circle albums are released in awful quality tape initially so is that the original release you always listen to and the digital and cd releases doesn't count? I know its not the same as artworks. But if you look at the two artworks for this album, you can see the digital release just had some extra layouts added to the original art. It looks awful ffs compared to the original art.